Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread III: "Trade 40 goal scorer for picks= Cup contenders" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Don Cherry was on the radio yesterday here in Canada and was begging R.O.R. to re-sign. He further said that O'Reilly turned down a 4 million, 2-year deal last weekend. I cannot see any way Sather doles out that kind of contract. I like him, but pass.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
MDZ, Boyle, Skjei and a 3rd for ROR and E Johnson.

We get a RH shot for the PP...

Hags-Step-Nash
Pyatt-Richards-Gabby
JT Miller-ROR-Callahan
Powe(?)-Halpern-Asham
Staal-E Johnson
McD-Strålman
X-Girardi

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Don Cherry was on the radio yesterday here in Canada and was begging R.O.R. to re-sign. He further said that O'Reilly turned down a 4 million, 2-year deal last weekend. I cannot see any way Sather doles out that kind of contract. I like him, but pass.

For the numbers he put up and this being a bridge contract, there is no way he should be getting this money. None.

James Neal got $2,250,000 + $3,500,000 (avg - $2,875,000) on his 2 year bridge. With better numbers.

Louie Ericsson - that had put up 63 resp 71 points - got $3,200,000 + $4,100,000 (average $3,650,000) on later years.

Jamie Benn got $4,500,000 + $5,000,000 Years 4 + 5 on his RFA years (avg - $4,750,000) . He is by far the superior player (worth at least a $1,3 M more per year).

Crazy unwarranted demands. Walk away if that is what the bridge deal is costing. But I do not think ANYBODY gives him $4M plus for the 1st 2 years on the RFA contract. Especially considering where we are this season in a lockout year and the cap going down so much next year. No?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
What does everyone think of MDZ and Miller for ROR and Barrie? Two solid roster players and 2 young guys with potential. Also both are losing a center and a defenseman.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
What does everyone think of MDZ and Miller for ROR and Barrie? Two solid roster players and 2 young guys with potential. Also both are losing a center and a defenseman.

I'd love that trade if ROR gets real in his contract demands. It hinges on if ROR is willing to take less from another team than Colorado.

EDIT: Read it as Boyle, not Miller for some reason. Like it a lot less with Miller.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Isn't EJ on the IR? He's listed to have a "head injury" and has been out since February 14th. Not to mention how would they fit ROR's $3-4 million and EJ's $3.75?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

I wouldn't move Miller. Boyle would be his replacement and then figure out what needs to be done on both sides to make it work.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I wouldn't move Miller. Boyle would be his replacement and then figure out what needs to be done on both sides to make it work.

I just don't understand how it makes sense to move Barrie if they're not getting Miller back. I don't know much about Barrie but it sounds like he's got potential to be a decent PMD. They'd be giving up ROR AND Barrie for only DZ and Boyle? Considering they need D, why would they give up a promising D if a guy like Miller isn't coming back?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I just don't understand how it makes sense to move Barrie if they're not getting Miller back. I don't know much about Barrie but it sounds like he's got potential to be a decent PMD. They'd be giving up ROR AND Barrie for only DZ and Boyle? Considering they need D, why would they give up a promising D if a guy like Miller isn't coming back?

Because MDZ is a proven PMD at 22. He has significant value.

They also don't really need a center back with Stastny and Duchene. Boyle helps their PK and defensive game as well as adding size and versatility to their bottom-6. Still has a year left.

Look at the Goligoski and Johnson deals:

Gogo for Neal + Niskanen

Johnson for Stewart + Shattenkirk

MDZ + Boyle for ROR + Barrie would be along those same lines.

Barrie has the potential to be what MDZ is. MDZ is that player already with room to grow.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

I've gotten the impression that's pretty much exactly what the last discussion between the teams involved. Miller a non-starter for the Rangers it seems.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Cody Nickolet ‏@WHLFromAbove
Elliotte Friedman says the Avs and Rangers never talked about Derek Stepan being part of a Ryan O'Reilly trade.

The Rangers are very high on Stepan. As they should be.

Cody Nickolet ‏@WHLFromAbove
Friedman also says that he wouldn't be shocked if the Avs approached the Florida Panthers about Ryan O'Reilly.

Panthers would make some sense if they didn't want to hold onto Weiss. Huberdeau is going to be a gem.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
I've gotten the impression that's pretty much exactly what the last discussion between the teams involved. Miller a non-starter for the Rangers it seems.

I agree. I've felt that way since Torts said something along the lines of "He's going to be a good player for us, just a matter of when." Torts doesn't usually give out praise like that, especially to a kid that's played less than 10 games, so I'm assuming he sees Miller as a nice part of our future.

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
I think the # he signs for will be much lower than one being tossed around. He just doesn't want to be in Colorado. Hasn't he said he won't even sign sign an offer sheet, probably because of the off chance the Avs match it.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
I think the # he signs for will be much lower than one being tossed around. He just doesn't want to be in Colorado. Hasn't he said he won't even sign sign an offer sheet, probably because of the off chance the Avs match it.

Bingo. I honestly don't think he expects 4+ million a year. He just wants out of Colorado. Whoever said it's a Turris-like situation was right on the money. Let's be honest, Sather, or any other GM to be honest, would not be interested in acquiring him if he truly wanted that contract.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Would love to see a source for that (not calling you out, just curious if that is true). If that's the case then it makes sense why he is turning down all of that money from the Avs.

It wouldn't surprise me if the bridge has been burned between him and Colorado by this point.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
When did Ryan O'Reilly become Mark Messier? He is a very good player but he isn't worth a top 6 forward and top 4 D. The Blues-Avs deal included a #1 going to the Avs. Duncan Siemens. The Blues won that deal based on how Shattenkirk has blossomed in St. Louis. Stewart has not done much. Johnson hasn't gotten much better in Colorado.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Attempting an objective argument on the main trade board is like grinding ones pelvic region inside of a very big meat grinder. Totally meaningless and painful...

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If we can get a guy with good PMD upside (which sounds like they have in Barrie) come with ROR for Boyle as the only addition to Del Zotto, I'll drive both guys to the airport.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
When did Ryan O'Reilly become Mark Messier? He is a very good player but he isn't worth a top 6 forward and top 4 D. The Blues-Avs deal included a #1 going to the Avs. Duncan Siemens. The Blues won that deal based on how Shattenkirk has blossomed in St. Louis. Stewart has not done much. Johnson hasn't gotten much better in Colorado.

At the time of the deal Stewart wasn't playing well for Colorado either.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If we can get a guy with good PMD upside (which sounds like they have in Barrie) come with ROR for Boyle as the only addition to Del Zotto, I'll drive both guys to the airport.

That is what I have been saying. It makes sense if they can get a future PMD in the deal if at all possible. Plus if ROR was brought in, that means someone has to sit or be dealt. Boyle makes 1.7. ROR replaces his PK time and face-off skills.

SupersonicMonkey*

Hags-Step-Nash
Pyatt-Richards-Gabby
JT Miller-ROR-Callahan
Powe(?)-Halpern-Asham
Staal-E Johnson
McD-Strålman
X-Girardi

Skjei would be off the table, IMO. Skjei is going to be VERY VERY good. No way Sather and Gorton move him.

And, IMO, the defenseman that would be coming back is Barrie.

Del Zotto + Boyle + 1 choice of St. Croix/Jean/Thomas
for
O'Reilly + Barrie

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-O'Reilly-Gaborik
Kreider-Richards-Callahan
Miller-Halpern-Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Barrie/Gilroy/Eminger/Bickel

IMO Barrie has the potential to be more of what we need in a transition attack on the blue line.

Last edited by a moderator:

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY

Hags-Step-Nash
Pyatt-Richards-Gabby
JT Miller-ROR-Callahan
Powe(?)-Halpern-Asham
Staal-E Johnson
McD-Strålman
X-Girardi

would love this but no way COL does this...

Erik is theyre pride and joy back there, remember who they gave up to get him?

Shattenkirk (career year so far in St louis) to St. Louis along with chris stewart.. COL feels like toronto with seguin/hamilton for kessel

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
Skjei would be off the table, IMO. Skjei is going to be VERY VERY good. No way Sather and Gorton move him.

And, IMO, the defenseman that would be coming back is Barrie.

Agree. I think he's going to be a stud. See him becoming McDonagh-lite at the worst.

Despite the number of guys that have come up, our cupboard still looks nice. McIlrath, Skjei, Fasth, and Lindberg will all be productive NHLers IMO. I don't want to trade any of these guys.

SupersonicMonkey*

Agree. I think he's going to be a stud. See him becoming McDonagh-lite at the worst.

Despite the number of guys that have come up, our cupboard still looks nice. McIlrath, Skjei, Fasth, and Lindberg will all be productive NHLers IMO. I don't want to trade any of these guys.

Skjei, McIlrath, Lindberg, Fast, Nieves

Those are the guys i believe will be good NHL players. Can't see any of them being moved by Gorton and Sather. These are the kind of players Gorton is really high on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad