Confirmed with Link: Trade Quick acquired from CBJ for Hutchinson and 2025 7th

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
This tells me they are worried either Thompson and/or Broissett will be out an extended amout of time including potentially into the playoffs.

Reactions: RapidKnight

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
A 2025 7th + Hutchins going the other way.

Well it certainly didn't cost much.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Thompson looked like he could be an NHL starter. Didn't show that he would be up for the Vezina anytime soon but a solid starter.

Hill has actually been good also. Especially if he has finally learned to just always make the easy play with the puck. Seriously, take out those flubs and he's been pretty close to Thompson based on the whole season's play.

Brossoit looked pretty revitalized in his three games with the team. He appeared to me to be better than at any point last season.

Quick is a name with a pedigree. I don't think he has anything left in the tank, maybe a game or two here or there, but hopefully he is just backup injury insurance. Or maybe he has a run in him, I don't know.

As long as two of Thompson/Hill/Brossoit can be healthy before the playoffs start, then I'm not so worried about the goaltending.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Welp, here we are. Something tells me he will be better than expected behind your defense and goal differential than he was during the regular season with the Kings. Please take care of Quick guys, wish both you and him the best, and I hope to all the hockey gods that we don't faceoff in the postseason.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Thompson looked like he could be an NHL starter. Didn't show that he would be up for the Vezina anytime soon but a solid starter.

Hill has actually been good also. Especially if he has finally learned to just always make the easy play with the puck. Seriously, take out those flubs and he's been pretty close to Thompson based on the whole season's play.

Brossoit looked pretty revitalized in his three games with the team. He appeared to me to be better than at any point last season.

Quick is a name with a pedigree. I don't think he has anything left in the tank, maybe a game or two here or there, but hopefully he is just backup injury insurance. Or maybe he has a run in him, I don't know.

As long as two of Thompson/Hill/Brossoit can be healthy before the playoffs start, then I'm not so worried about the goaltending.
Injuries aside, goaltending has not been a problem, if anything, it's a strength. Our problem is secondary scoring and lacking a top end sniper. Even against Carolina, we had a ton of grade-A scoring opportunities and required two dynamic Eichel goals to win,

Reactions: RapidKnight

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
You'll probably dislike him because he's no longer any good but I hope your organization treats him well. I'm rooting for him still, just not against the Kings. Although a 1-0 shootout win works for me all the same.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Was Hasek not available? Seriously though 4 goalies and one net to protect. This team's asset management is just crazy. Hutch is probably a better NHL goalie at this point. Then again who cares about a 7th?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Quick was the reason the Kings took Edmonton to 7 games in last year's playoffs, but I don't think he has much left in the tank.

I would have liked to have seen him traded three or four years ago to a contending team. I think he had one more cup run in him and winning a third cup would have cemented his place in the HOF.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
81363.jpg

85735.jpg

89288.jpg

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Quick is the most competitive players in all of hockey. I’m just gutted that he was traded like that, by all accounts LA’s front office really fumbled this. No, he’s not very good anymore, but there are good and bad ways to do things and this one was bad.

I hope he has one more run in him, and I hope he beats my Kings in the playoffs. Just a brutal, brutal move by Blake and Luc.

This is coming from someone who really hates your team, too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: hangman005

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Was Hasek not available? Seriously though 4 goalies and one net to protect. This team's asset management is just crazy. Hutch is probably a better NHL goalie at this point. Then again who cares about a 7th?
4 goalies? Vegas now has 2 healthy goalies, one of which is coming off injury and bern injured on/off.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00