Trade Proposals and Free Agency Thread - 2017 Edition Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Judging by Babcock's comments about Bozak and his usage of him last night we may want to look at potential 3C candidates

Bjugstad
Flippula (did not waive his NMC to come here)
K.Hayes
Jarnkrok
Tierney

I still think we look at Shipachyov. We were rumored to be interested in Dadonov and him in the summer. He is a really good hockey player, and is decent in his own zone. His contract is comparable to that of Bozak and only 2 years.
Bozak's partial no trade probably doesn't allow him to be traded to Vegas, but moving him could be a separate deal. There are enough teams that need C's.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I still think we look at Shipachyov. We were rumored to be interested in Dadonov and him in the summer. He is a really good hockey player, and is decent in his own zone. His contract is comparable to that of Bozak and only 2 years.
Bozak's partial no trade probably doesn't allow him to be traded to Vegas, but moving him could be a separate deal. There are enough teams that need C's.
From what I understand, Shipachyov is Bozak with less speed.
I'd much rather put Nylander to C and work in some of that winger depth we hear so much about.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
From what I understand, Shipachyov is Bozak with less speed.
I'd much rather put Nylander to C and work in some of that winger depth we hear so much about.

Shipachyov is A LOT more talented than Bozak.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
That's great. So far not for the NHL.
No offence, but he has played 3 games, and got seriously jerked around by Vegas, because he didn't require waivers. If you are judging 3 NHL games against his entire track record in the KHL and his international career with the Russian national team then I don't know what to say.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
This team is really going to regret not selling high on Bozak and JVR.

How has their value gone down since the offseason? Teams still need guys like them regardless of the time and they still have to pay essentially for a full season.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
How has their value gone down since the offseason? Teams still need guys like them regardless of the time and they still have to pay essentially for a full season.

It's not just contract length, it's also performance.

They could have probably gotten 2 2nds for Bozak during the draft. Now they'll probably get an offer of Mark Letestu or some other garbage.

Bozak has been utter garbage and is dragging down his whole line.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
No offence, but he has played 3 games, and got seriously jerked around by Vegas, because he didn't require waivers. If you are judging 3 NHL games against his entire track record in the KHL and his international career with the Russian national team then I don't know what to say.
No I'm judging 524 games played by Bozak in this league vs a guy who has played 3. It's great what he's done in other leagues. Just because he's great there doesn't make it so here. Maybe he is getting jerked around. But from Vegas fans He's 30 years old and through preseason and now his performance hasn't been there. But you have 500 NHL vs. 3 as an upgrade. I don't know what to say.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I wonder if Chiarelli could be duped into considering a JVR+Bozak+NHL ready prospect for RNH deal. Could be sold as a depth + cap clearing move.

Or just look at a change of scenery trade with Bozak for a centre who may also be struggling. Rutherford made similar deals the last two seasons for Hagelin and Daley. Possible candidates are Dubsinsky(salary retained), Bjugstad, Kevin Hayes, Sam Bennett.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Judging by Babcock's comments about Bozak and his usage of him last night we may want to look at potential 3C candidates

Bjugstad
K.Hayes
Jarnkrok
Tierney

I like Hayes the most out of that list.

I'm hesitant with Ship only because Bozak's line has sucked so much because of poor defensive play/possession the other way, and I think we need a C with an adequate cycle game to compliment Marner more.

Jarnkrok is probably going no where- good deal with a lot of upside + they got rid of Neal to protect him.

Bjugstad is a Tallon guy, which means he's probably going no where. Risky contract too. Wouldn't mind him but the risk on him is real with his play lately and that contract.

I think getting a strong C down the middle is as much of a necessity as a top 4 D right now. Even when Bozak's line wasn't slumping, they were horrible posession/play drivers going back to last year. If we want to be competitive, we can't afford that type of play anymore. Problem is, everyone in the league needs centers right now.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I would consider trading Bozak straight up for futures and picks and prospects at this point because he doesn't help the present team one bit, and we could use the future assets to keep the machine going. But JVR and Bozak for RNH would be kind of interesting too.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I would consider trading Bozak straight up for futures and picks and prospects at this point because he doesn't help the present team one bit, and we could use the future assets to keep the machine going. But JVR and Bozak for RNH would be kind of interesting too.
I would say the Rangers might be in buy mode for Bozak or a C very shortly.
Then we can either see what Aaltonen has or Willy to C.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I still feel Duchene would be the perfect C for this team. His contract expires just as Marners and Matthews will kick in. Avs would want Lily though and there’s no way I’d give him up.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I still feel Duchene would be the perfect C for this team. His contract expires just as Marners and Matthews will kick in. Avs would want Lily though and there’s no way I’d give him up.

He's not really a center either. He should be a winger, and we don't need any more scorers. We need guys who can still do things offensively, but help us our defensively.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Where are getting taveras money from? I’d Mitch rather the big 3 than the big 2 and taveras on $8m+ for 7 years at 28 years old. We can’t afford 4 forwards at $7m +

JT is a longshot at best. The big 3 are not getting $26M. Marner is certainly nowhere near getting $6M. With JVR, Bozak, Leo, Martin, Moore, Fehr coming off the books. they can make room for JT if they think he is part of the solution.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
JT is a longshot at best. The big 3 are not getting $26M. Marner is certainly nowhere near getting $6M. With JVR, Bozak, Leo, Martin, Moore, Fehr coming off the books. they can make room for JT if they think he is part of the solution.

You'd be very hard pressed to find a contract comparison to Marner that has him getting less than 6 million. 10 rough games this season doesn't erase what happened last year.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Bjugstad
K.Hayes
Jarnkrok
Tierney

Was calling for a significant upgrade on Bozak and keeping JVR last week. The ones you listed don't excite me although Bjugstad could be interesting. If they are serious about making a run they need to go hunting for a bigger game C.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
You'd be very hard pressed to find a contract comparison to Marner that has him getting less than 6 million. 10 rough games this season doesn't erase what happened last year.

Hope you are right cause Mitch's play is concerning me to the point where we might have to start calling them the big 2 1/2.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Was calling for a significant upgrade on Bozak and keeping JVR last week. The ones you listed don't excite me although Bjugstad could be interesting. If they are serious about making a run they need to go hunting for a bigger game C.
I still maintain moving both of them but keeping Bozak until we have an adequate game plan.
Either we've acquire a 3C.
We move Nylander to C.
We see how Aaltonen can do before we move Bozak.
We can't afford a center injury at the moment. Wingers we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad