Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
No more *****footing around teams like CBJ's or most of the bigger teams than the Habs (pretty much all NHL teams). Character teammates, all playing their strength's will help create more scoring as the games wear on, without wearing out our star players. The Habs certainly became tougher to play, due to their TDL acquisitions this year.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think Bergevin's moves this year were all good moves. Nothing major or of impact (other than Caps with Shattenkirk and Wild with Hanzal, nobody did anything of note aside from addressing depth). And we can all agree some of our more pressing needs weren't addressed (scoring and center). But I like the players he got.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
A name change doesn't change your posting style and disgusting defence of this useless throwaway dumpster fire GM. I can't believe I am on here and the usual suspects are parading around saying we did good because no one made as many trades as we did. We go out of our way to clear cap space to pick up 13th forwards and 7th dmen. :handclap:
Guess we have a super duper stellar GM with more foresight than everyone else. Let me know when Molson sells the team, might even start to watch more than one out of 3 games again. Its on MOLSON not MB at this point. I hope we are out in the first round so a 6th summer won't pass with us being told getting UFAs is hard...and the playstation comments...good grief you do know he was ridiculed because we HAVE SEEN lots of good players traded, just not us, at least not smart moves.

I'm saying. Is there a GM out there that makes as many deals for 3rd paring/3/4th line forwards?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
So you really just don't like the Ott pick up.

King is a better pick up than Stafford. If your upset over 6th for Ott so be it. a 6th would amount to nothing and Ott brings FO and toughness that CJ wants on the team.

Adding Stafford wouldn't have done anything for this team.

Ott is at near Tommy K levels of punching bagness. I was told he was only a backup 13th depth guy anyway, so is he going to fight the Boston fans from the pressbox? He is hated and when he does see the ice he is a target for the refs. This is just like Gally and Shaw all over again...only he provides nothing positive outside of the faceoff dot at this point in his career. Does the pick matter, no because who cares we don't need pick to actually find talent we can always just keep trading picks for waiver material throw aways at trade deadline.

How is John Scott doing these days. We only threw away a former first rounder for him, which is bad, but worse because we didnt even use him. If we had traded tinner sooner or you know DEVELOPED him we could have seen some good asset management. MB is at Mike Milbury levels of incompetence.

Go Habs Go

May 23, 2002
Mississauga
www.fanhome.com
I don't care about what other teams did today. I care about what my team did to fill the holes that have existed for 5+ years.

Stop talking about other teams. It doesn't matter what they did or didn't do. Talk about what we did (or rather, didn't do). Talk about how this team is going to score 2-3 goals per game in the playoffs when only 4 forwards have scored any goals in a month.

As for your first comment, I don't even know where to begin. Re-signing those plugs was such a stupid move and was praised by all the Bergevin fanboys on this forum as a genius move. Those who said it was stupid because they were easily replaceable and not that good to begin with were laughed at. Now we replace them and it's seen as some super genius move by the same fanboys.

I look forward to the "OH YEAH BIG HIT BY KING :yo::yo::yo:" posts as we go on to lose a game 2-0.

It is important to compare with other teams. In order to understand MBs actions, we also need to know what the market is like and that is a reflection of what other teams are doing.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I'm saying. Is there a GM out there that makes as many deals for 3rd paring/3/4th line forwards?

I'm fairly mad myself about the no help on the top 6, but I must say I'm kinda relieved we kept our draft picks. This team doesn't have a great farm system, which could've been partly addressed had Bergevin not traded 2 second rounders for Shaw this summer and a few more the years prior. Before we can consider making a run, we need to have a lot more well regarded prospects so that the tradeoff doesn't mean we have no future. MB has been good at trading so far, not perfect but still, I like what he's brought overall, his major flaw has been his inability in building up a strong prospect pool and that's what gonna prevent us from taking the next step.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I think Bergevin's moves this year were all good moves. Nothing major or of impact (other than Caps with Shattenkirk and Wild with Hanzal, nobody did anything of note aside from addressing depth). And we can all agree some of our more pressing needs weren't addressed (scoring and center). But I like the players he got.

Same........we kept our picks and lets play this out and hope that Julien can get the best of what we got...........hopefully with a few surprises along the way.

GO HABS GO!..............I can hardly wait for the playoffs.:popcorn:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I don't care about what other teams did today. I care about what my team did to fill the holes that have existed for 5+ years.

Stop talking about other teams. It doesn't matter what they did or didn't do. Talk about what we did (or rather, didn't do). Talk about how this team is going to score 2-3 goals per game in the playoffs when only 4 forwards have scored any goals in a month.

As for your first comment, I don't even know where to begin. Re-signing those plugs was such a stupid move and was praised by all the Bergevin fanboys on this forum as a genius move. Those who said it was stupid because they were easily replaceable and not that good to begin with were laughed at. Now we replace them and it's seen as some super genius move by the same fanboys.

I look forward to the "OH YEAH BIG HIT BY KING :yo::yo::yo:" posts as we go on to lose a game 2-0.

Great post, I'm surprised after 5 years of this that some people still drink the coolaid. Feels like we're in Leaf land.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Screw the GM and the lack of top 6 player, we won't get one this year. We can't help but hope that Price keeps up being Price like he's been lately and that Patches keeps playing with that fire. We've been to the Semis with a worse roster and a worse coach, two times in the last decade at that. We'll do it again. We'll go even further this time.

Or one can hope, at least. There's nothing else to do now.

Go Habs Go!

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Like the Lord, he shaped the team in his own image. Seriously though even Vanek was put on the forth line, so YES. Radulov is the exception to the rule, not the definition of it.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
A little OT, but to those comparing the current Habs to the Bruins cup win, it's not even close guys. The Bruins top 9 was Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Marchand, Recchi, Peverley, Kelly and Ryder. They had so much depth that they had two 40-50 point players in Ryder and Peverley on their 3rd line. There is no comparison. The Bruins team was deep.

Indeed, a great mix of acquisitions and draft picks.

But apparently, you can't add talent, only bottom 6ers, and anyways, it's only at the expense of the draft :sarcasm:

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
With having kept all our picks do we now have the means to really jump up in the draft this summer? Like to see Bergervin go all in for the #1 pick. It's not a generational player but a very solid player in Nolan Patrick. This would be the time to use those picks and a young prospect and overpay if we have to.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I believe we need a top 6 C,but I like where this team is heading with Julien. There seems to be a structure taking shape at both ends of the ice, a structure that no matter who's on the ice can benefit the team. Julien has touched on many points that I think are big issues with the way this team plays, and I already see things that truly lacked under Therrien. I want to see a team that supports each other all over the ice, wins battles along the boards, hold on to the puck to make better decisions, wear down the opposition with speed and physicality. I think we have a better mix than we had 24h ago.

Secondary scoring will be critical for the habs to make the playoffs, and to actually go on a run.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Well I guess it's time to make some history then? :sarcasm:

I like what Bergevin did this TD, but I don't think the team will win the cup. There's a hole at #2D and at top-6 centre. However, I really don't think we could have patched those holes this deadline or earlier this season. The way that I see it, the team is not a cup contender, but is trending upwards and could make some noise in the playoffs. Maybe we get lucky? That's what it will take.

We're one of the teams that get booted out of the first round or barely lucksack into the second and then get booted convincingly because just like those past teams, we have severe deficiencies in one or more elements of their game, be it defense, offense, or goalie. In our case, scoring is colossally major problem. The East is far too stiff in terms of competition for severely flawed teams like the Habs to make it. There will be times when the quality of the opponent is about even in terms of eliteness like Chicago vs LA in 2013-2014 and in those cases, the scoring talent kept LA in it and won it.

No goalie goes over a .940 save percentage and even when Price was in god mode for two seasons straight, other teams still mananged to score 3+ at times because of our putrid defense.

The Capitals are more likely to make history than us because they've added the necessary pieces to slay their kryptonite rivals in the Penguins with guys like Shattenkirk and Eller.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Vanek was put on the 4th because he sucked and was a liability.

Vanek was put on the forth because of a stubborn jackass coach who doesn't know how to use talented players and finally got fired 4 years later.

Funny no one had issues with Vanek in the run up to the playoffs, all the ooh and ahhhs. Yet revisionist history is he sucked. Yeah when you got a moron coach who tells you not to play the style that made you a successful player. :shakehead

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Okay then you need to add Marchand, Lucic, Horton, Peverley, Recchi and Ryder

Tell me who you take on our team over them.
That Boston team beat us with that talent in game 7 over time and had the incredible luck of having Ryder actually blocking the Hab game winning goal or they would of been bounced. We were also injured through the lineup.

Now look at how the Habs have won their Cups through the years and we were a team built on defense and goal tending. We have had only a few top centers through our history as a dynasty. But we are the tops in the league at HOF goal tenders and defense men. One reason I did not want to see Sergachev get traded for someone like Duchene. We would of had more Cups already won if we had kept guys like Chelios, Desjardin, Schneider but we got away from building our defense core in the 90s when we traded away all our talent. Markov was the first decent Dman to help bring back some semblance of skill on our blue line. It looked like we were going to have another good core finally when Subban and McDonagh were going to share the past history of good defense core then Gainey went ahead and hosed that with the trade of Ryan.

Jul 6, 2016
That Boston team beat us with that talent in game 7 over time and had the incredible luck of having Ryder actually blocking the Hab game winning goal or they would of been bounced. We were also injured through the lineup.

Now look at how the Habs have won their Cups through the years and we were a team built on defense and goal tending. We have had only a few top centers through our history as a dynasty. But we are the tops in the league at HOF goal tenders and defense men. One reason I did not want to see Sergachev get traded for someone like Duchene. We would of had more Cups already won if we had kept guys like Chelios, Desjardin, Schneider but we got away from building our defense core in the 90s when we traded away all our talent. Markov was the first decent Dman to help bring back some semblance of skill on our blue line. It looked like we were going to have another good core finally when Subban and McDonagh were going to share the past history of good defense core then Gainey went ahead and hosed that with the trade of Ryan.

Not much people knew that Ryan McDonagh would be that good. He was not progressing much in his third season in College.

It's not like Subban for Weber
or
Ribeiro for Niinimaa...

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Not much people knew that Ryan McDonagh would be that good. He was not progressing much in his third season in College.

It's not like Subban for Weber
or
Ribeiro for Niinimaa...
Subban for Weber is an equal trade. Ribs for Yanne was terribad.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
With having kept all our picks do we now have the means to really jump up in the draft this summer? Like to see Bergervin go all in for the #1 pick. It's not a generational player but a very solid player in Nolan Patrick. This would be the time to use those picks and a young prospect and overpay if we have to.

Seriously:shakehead

Last thing we need is more plugs. Use the picks to trade for a top 6 forward or top center.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Indeed, a great mix of acquisitions and draft picks.

But apparently, you can't add talent, only bottom 6ers, and anyways, it's only at the expense of the draft :sarcasm:
Yup, crazy to think that Horton, Ryder, Peverley, Kelly and Recchi were all acquired through trades and signings, 5 players in their top 9. Then they had the home grown talent of Krejci, Lucic, Marchand and Bergeron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00