Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Thomas Vanek: Made an ass out of himself at the Olympics, selfish player who wants too much money.

Matt Moulson: Could be a solution to replace Gionta but i would not give any assets for him. UFA or bust.

Ryan Kesler: Kesler is breaking down and only 1 year left on his deal, pass.

Ryan Callahan: Too expensive, captain America is full of himself with these ridiculous salary demands.

Ales Hemsky: NONONONONONONONONO. Sucked for years on a loser team.

Brad Boyes: lol?

Alex Edler & Christian Ehrhoff: Keep Markov....

Drew Stafford: I might take a flyer on him if they take Bourque.

Paul Stastny: Id like him but i dont see Roy trading him to MTL. Offer him a contract when the UFA market opens.

Chris Stewart: I like him but you have to wonder why the Blues tossed him aside. Is he a problem in the locker room? Lazy?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Asking if Chris Stewart is lazy is kinda like asking if Alexei Kovalev could have accomplished more in his career had he applied himself

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Nobody is talking Gaborik, i think his firepower would be welcome on a team that has too many pea shooters. He has his shortcomings and injury history though.

They want a 1st, prospect and roster player for him from what I remember. It's too steep to take the risk on a UFA for me.

Maybe not others, but I would shy away from a deal for Gaborik

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Nobody is talking Gaborik, i think his firepower would be welcome on a team that has too many pea shooters. He has his shortcomings and injury history though.

Trade for him, sign him like 3 or 4 years waiting for one of our young guys to develop and call it a day.

Columbus would not ask much IMO.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Thomas Vanek: Made an ass out of himself at the Olympics, selfish player who wants too much money.

Matt Moulson: Could be a solution to replace Gionta but i would not give any assets for him. UFA or bust.

Ryan Callahan: Too expensive, captain America is full of himself with these ridiculous salary demands.

Paul Stastny: Id like him but i dont see Roy trading him to MTL. Offer him a contract when the UFA market opens.

Chris Stewart: I like him but you have to wonder why the Blues tossed him aside. Is he a problem in the locker room? Lazy?

Stewart is Patch if Patch didn't care.

Good skills, good shot, doesn't like to get his nose dirty and doesn't play defence. If you tell him that he'll pummel you to no end though.

In the end he's a big right winger who can take on some heavyweights, so when you put him in you line-up you don't really need the Parros of this world, wich is great. I'd take a flyer on him as the package is amazing but the passion is questionnable.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
We should be trading for assets, not for rentals. If we win this year it will be through good luck, not an UFA. We need draft picks and players with term on their contract that can help us over the next few years.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Stewart is Patch if Patch he didn't care.

Good skills, good shot, doesn't like to get his nose dirty and doesn't play defence. If you tell him that he'll pummel you to no end though.

In the end he's a big right winger who can take on some heavyweights, so when you put him in you line-up you don't really need the Parros of this world, wich is great. I'd take a flyer on him as the package is amazing but the passion is questionnable.

The thing is he is proven, when he was in Colorado he played like he cared and was really good. He is a low risk/high reward type of player. If he can find his Colorado form we got a PWF for a low cost. I mean look at the JVR trade.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
The thing is he is proven, when he was in Colorado he played like he cared and was really good. He is a low risk/high reward type of player. If he can find his Colorado form we got a PWF for a low cost. I mean look at the JVR trade.

Why not just spend all our magical fairy dust on getting bourque to play like he used to?

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010

Nobody is proven in this league, even as a Blues he had good seasons. But he's got the "don't care" attitude, Blues fans hated him, they hated a big right winger who could drop the mitts against most guys, a big winger who has been a 30 goals scorer in the past. It should make use carefull about him, but the package is so interesting.

He's not really a PWF though, he plays a finesse game.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
He's not perfect but Stewart would likely work well on our team. So long as the cost isn't ridiculous, I'd trade for him. No interest in moving Eller for him.

Habstract

Feb 23, 2009
North Vancouver

You expect us not to give any "assets" for a player like Moulson because he is UFA but we expect to get a first pick and a decent prospect for Markov ? :shakehead

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Stewart is Patch if Patch didn't care.

This seems a good outlook on him. Can Habs handle his inconsistency as well as we have AK and Bourque ? Hmm. Maybe not fair to say that as the guy still gets his 20 plus goals .He is UFA after next season. Think I would give him a shot depending on price though, at least we hopefully wouldn't fill a spot with an enforcer.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I don't get why we wouldn't go after Moulson. He is exactly what this team needs and the asking price would probably be minimal. Plus he didn't "Vanek" himself and say that he would only play for one team. Give him 5 mill a year and we become a better team.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011

Gaborik falls in the rental column. If the price is right and MB can sign him past this season, it might be doable, but I doubt that'll be the case.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
You expect us not to give any "assets" for a player like Moulson because he is UFA but we expect to get a first pick and a decent prospect for Markov ? :shakehead

Moulson isn't going to help us win the Cup this year so paying up for him makes no sense. Any team wanting Markov now is a team going for a Cup and therefore willing to pay up.

Habstract

Feb 23, 2009
North Vancouver
Moulson isn't going to help us win the Cup this year so paying up for him makes no sense. Any team wanting Markov now is a team going for a Cup and therefore willing to pay up.

Montreal is 8th in the league right now, do you think they are going to start tanking because fans don't believe we will win the cup?! Not going to happen.

Moulson would probably be one of the guy I would like the Habs spend money on in the summer if he's still available. Not a flashy pick like Vanek but IMO way more effective. Natural scorer with great "character" :nod:

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Montreal is 8th in the league right now, do you think they are going to start tanking because fans don't believe we will win the cup?! Not going to happen.

Moulson would probably be one of the guy I would like the Habs spend money on in the summer if he's still available. Not a flashy pick like Vanek but IMO way more effective. Natural scorer with great "character" :nod:

He really is, and I feel like he would cost less and be so effective with Pleks and Galchenyuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad