Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I know it's only Dreger but ...

I don't have an issue with him asking a lot, that's what he should be doing.

It's the other part -- how Bergevin is not sold on having to move him just yet. What is he waiting for?

Dreger Updates Hoffman And Pacioretty Trade Situations

A good return. The point made is that he's in no rush to get rid of him and he won't move him for the sake of moving him. People read too much apocalypse in everything that is said...

I never read that as he wants to keep him...

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

It's the other part -- how Bergevin is not sold on having to move him just yet. What is he waiting for?

Maybe and I say this with every ounce of my being. Maybe he might have been spayed or neutered. Fingers and other extremities crossed.

Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
A good return. The point made is that he's in no rush to get rid of him and he won't move him for the sake of moving him. People read too much apocalypse in everything that is said...

Could seriously overplay his hand in the process.

At pacioretty's age, if he continues as is this season, that cap hit and his previous goal totals won't be enough to keep his value high.

Could sink like a ton of bricks if we don't move him this year, and the longer he waits, the more teams that will no longer be willing to bank on gambling to make playoffs (oilers come to mind).

His value is highly unlikely to increase over time.

Zero faith that MB will make a good decision on this one.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I read it as implying that the team is still in it (as we've seen the Habs maintain repeatedly) and thus doesn't want to move a key asset that could compromise that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Blues don't have their first round pick.

They're not likely to have their 2018 first round pick, but in that case, they'd still have their 2019 first rounder:

Traded • Brayden Schenn to Blues for • Jori Lehtera • 2017 first round pick (#27-Morgan Frost) • 2018 conditional first round pick (Blues have option to defer pick to 2019 if pick is in top 10) (?-?) • 2020 third round pick (conditional if first round pick in this trade is deferred to 2019) on 2017-06-23

St. Louis Blues Future Draft Pick Status

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

The bottom line is that Habs fans have every right to be nervous with MB at the helm.

Will he keep Max? Will he trade him for a vet like Letang? Will he trade him for a defensive minded player?

Reactions: Runner77

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Maybe but Weber has much more value than we think and Klingberg is heavily criticized in Dallas. I thought of him to send salary back to Montreal.

The deal for Patches is certainly not bad for the Rangers.

The Columbus deals...maybe, probably. Just hoping that Benn and Alzner can be taken off our hands. Both Savard and Dubinsky have been in goatee's downhouse this year and are very well paid.

Dallas is in love with Klingberg plus he's playing his best hockey this season and his contract is one of the best in the league.

Chytil + 1st at best, that what we could get from the Rangers, imo and even that it's a lot.

But we never know GMs are dumb sometimes.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Dallas is in love with Klingberg plus he's playing his best hockey this season and his contract is one of the best in the league.

Chytil + 1st at best, that what we could get from the Rangers, imo and even that it's a lot.

Rangers traded Callahan a 1st and a 2nd for St. Louis who was in his late 30’s and said he’d only play for Rangers. Surely they’ll be more giving for a local boy who’s younger cheaper and the goal scripted they need to replace Nash. One can only hope!

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario

You're right about Klingberg. I was basing it on my buddy's assessment - a Stars fan whose always hated Klingberg. My bad.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Although this season is in the crapper, I wouldn't go full tilt on the rebuild. I'd be willing to try a retool. Between now and Trade deadline day I would play Niemi to showcase him. It looks like some of his game has returned. If Hemsky returns in time to showcase him, he obviously goes too. Even if it's just to pick up 5th, 6th or 7th rd picks for those two. Bring up Lindgren after the trade deadline.

So I would put Patches, Pleks, Niemi, Alzner and Hemsky up for trade. Top priority would be to get a #1 center. If I would need to add to the Patches deal to make it happen well then I would consider trading something other than those 5. But it depends on the return.

If we win the lottery then Benn & Petry are traded and I'll start the season with:

Dahlin Weber
Jerabek Juulsen
Mete Schlemko
Morrow

If we don't win the lottery I would try within reason to trade for the #1 pick. If that fails then we go to the UFAs. I know Carlson plays on the right but if we sign him that makes Petry and Benn expendable.

Jerabek Weber
Mete Carlson
Schlemko Juulsen
Morrow

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
I think Vegas might be a good trading partner for Pacioretty... something around Cody Glass + Nicolas Hague or Cody Glass + 2018 1st?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I won’t use specific names in the trades I’m proposing but rather an idea of what we should be getting. This way I hope to avoid the “no way they trade that” etc and focus on the idea of what we should be trying to accomplish for a quick turnaround retool.

- Patches for a young stud centre and a 1st
- Plex for a late 1st or early 2nd and a b level prospect.
- Schlemko for a 4th
- Byron for a 2nd. If we can’t get that I’d keep him.
- Trade a b level forward prospect and a 2nd or two for a LPMD for Weber depending on who we draft (Dahlin). Petry but on LD.
- Alzner for whatever we can get. Experiment over, it didn’t work here.
- Sign Tavares to a 7 year $10.5M or another lower lever centre as. Stop gap until we can develop or trade for another. Poehling, Evans, Ikonen etc.

Lehkonen Tavares Drouin
Chucky Center (Patches trade) Gally/Scherbak
Tkachuk/Zadina/Hudon Danault Shaw/Svechnikov
4th line combos are whatever pieces we have

LHPMD/Dahlin Weber
Mete Petry
Jerebek Benn
Lernout

With all the other picks we got we build the farm back up or use to fill gaps in the lineup. Outside of a pick that fell dramatically to us, I’d pick nothing but centres and D.

That’s a pretty good idea of what I think we should this offseason. Even though it won’t come out exactly as so I.e Tavares signing, we have enough good pieces and cap to trade or sign another good centre in the meantime while we develop the good prospects we have and will acquire in the meantime. We’ll at least be a lot more fun and competitive then the current roster.

Reactions: Dannyhab

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think the two best fits are St. Louis and Rangers.

- The Blues have both Scwartz and Fabbri on LTIR. Both are LWs. Their most productive LW right now is Sobotka at 21 points in 44 games. Their other options are Berglund (7 point in 20 games), Upshall (15 points in 44 games), and Jaskin (12 points in 40 games). They need an LW that can play with either Schenn or Stastny.

For Montreal, St. Louis has some good young prospects they can ask in return. We just watched Robert Thomas and Jordan Kyrou help carry Team Canada to the gold medal at the WJC. The Blues gave up a 2018 1st for Schenn, and them being in a win-now mode, it's a good guess they'd be willing to part ways with their 2019 first if it helps them add to their. Now I don't expect them to give up all three of those assets, but I'd be trying to.

- The Rangers just lost Kreider indefinitely after they discovered he had blood clots in his shoulder. And to add to that, he had to undergo surgery to have a rib removed. They don't know when he'll be back and that opens up a spot on the LW for them to acquire Max. They're in a playoff spot and they'd want to add someone to help them make a serious push. There is the thinking that they can reunite him with DD as Max scored 39 goals one year and 37 the other playing alongside him. They'd surely look to bring that chemistry to NYR. There is also the whole local kid who grew up a Rangers fan storyline.

The most popular option with them is Chytil and a 1st. Lias Andersson would be a better option, however very doubtful Rangers would give up a Top-10 pick. So Chytil is the more logical target.

These are the two best options I see. There are surely others that can be interesting trading partners.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hmm I think we're stuck with our experiment. *whatever we would have to give for a team to take him and his contract

Even if we keep him for a year or two until we can trade him, he can play on the bottom pairing. All our young D are in the right except for Mete so it’s not the end of the world. Maybe we eat $700k to make it more tolerable to another team. He has value, just not at his current salary, necessarily.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
STL needs a goal score, we need youth.....good fit

NYR has needs, loves to make deals, maybe

PITT , sprong?? not sure if pitt would do that.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Shea Theodore and Cody glass for pac and a 2nd

Maybe if it were Shea Theodore and Cody Glass for Pacioretty and our (non-lottery protected) 1st rounder this year. Otherwise, I don't see the point of an expansion team giving away two great youngsters for a veteran at the tail end of his prime...

Even then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad