Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Jan 13 vs BOS
Jan 17 @ BOS
Jan 20 vs BOS
Jan 21: sell

I 100% agree. I feel like, by the all Star break, we should well out of a playoff spot and should sell anything that is UFA and consider moving some other pieces.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Keep everyone 24 and under, trade everyone over. EVERYBODY

And yes I"m including Weber and Price in that category. Time to blow this up and rebuild.

everybody-strap-in-im-about-to-push-some-buttons.jpg

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Sell, baby!! 2 or 3 season retool.

Must sells, now: Pleks, Max

Weber: I'd love to see him traded for a good prospect, pick. I don't think he'll have much game left in 3 seasons.

rest of d-corps: The Expendables, minus Stallone. Shop 'em all.

Price: I doubt they'll trade him. He can pull them out of the retool in 2 or 3 years - prevent the team from perpetual suckitude. Still, that cap hit, and his ability to limit the Tank ... you'd have to listen to offers.

Reactions: HockeyFan87

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
Its actually make sense from MB pov to trade this year 1st pick for immediat help this summer.Even add something to the pick to get a good player under 25.

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Sell, baby!! 2 or 3 season retool.

Must sells, now: Pleks, Max

Weber: I'd love to see him traded for a good prospect, pick. I don't think he'll have much game left in 3 seasons.

rest of d-corps: The Expendables, minus Stallone. Shop 'em all.

Price: I doubt they'll trade him. He can pull them out of the retool in 2 or 3 years - prevent the team from perpetual suckitude. Still, that cap hit, and his ability to limit the Tank ... you'd have to listen to offers.

If you trade Weber, you better get a kings ransom. At the mininum a young center and D who both project into impact players and a first round pick.

I agree though, Plekanec, Pacioretty, Alzner, Shaw... I'd let them go and I'm sure someone's willing to part with future pieces for them. Pacioretty especially.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Its actually make sense from MB pov to trade this year 1st pick from immediat help this summer.Even add something to the pick to get a good player under 25.

No, it never makes sense to trade a top 5 pick unless its is a weak draft year. This year's draft is very strong, we need depth in all positions, we do not need another Drouin who will fail here because we have no talent to work with.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
If you trade Weber, you better get a kings ransom. At the mininum a young center and D who both project into impact players and a first round pick.

That would be nice, but seems a bit high - 3 big pieces.

They have to shop him now and decide whether the return is worth it based on how valuable he'll be in 3 seasons - when they plan on being competitive again.

If they wait too long, get too greedy, value him based on Subban, worry about optics of trading him ... it will be a mistake. He's past his prime and expensive.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Hypotheticals but hopefully the values are in the ballpark...

Patches to Rangers - Chytl, 1st rounder, DeAngelo
Plekanec to Blues - late first rounder
Weber to Stars - Klingberg, Faksa, 1st rounder
Shaw and Benn and a 2nd rounder to Columbus - David Savard
Alzner, Byron and McCarron to Columbus - Dubinsky
Schlemko - anywhere for a 4th rounder

So basically, the team has 4 first round picks in the upcoming draft and a couple of second rounders.

Lineup for next year

Drouin - Dubinsky - Galchenyuk
Leknonen - Faksa - Gallaguer
Hudon - Danault - Carr
Deslauriers - JDLR - Scherbak
Chytl ready to step in...

Klingberg - Savard
Petry - Mete
DeAngelo - Jerabek
Juulsen

Stronger down the middle and on defense with tons of prospects drafted. The trades may not be all that realistic as far as the players but we can see that even if it's called a rebuild, the team isn't necessarily much worse...

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Keep everyone 24 and under, trade everyone over. EVERYBODY

And yes I"m including Weber and Price in that category. Time to blow this up and rebuild.

everybody-strap-in-im-about-to-push-some-buttons.jpg

You know that, on the current lineup, it only leaves Galchenyuk, Danault, DLR, Drouin, Morrow, Hudon and Lehkonen? (+ Lindgren, Mete, Lernout, Scherback and Big Mac)

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

Those trades are all putrid for the other teams.

Especially this one: Weber to Stars - Klingberg, Faksa, 1st rounder

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Those trades are all putrid for the other teams.

Especially this one: Weber to Stars - Klingberg, Faksa, 1st rounder

Maybe but Weber has much more value than we think and Klingberg is heavily criticized in Dallas. I thought of him to send salary back to Montreal.

The deal for Patches is certainly not bad for the Rangers.

The Columbus deals...maybe, probably. Just hoping that Benn and Alzner can be taken off our hands. Both Savard and Dubinsky have been in goatee's downhouse this year and are very well paid.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB

So basically, the team has 4 first round picks in the upcoming draft and a couple of second rounders.

Lineup for next year

Drouin - Dubinsky - Galchenyuk
Leknonen - Faksa - Gallaguer
Hudon - Danault - Carr
Deslauriers - JDLR - Scherbak
Chytl ready to step in...

Klingberg - Savard
Petry - Mete
DeAngelo - Jerabek
Juulsen

Stronger down the middle and on defense with tons of prospects drafted. The trades may not be all that realistic as far as the players but we can see that even if it's called a rebuild, the team isn't necessarily much worse...

EA SPORTS ITS IN THE GAME

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know it's only Dreger but ...

“But beyond that, there’s just a lot of speculation out there. What’s Montreal going to do. Well, in the moment, Marc Bergevin is focused on what’s going on in Buffalo at the world juniors. And the Max Pacioretty speculation is going to continue. I’m told that he’s asking for a ton for Pacioretty, and he’s not sold on the fact that he needs to move him just yet.

“So again, we’re in a precarious part of the year because teams are still trying to figure out what they’ve got and where they should be positioned in the standings.”

I don't have an issue with him asking a lot, that's what he should be doing.

It's the other part -- how Bergevin is not sold on having to move him just yet. What is he waiting for?

Dreger Updates Hoffman And Pacioretty Trade Situations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad