Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread-Solution in the locker room edition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
Price is not going anywhere, the cost and age is why. If he is moved it is to a club with cup aspirations/contenders, has enough depth (roster or otherwise) for a feasible trade and cap space. Vancouver has cap space but they're not anywhere close to a cup at this point in time, they’re barely a .500 club lol.

I haven’t looked at cap space but Ottawa & Islanders would be destinations as they are doing well while getting subpar goaltending. And no we’re not getting JT, get that out of your head…IT AIN’T GONNA HAPPEN

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
MB wake up you fool, move patches for a couple of young pieces, it is time to move him now..

I am sick of watching the C on this sweater

Reactions: BxR

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think special teams are the biggest problem this year.

I don't know if you go outside to find a PKer, or if you just keep building.

If I was going to rebuild I would start with Petry. He's been awful this year. Trade him for a 2nd from New Jersey. Acquire Demers for Fucale and Mc Carron.

I would then trade Pacioretty for Chytil and the Rangers 1st, reuniting Pacman with his old buddy. I drop Benn and Davidson for the draft picks sacrificed for Ott and King. Mitchell too.

New lineup:

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Gallagher
Chytil-Plekanec-Lehkonen
(Chytil gets to learn from the wily vet)
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-DeLaRose-Sherbak
Deslauriers

Mete-Weber
Alzner-Demers
Schlemko-Jerabek

The young guys get chances to contribute, and develop. And help secure a top 10 pick. Juulsen or Lernout get a chance to hone their skills in the A, but provide viable solutions for penalty killing defensemen, potentially.

Bergevin or his replacement has an extra 1st Rd pick to acquire a #2 centre like Henrique at the draft, who would fit in nice between Hudon and Sherbak, and make a true 4 line team, while having a slate of draft picks to stock the shelves.

Add a good physical RH RW to compete with Sherbak, and a depth RH centre, and this is suddenly a young team up and coming team, with a different leadership group.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
If we're trading Max, a good Center has to be coming back

IF you're trading Max, you're embracing a rebuild. Getting a great young D prospect, a good C prospect and a warm body at center is more than you can hope for.

No way the Canes accept that one.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
To Calgary
Pacioretty
Shaw
Alzner

To Mtl
Bennett
Ferland
Stone
Brouwer

calgary gets scoring winger, cheaper more effective version of Brouwer in Shaw, more expensive version of 3rd pairing dman stone but a calgary native/hitmen grad in Alzner.

Habs bank on Bennett being able to bounce back and realize some of untapped potential... Stone/Brouwer vs Shaw/Alzner works out to a wash. Ferland balances out proven Patches vs potential Bennett

--------------------------

To Fla
Weber
McCarron

To Mtl
Huberdeau
Bjugstad
Petrovic

banking on Tallon's mo valuing Weber immensely. Panthers top pairing veteran dman to take pressure off of Ekblad & potential great balance to Yandle. Habs take massive downgrade on D but add great young franco talent in Huberdeau. Bjugstad helps balance salaries and habs take a flyer on him being a late bloomer.
--------------------------

Huberdeau - Drouin - Galch
Byron - Danault - Ferland
Bennett - Bjugstad - Gallagher
Hudon - JDR - Brouwer

Schlemko - Petry
Mete - Petrovic
Morrow/Davidson - Stone
Juulsen

Price

defence guarantees we stay on track for a lottery pick this year.
with foward group young and solid mix of skill and all around ability, focus energy next 2 offseason's drafting/targeting defensive upgrades and rely on Price/Julien to mitigate deficiencies enough to be back into playoffs by 2019 summer... re-tool vs rebuild.

Petry, Mete, Juulsen, Petrovic provide a decent youthful basis to build around in back end as we try to land a Subban or Sergachev type talent via 2018 or 2019 draft (thank you MB for waisting those two massive draft successes).

Would go hard after Carlson in offseason, Caps will be hard pressed to keep him, perfect target to fast fowrad fixing the defense...
Enstrom, Green, DeHaan, Jack Johnson are all other decent options.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
If Molson either sells the team or gets a brain transplant then this team can finally fir Bergevin and rebuild.......If Carey Price is traded it would be a blockbuster and Edmonton is the best fit.....they are underachieving and believe they are cup contenders.....Price,Weber,Benn,Gallagher forTalbot,Larsson,Puljujarvi,RNH,1st round pick maybe it gets tweaked some,but you have to take money back to make the cap work or Montreal would have to take back some of Price and Weber contracts.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Do you think Florida would be open to trade either Barkov or Huberdeau for Price ?
I doubt Florida will give up their young Selke caliber PPG player for a goalie who will be getting paid 10.5 million in his 30's. Only way we get rid of Price is with the help of a lockout.

durojean

May 29, 2007
What team would want a Carey Price and would be willing to give something good to get him ?

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
IF you're trading Max, you're embracing a rebuild. Getting a great young D prospect, a good C prospect and a warm body at center is more than you can hope for.

No way the Canes accept that one.
I'd do that deal for Hanifin. Then again if we can get the equivalent but at C, even better, seeing as this year's draft is bursting with good defensemen.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
At this point it would be another 1st rounder reclamation project type player.

Not worth trading on his own. He'd best be dispatched in a package and even then, the other pieces better be attractive.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
What team would want a Carey Price and would be willing to give something good to get him ?
With this contract? I'd say close to 0. Will need to retain at least 3 mil. for forever to get a discussion started. And if:
1. He shows he is healthy so he must resume playing
2. You talk to a win-now team. Down to 15 teams?
3. Win now team has cap space. Down to 3 teams?
4. Win now team has its high picks and good prospects (cause they wont trade established young players)

Good luck..

Reactions: RealityBytes

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Big time. At least they'd come to their senses and let Drouin play where he's most comfortable.

This is all we've seen these last 5 years -- pushing square pegs in round holes. At some point, the guy pushing the pegs has to come to some kind of realization.

Yeah, he will come to a realization, alright. That he needs triangular pegs.

Reactions: Runner77

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Might be able to trade Price to NYI for futures and a cap dump. But, that would be management going into a rebuild, which isn't going to happen. For the Islanders though, it would for sure give them to ability to resign JT, which is priority #1.

Side note: Price has a NMC, so he isn't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad