Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - searching for a bargain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
DSP for Higgins at 1/2 salary.... always liked him as a Habs, top 9 winger.

matured since his younger days a Hab.

Good skater and wins a lot of 50-50 pucks which we don't have a lot off.

Patches --- Galchenyuk --- Gallagher
Higgins --- Plekanec --- Carr
Eller-----DD ----- Ghetto
Flynn---Mitchell --- Bryon
Fleshman

DSP doesn't bring anything to the table even though he's younger.... would be an upgrade even if it's only for a year or two.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

Fleshman

DSP doesn't bring anything to the table even though he's younger.... would be an upgrade even if it's only for a year or two.

Higgins is done.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Why would we get rid of one of our best young bottom-six forwards for Higgins?

We have no need for another player like Higgins. He can't cut it in the top-6 and he's not a big upgrade on anyone we have on the bottom two lines, we don't need him.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Fleshman

Higgins in the top-six lol.

Yep, seems like a Bergevin move...

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Higgins is a fourth liner these days.

MTL is barely a playoff team without Price and closer to bottom feeder.

No rentals, no wasting picks, no trading unless its top 6 with term.

Too much uncertainty around Price to waste prospects and picks unless you get term

Worst case which may best, Price heals, therrien is fired, youth get bigger roles and maybe get a good draft pick

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Higgins used to be a very good 3rd line winger.. His ratio is about 17g per 82 games with the Canucks in the last 4 seasons, excluding this season. That's definitely 3rd line material.

I haven't seen much of him but his stats this season are brutal. Has he slowed down that much?

That said, MB should focused on the top 6 not the bottom 6.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Higgins used to be a very good 3rd line winger.. His ratio is about 17g per 82 games with the Canucks in the last 4 seasons, excluding this season. That's definitely 3rd line material.

I haven't seen much of him but his stats this season are brutal. Has he slowed down that much?

That said, MB should focused on the top 6 not the bottom 6.

Higgins's ice time in Vancouver were of a 1st/2nd line player. His stats are inflated for playing with the Sedins.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Higgins is a fourth liner these days.

MTL is barely a playoff team without Price and closer to bottom feeder.

No rentals, no wasting picks, no trading unless its top 6 with term.

Too much uncertainty around Price to waste prospects and picks unless you get term

Worst case which may best, Price heals, therrien is fired, youth get bigger roles and maybe get a good draft pick

Sure the return of Price will be welcome, but Condon has been pretty good lately. The main problem lies with our top 6 and the way the current roster is being used. This team needs a spark. The way MB is handling the situation kind of shows that he doesn't have faith in his team and the players may see it that way too.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Higgins's ice time in Vancouver were of a 1st/2nd line player. His stats are inflated for playing with the Sedins.

For real?

From what I saw, all of his goals of last season weren't assisted by any of the Sedins.

And I thought the Sedins mostly played with Vrbata or Burrows in the last 4 years.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Sure the return of Price will be welcome, but Condon has been pretty good lately. The main problem lies with our top 6 and the way the current roster is being used. This team needs a spark. The way MB is handling the situation kind of shows that he doesn't have faith in his team and the players may see it that way too.

Condon hasn't outplayed many of his counterparts. He's been very average. Which should be the expectation.

Our problems are on deployment and strategy.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
For real?

From what I saw, all of his goals of last season weren't assisted by any of the Sedins.

And I thought the Sedins mostly played with Vrbata or Burrows in the last 4 years.

Vrbata managed his 30g without the sedins

Higgins certainly didn't get 17 goals by himself.

16:25 and 19:10 are 2nd and 1st line minutes. He must have played with the twins a bit and especially Kesler.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Higgins today = DSP without the hitting part. He is usess.

Today was THE day to make a change. 4 days off. New coach or new player could have had time to practice and meet with the team.

That makes me believe that nothing will happen before at least the all-star break.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

Today was THE day to make a change. 4 days off. New coach or new player could have had time to practice and meet with the team.

That makes me believe that nothing will happen before at least the all-star break.

DSP hit??

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

My thoughts exactly

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
His stats are inflated for playing with the Sedins.

Higgins certainly didn't get 17 goals by himself.

Ok.. so I've made a quick research.

In 2012-2013(shortened season), Higgins had 10 goals, none assisted by the Sedin.
In 2013-2014, Higgins has 17 goals, 1 goal was assist by a Sedin, that's it.
In 2014-2015, Higgins has 12 goals, none of these goals were assisted by a Sedin.

Ok so, 1 assist by a Sedin in 39 goals. I didn't count the assist but kinda weird that you claim Higgins stats are inflated because he played with the Sedin yet he doesn't seem to need the Sedin to assist him in his goals.

And no Higgins certainly did not scored those 17 goals himself in 2013-2014 but he also didn't need the Sedin to help him score those goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad