Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Had vanek shown up against the rangers in the playoffs, maybe the habs would be in the finals even with tokarski.

He was so invisible that I cannot see the habs ever wanting him back, especially not now because I believe he's slown down even more from 2014.

He was injured and demoted. Vanek actually put up decent numbers for us.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
Montreal could use a gritty player like: Matthieu Perreault on the 3rd line. I don't feel anything coming from Carr and I know we have to be patient. The only problem with Perreault is his contract that he just signed. It could be a massive turn off for any trades concerning him. Perreault can also play at center position.

:jets to Habs - Mathieu Perreault

:habs to Jets - David Desharnais + 2017 3rd pick (DD is older)

This trade could only be effective when DD will be healthy and after 10 games to see if he puts on points on the scoresheet.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
How about Bryan Little? RH good faceoff guy, great speed, not too small at 6'0 and real good offensive player. He'd be an ideal 2C and his cap hit is manageable at 4.7m

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Marc Bergevin should go for a LHD d-man to fill the spot on the 3rd, third line LW with size and grit with some offensive skills or 2nd line LW.

Dwight King as LW would be my choice
Mark Streit as LHD

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Montreal could use a gritty player like: Matthieu Perreault on the 3rd line. I don't feel anything coming from Carr and I know we have to be patient. The only problem with Perreault is his contract that he just signed. It could be a massive turn off for any trades concerning him. Perreault can also play at center position.

This trade could only be effective when DD will be healthy and after 10 games to see if he puts on points on the scoresheet.

Why would Winnipeg do that trade, exactly?

Desharnais has no value and he'll be available for free this summer.

People should stop putting Desharnais in trade proposals. At this point, he's a cap dump to a bottom feeder who wants to liquidate assets for futures.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

People should stop putting Desharnais in trade proposals. At this point, he's a cap dump to a bottom feeder who wants to liquidate assets for futures.
As you say, DD has no value, none.........he will ride the pine, or hit waivers and go to St John's upon his return...

If all goes well, you should see MB dangle a prospect, or two...and a high draft pick this year to add to our team...our window is now!!

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

As you say, DD has no value, none.........he will ride the pine, or hit waivers and go to St John's upon his return...

If all goes well, you should see MB dangle a prospect, or two...and a high draft pick this year to add to our team...our window is now!!

It will need to be a perfect storm to be able to trade Desharnais.
As a starter, there's seems to be a lack of center available at the trade deadline other than Hanzal. That's a good thing.
A couple of injuries down the middle for teams trying to get into the PO would also be a good thing.
Bergevin eating some money and/or accept a very low return that would not help the Habs for the PO would be another.
Perfect storm.

It's really sad to think that a player that was on our top 6 for 4 years and with cap-friendly numbers and with 6 months to go on his contract can't even find a taker.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Unless they want to get rid of Perreault due to Expansion Draft or Salary Concerns, there's no point in this trade for Winnipeg.

Laine - DD - Wheeler though...

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
It will need to be a perfect storm to be able to trade Desharnais.
As a starter, there's seems to be a lack of center available at the trade deadline other than Hanzal. That's a good thing.
A couple of injuries down the middle for teams trying to get into the PO would also be a good thing.
Bergevin eating some money and/or accept a very low return that would not help the Habs for the PO would be another.
Perfect storm.

It's really sad to think that a player that was on our top 6 for 4 years and with cap-friendly numbers and with 6 months to go on his contract can't even find a taker.

And how exactly would DD help a team make the playoffs? There's 29 GMs who think the guy isn't NHL caliber anymore. And there's 30 teams who have better options than DD in their AHL affiliate.

As I said, only way he goes now is as a cap dump on a team that is tanking at the deadline. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Best case scenario is to keep him on LTIR until he's either traded or the season is over. You just can't trust Therrien with Desharnais. Little Davey even said his injury was unfortunate because with Galchenyuk out, he had a shot at the first line.

:puke:

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
And how exactly would DD help a team make the playoffs? There's 29 GMs who think the guy isn't NHL caliber anymore. And there's 30 teams who have better options than DD in their AHL affiliate.

As I said, only way he goes now is as a cap dump on a team that is tanking at the deadline. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Best case scenario is to keep him on LTIR until he's either traded or the season is over. You just can't trust Therrien with Desharnais. Little Davey even said his injury was unfortunate because with Galchenyuk out, he had a shot at the first line.

:puke:

this makes me laugh cause DD is not that bad. I'm most definite not a fan but he's NHL player. Cap wise, it bad but the player isn't that terrible. What DD is, he's a complementary player. The problem with him on the Habs, he doesn't fit the bill cause he needs size and speed on both side. Remember Cole-DD-Patch...was a nice line and easily a 2nd line in the NHL.

I get the zero value in a trade but like many other NHL player, the cap hit neglect all the value cause cap is value.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

this makes me laugh cause DD is not that bad. I'm most definite not a fan but he's NHL player. Cap wise, it bad but the player isn't that terrible. What DD is, he's a complementary player. The problem with him on the Habs, he doesn't fit the bill cause he needs size and speed on both side. Remember Cole-DD-Patch...was a nice line and easily a 2nd line in the NHL.

I get the zero value in a trade but like many other NHL player, the cap hit neglect all the value cause cap is value.

Dude, that was 5 years ago. DD has lost all drive. He looks totally uninterested. Zero effort. Forget about his past accomplishments. Look at him now. Non-NHL player and at least 29 GMs agree with me.

DD is negative value now. As I said, at best he's a cap dump in a trade with a team that has zero hope of making the playoffs.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Dude, that was 5 years ago. DD has lost all drive. He looks totally uninterested. Zero effort. Forget about his past accomplishments. Look at him now. Non-NHL player and at least 29 GMs agree with me.

DD is negative value now. As I said, at best he's a cap dump in a trade with a team that has zero hope of making the playoffs.

Matt Moulson scored 36 goals that year. What has he done lately! :sarcasm:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Matt Moulson scored 36 goals that year. What has he done lately! :sarcasm:

He got old? :sarcasm:

But, seriously, people talk about Desharnais like it's 2012. Yes, I know he had some fight in him back then. But now it's completely gone. He's an embarassement the minute he steps onto the ice. And that's not just on the coach anymore. DD doesn't even deserve 3rd line minutes.

His absence is a complete non-factor, even though we also lost Galchenyuk. The fact is, a guy like Danault ends up getting the minutes DD would get and we're good to go. Every freaking team in the NHL has at least one player better than DD on their depth charts.

And as I said, I have 29 GMs (and their scouts) agreeing with me so I'm in good company on that one.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
He got old? :sarcasm:

But, seriously, people talk about Desharnais like it's 2012. Yes, I know he had some fight in him back then. But now it's completely gone. He's an embarassement the minute he steps onto the ice. And that's not just on the coach anymore. DD doesn't even deserve 3rd line minutes.

His absence is a complete non-factor, even though we also lost Galchenyuk. The fact is, a guy like Danault ends up getting the minutes DD would get and we're good to go. Every freaking team in the NHL has at least one player better than DD on their depth charts.

And as I said, I have 29 GMs (and their scouts) agreeing with me so I'm in good company on that one.

not that I wouldn't agree with you but do you have a source that says that 29 other GMs/scouts do not want DD? Or is this a trade rumour that never panned out?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
DD is not wanted but any deal where the Habs take on salary, DD (or maybe Pleky) is going the other way in the packaged deal. The team that takes on his remaining salary is just for the rest of the year remember.

Hockey gods definitely looking after the Habs I find. DD goes down with an injury last seasons and Galchenyuk is forced into a center role. This season Galchenyuk goes down with an injury and people are like... wait for it... Here comes DD to the rescue! Except DD is injured the very next game. Ironic?

Having both these guys out for 6-8 weeks is going to challenged the Habs and if they survive and remain in a top 4 position in the East, they will be a better team once Galchenyuk comes back.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
not that I wouldn't agree with you but do you have a source that says that 29 other GMs/scouts do not want DD? Or is this a trade rumour that never panned out?

Well, it was reported that Bergevin was actively shoping Desharnais last year and couldn't find any taker. It was also reported that a GM said no one thought DD was NHL material at this point.

And, seriously, you don't even need that kind of info to draw a conclusion. Just look at the games and the lack of effort in his play. Everytime we lose the puck, we end up defending at 4 because Desharnais is casually gliding on the ice (or towards the bench).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well, it was reported that Bergevin was actively shoping Desharnais last year and couldn't find any taker. It was also reported that a GM said no one thought DD was NHL material at this point.

And, seriously, you don't even need that kind of info to draw a conclusion. Just look at the games and the lack of effort in his play. Everytime we lose the puck, we end up defending at 4 because Desharnais is casually gliding on the ice (or towards the bench).

It's more like no team wants DD because he just lacks size up the middle. But I agree with some of your comments... his energy level is not the same as it was when he started in the NHL. Playing 1st and 2nd line center has taken a major toll on DD and it shows. Same goes for Pleky.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

He wouldn't have been a top 6 on most teams so he's not a real top 6 and he's taken a deep dive since last year, all thanks to that long-in-the tooth contract by Bergevin.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Why the lol?

I'd much rather a Simmonds/Domi or Simmonds/Wennberg combo than Pacioretty/McCarron..

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Why the lol?

I'd much rather a Simmonds/Domi or Simmonds/Wennberg combo than Pacioretty/McCarron..

Well, first of all, it was in 2013 and Patches at 4.5M (for like, half a decade) was worth way more than Simmonds back then.

And you're second guessing on the draft picks. Doesn't work that way. You basically have to assume that the Habs wanted Morin.

It was a very generous offer. As I said, Bergevin doesn't value guys like Patches very highly. I'd say the next one to get the 'Bergevin treatment' will be Galchenyuk.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
You guys must not know much about Simmonds if you think that's a bad trade for us. Guy is a beast. More goals than Patch last year (4 fewer points) and outproducing him slightly this year too. Same age. Even better contract. Completely the opposite of Patch in terms of using his size, driving the net, fighting, etc. Plus upgrading from 25th to 11th.

Not sure I'm seeing what part is "lol worthy", and I'm a Pacioretty fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad