Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 72 (The Final Week)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchcanayan

Jul 26, 2021
That would be terrible for us...

And I’m guessing you’re serious ? No arguments nothing ?

The prospect the habs want for chiarot … Pelletier

Monahan vs stud Dvorak …

Explain how that would be terrible for us… besides the fact that youd like a 1st + for every player we have.

But if Monahan played for us… “30 goal scorer with just one year left at a reasonable AAV , can bounce back, GMs remeber what he did bla bla bla, I want a first + or I hang up the phone” loll

rabbit4949

Apr 1, 2013
i wonder if there is something that could be built off of Monahan for Dvorak so that Calgary still gets a serviceable middle 6 Center but saves money in the process

Something like:

Monahan
Pelletier

For

Chiarot
Dvorak
2nd
Take out Dvorak and the 2nd and I think you nailed it.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
As a comparison to what Gorton/Hughes will do, what trades do you think Bergevin would be making if he were still GM?

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I’m not convinced that Monahan wouldn’t be a good *cheap* pickup who can then be sold for cheap at least next TDL. If he’s had injury and personality issues that’s not something we are unfamiliar with — consider Gallagher and Anderson with their injury problems and Drouin with his everything problems.

In that light Monahan seems like a high-upside move.

But I’m also not convinced that Calgary would value Dvorak much at all either. It’s a shame we didn’t get to see him play under MSL so far — maybe it would’ve gone better for his valuation.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Habs specifically but also NHL in general. Media informed to be ready to break trades.

No idea. No specifics other than to expect them to happen starting today. Teams finally ready to start pulling triggers.
If you're lying...

1647440632805.png

:D

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Dreger reiterates on TSN690 just now that Habs have been interested in Jack McBain for a while. The asking price as a 2nd Round Pick and that the Habs are not scared to pay that price. But there are a handful of teams interested in McBain.

If they can get assurance that he’d sign, that’s a good price to pay.

Not entirely sure what his issue with the Wild is as he’d have a great opportunity to play in the NHL right away.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
If they can get assurance that he’d sign, that’s a good price to pay.

Not entirely sure what his issue with the Wild is as he’d have a great opportunity to play in the NHL right away.
Think he sees it as he's behind Erikkson Ek, and Rossi for Top 6 so he wants more of a guarantee,

Edit: also I think minnesota already gave teams permission to talk with his agent to determine which he'd be happy with

Reactions: le_sean

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I know Monahan has been disappointing lately. He's gone from their 1C and is now in their Bottom-6 (sometimes 3C and other times their 4C). His cap is $6.375M this year and next year. We complain about Armia making $3.4M and on our 4th line, but having a Bottom-6 center at over $6M is worse.

My sense is they wouldn't want to move him because they're looking to add to their roster. But if the Flames are looking at acquiring someone with a big cap hit (i.e. Giroux), then I could see them move Monahan to make the money work.

Monahan has fallen out of favor with Sutter. And his production has declined under him. So it could be the system Sutter plays doesn't fit Monahan. He's been regularly a 60+ point player. He's had two 30-goal seasons. He also had one seasons of 82 pts. Now his production has gone down. So the team acquiring him in a hypothetical trade will feel like they can get Monahan back to a 60+ point center.
Monahan's production dipped big long before Sutter got there. I was hopeful that it would get better under Sutter. He's had injury issues (hip, back) and hasn't been the same player the last 3 seasons.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
If we can move Petry do it! He's not same since Weber left. Weber played the hard minutes, Petry can't play against top skill forwards. He is getting exposed.
That's a load of bologna. Up until this season, Petry was one of the most consistent Dmen in the league for a stretch of 4 seasons with over 40 points and great two-way play. With Weber's injuries, Petry played a lot of games over those seasons without Weber in the lineup.

Reactions: dralaf

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Think he sees it as he's behind Erikkson Ek, and Rossi for Top 6 so he wants more of a guarantee,

Edit: also I think minnesota already gave teams permission to talk with his agent to determine which he'd be happy with
In what organization is McBain guaranteed to play top 6? He wasn't productive in the NCAA until his Sr season.

Minnesota is extremely thin at center. Hartman and Gaudreau are currently in their top 9. I think Rossi will end up on the wing at the NHL level.

Reactions: habsfan891

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'm expecting Chiarot and Kulak to get traded (and maybe Perreault) but not really anybody else. Petry may get traded, but it will more than likely be this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad