Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If they want a young NHL ready centre, the options are basically Hudon, McCarron, Danault. I'd say Danault would be a no go for this coach and GM, so if they want one of the other two I think it would have to be bigger in them taking a cap dump to free up room on the big team.

Give up Hudon

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
They'd have to add a pick and a cap dump to make it happen with Hudon. Also, AZ would have to really like him. Not sure how many teams like Hudon if MTL would even give him a chance.

Oh yeah, for sure. I'm not a Hanzal fan, but if the team is wanting to pursue him, I just don't want to give up Big Mac.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Why should we be interested in a guy who can't stop being hurt in Hanzal? I have no problem with him as a player....but he's not going to help anybody in the infirmary.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Hanzal was not very good in the game last night. Already 29 years old and didnt look happy in a pile up last night. PASS.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would not move McCarron for Hanzal.

I would easily move DLR, and not so easily move Hudon.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I wonder what it would take to get Jordan Staal out of Carolina. His obvious connection to Michel Therrien makes it interesting as well.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'd have some interest in Hanzal because the Habs are a bit too soft up the middle IMO...but I wouldn't pay a premium either

Now If Brandon Saad is available, that's a guy I'd pay a premium for, but he still doesn't fix the issue up the middle.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I'd have some interest in Hanzal because the Habs are a bit too soft up the middle IMO...but I wouldn't pay a premium either

Now If Brandon Saad is available, that's a guy I'd pay a premium for, but he still doesn't fix the issue up the middle.

Personally I think a rental like Hanzal is a better fit for us, cause the money Saad is making will have to be given to Galchenyuk. Unless the Jackets have interest in Plekanec, then maybe it could work!

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Hanzal is a cupcake though, not sure he adds any toughness down the middle and he's brittle like fine china

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
We desperately need some size up front and down the middle. If MB could swing one of his usual deals where he fleeces the other gm I don't see how it could hurt us to get Hanzal.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
We desperately need some size up front and down the middle. If MB could swing one of his usual deals where he fleeces the other gm I don't see how it could hurt us to get Hanzal.

We would have to send cap the other way. Hudon + DD would be my offer.

Hanzal isn't perfect, but our centre depth would be respectable at least.

Jul 6, 2016
We would have to send cap the other way. Hudon + DD would be my offer.

Hanzal isn't perfect, but our centre depth would be respectable at least.

Hanzal is not that great. Just huge.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Getting both Sedins is an idea I like. Not sure the logistics, but a top 6 C and LW.

Are you referring to my post on the previous page or just a thought before seeing it? Personally, I think it could work because Vancouver has to rebuild, but they can't with those guys. The other issue is that they have to come together and they have a big cap hit so Vancouver would have take some of the hit. But I think Plekanec could be valuable for them as a stop gap and would alleviate a lot of cap for us.

I dont' know. I guess, if Vancouver actually decided to rebuild (they're a bit delusional) MTL has a lot of picks and prospects to get it done if they're willing to take cap dumps as well.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Hanzal would be an awesome addition as long as we don't give up guys like Sergachev, McCarron or Juulsen.

Would bring size down the middle, is great at faceoffs and he's a guy who can handle heavier defensive matchups while chipping in points.

Obviously there are injury concerns, but there aren't many guys available at C and he brings a lot of what we can use right now.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'd offer Plex for Hanzal straight up. We save $3M in cap, get a 3rd line centre and have $6M in space to go after a top 4 D and 2nd line centre later in the season. In the meantime rotate Danault, Hanzal and gulp* DD as 2nd and 3rd line centre by comitee until we can trade for the 2nd line spot. Maybe even try Radulov as the 2nd line centre. He plays more like a centre than a winger anyways.

Just saying, dumping Plex and his $6MM would be a gain in and of itself and Arizona can use him to teach their young players how to play defense which apparently is completely lost on them!

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Hanzal is a good fit on this team but I don't see how we're a good fit with Arizona as trade partners. They are suposedly looking for a young center who's NHL ready in return for him. Beside Mac, no one fits the description and I think trading Mac for Hanzal would be extremely shortsighted and I could see how the Yotes wouldn't do any deals with us unless Mac was coming back to them. He has played with Domi in London and he projects to be the same type of player as Hanzal but on cost control and hopefully more durable for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad