Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
I would go for Petry for Zachary LHeureux (C draft 1st (27))

Nashville have cap space, no issue cap wise next year, Centers sign for 4 and 5 years and are competing.

Their 1st RD is Fabbro, so they could use depth
They also have Carrier who is having a very good season.

L'Heureux would be our new Claude Lemieux !!!!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I'd make sure to get a few 2023 picks too. Not just pile up 2022 picks.

And we can think players values are at an all time low, it's not always the case.

Galchenyuk's value was low. He got us Domi, who had a 72 point season. And the year after, when he value was low, he still got us Anderson.

Pacioretty had the worst season as a Hab. He still got us Suzuki, Tatar, and a 2nd.

What we consider having a low value isn't how the other teams see it.

This... and if anything, it's not at all surprising that a team with zero shot at the playoffs and a bunch of roster veterans is where playoff focused GMs are going shopping... not often that a cap spent team with many recent playoffs tested assets is in fire sale mode a month before the deadline.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Nashville have cap space, no issue cap wise next year, Centers sign for 4 and 5 years and are competing.

If Weber retires early, they may have a VERY BIG cap issue ;)

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Could get Myers in the deal, it will help cap wise even if Nashville have a lot of capspace and we don’t have a lot of depth in the RD. Myers doesn’t seem to be a good fit in Nashville

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I could see something like that:
Jeff Petry vs Phillipe Myers + Mathieu Oliver + 2nd round pick

Myers doesn't have the best season but he's a RD and still young and Oliver was Hughes client and Hughes said that they want to bring a little bit more toughness to protect our young players.
That’s very underwhelming imo. I’m fine with taking on an expensive contract if we get that 1st+

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
That’s very underwhelming imo. I’m fine with taking on an expensive contract if we get that 1st+
Myers is not that much a cap dump though, he’s like Petry having a bad season. I just don’t see a 34 yrs old D with 3 more years of contract having that much value even if he played great the past 4 season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Detroit hangs up. If Chiarot nets us a 1st round pick, why wouldn't Leddy net a much better return than Petry?

You think Leddy will net a better return than just Petry, who is among the top scoring defensemen in the NHL over the last 4-5 years?

I can see Leddy getting a better return for Detroit than Montreal will for Chiarot.

But if Detroit has a chance to get Petry and only have to give Leddy in the deal, then Wings get the better player.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
NHL GMs don't value players like fans do, in short samples.

Ultimately, a team that wants Petry is going to have to pay for the player he's proven to be for most of his career, which is a solid top 4 puck moving Dman who can chip in 40pts a year and play 22+ mins a game.

There's a lot of value in that...the tricky part is the salary and term.

NHL GMs can also smell blood when they sense desperation.

For most of this season, Petry has not only been putrid, he’s completely abdicated his responsibilities as a teammate. Something has been way off for him and despite it all, he could still fall back into place in a new environment.

I see the Petry situation as a good test of how Hughes handles himself. He talks about exercising patience but that’s just talk. Let’s find out if he can put that into action and not get fleeced by jumping the gun on a deal.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Leddy is having a VERY bad season in Detroit and he is UFA next July.
So is Chariot in Montreal. Also consider that Hronek and Seider are RHD and are playing over 20 minutes per game.

There's just no room for Petry in Detroit.

You think Leddy will net a better return than just Petry, who is among the top scoring defensemen in the NHL over the last 4-5 years?

I can see Leddy getting a better return for Detroit than Montreal will for Chiarot.

But if Detroit has a chance to get Petry and only have to give Leddy in the deal, then Wings get the better player.
No they don't with Hronek and Seider on their right side.

HabsRenegade

This is fine
Nov 8, 2004
Montreal
Very curious to see what is Petry's worth. I hope for a couple draft picks or a promising prospect that hasn't pan out yet (ala Suzuki), but I can't find a scenario of this happening.

Reactions: 26Mats

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
Myers is not that much a cap dump though, he’s like Petry having a bad season. I just don’t see a 34 yrs old D with 3 more years of contract having that much value even if he played great the past 4 season.
Myers would come over in a deal to offset a guy like Armia. Army will thrive in Nashville

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad