Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I bet Jeff does go over top prospects, will fill the farm faster

2nd and a top prospect is the route I think we see, in the trade for certain guys

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Unless we give a Caufield or something like that yeah. They would probably ask without a first round , Caufield + Guhle and a 2nd.
Which I think habs are not the wrong team to do it.
the only way the habs would trade a first is if they acquire that first from another team, which to me says such a deal will not happen

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
I agree these deals don't make sense. Should be trading assets for picks and prospects while clearing as much cap space as possible.
I know right!!
We should be rebuilding, but let’s bring it Chychrun and other for our youth and first round picks, while Price it still on the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Garnet76

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
according to NHL insider Elliotte Friedman, the Canadiens are in the mix to acquire Arizona Coyotes defenseman Jakob Chychrun.
The 23 year old has been placed on the trade block recently and he would be a perfect fit for the Canadiens rebuild.
He's signed through the 2024-24 season at a very affordable AAV of $4.6million.
The lefty led the league in goals for a defenseman last year and would give the Canadiens a huge boost on the powerplay that they've needed for years.
Jeff Gorton would likely have to find a way to acquire a couple of extra first round picks, which he can do by moving some of the Canadiens older players like Ben Chiarot or Tyler Toffoli at the trade deadline.
The Canadiens also have lots of defensive prospects in the pipeline and they wouldn't have to give up Kaiden Guhle.
Coyotes may do it for our pick?

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
The CH is so broken that this rebuild should take minimum 4 years.. Other than Suzuki (who is our future 1c or 2c, no player should be off the table (doesn't mean they have to be traded). Until we have a legit 1c & 2c for a decade to come, then, and only then should we start to move forward in acquiring assets.
During this period, with some lottery luck -- we land a 1D. Otherwise we have to develop or D prospects to be at least 1 slot better (investment).
Bottom 6 players need to be developed still through our system.
We have 3 legit G prospects, which bodes well for the future NHL - as Goalie Tandems are the only way to succeed.

4 years time: we can start to get better

drafted player -Suzuki/draft NEEDED - drafted player
developed player - Suzuki/Poehling - Caufield/Anderson
developed player/Lehkonen - Poehling/Dvorak/Evans - Armia/Gallagher/Ylonen
vet developed player - vet developed player - developed vet player

draft NEEDED - developed player
Romanov/Guhle/Norlinder/Fairbrother - Brook/Mailloux
Harris/Clague - player

Primeau /Dichow/Dobes /Vrbetic

Trade for Picks/Prospects Immediately
- Drouin / Toffoli / Hoffman
- Entire D

Reactions: amethyst

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
If Price is so bad, that he isn't worth anything unless he's at $5M cap, then why would any GM even want him? I mean if he's that bad, how would he be worth anything, not to mention the picks, prospects, etc. you'd need to trade for him? Luongo whose contract was so bad, even he said he wished he didn't sign it still got traded with EIGHT years left on it for Markstrom. Anyone who thinks you have to retain 1/2 of Price's contract to trade him is out to lunch.

If A GM thinks they need Price to win a cup or two, they are the ones who will need to put forth an offer. No NHL team is trading Price to help Habs take salary off their hands. If they want Price, then they're willing to pay for him. Same goes for Gorton who's not going to eat $26MILLION in salary to help a team win a cup.

Change my mind.
I so agree with you....the trade proposal here for our players that guys draw up will have us eat like 35+millions....it's not gonna happen

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You can get under 50% with a third team.

But to pay a third team to retain for 4 years would be very expensive, so I don't see how that would work.

Only be 2.6 million for third team. Price locked up for 4 years at 2.6 million has a lot of value. Cost a big asset but we should gain as opens up trade to more bidders.

We also could take a goalie back from either team with bad contract. Like a Kostinen. Lets us flip Allen for a pick with another team. Doesn't make no difference to us as we won't have competitive team next year.

We get Kostinen, Oilers first pick goes to 3rd team for taking on 2.6 million of Price contract. Price at 2.6 million would bring us a haul. Plus a pick back on Allen and extra 4 million in caproom

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This would be the only package I would consider. We basically convert Chiarot, Harris, Norlinder into a proven top 4D at age 23 and you hope he re-signs after his current deal.

* The 1st we get from Chiarot
* Rights to Harris
* Norlinder
for
* Chychrun

Doesn't this hurt our rebuild cause our D is better? :dunno:. Not sure I would take the risk of him walking after his current deal. Imagine how deflating that would be. I pass

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
This would be the only package I would consider. We basically convert Chiarot, Harris, Norlinder into a proven top 4D at age 23 and you hope he re-signs after his current deal.

* Rights to Harris
* Norlinder
for
* Chychrun

Doesn't this hurt our rebuild cause our D is better? :dunno:. Not sure I would take the risk of him walking after his current deal. Imagine how deflating that would be. I pass

I know you’ve mentioned in the past about concerns about players leaving when they hit UFA, but you can’t go into deals and trades thinking like that. If they leave, they leave, but the hope is you entice them to stay.

All that being said, I wouldn’t do the deal because during the majority of Chychrun’s contract, we’re going to be a hot mess. Going back to what I said, he probably won’t want to stay, but more importantly, we’re wasting some good years at a relatively low cap hit while we’re rebuilding.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I know you’ve mentioned in the past about concerns about players leaving when they hit UFA, but you can’t go into deals and trades thinking like that. If they leave, they leave, but the hope is you entice them to stay.

All that being said, I wouldn’t do the deal because during the majority of Chychrun’s contract, we’re going to be a hot mess. Going back to what I said, he probably won’t want to stay, but more importantly, we’re wasting some good years at a relatively low cap hit while we’re rebuilding.

I agree for the most part. In terms of the a few years then potential UFA, I would not be as worried about if we were contenders looking for that 1 piece. But we are not and yeah, why bring him here to drown in this rebuild?

If the Habs are indeed in on Chychrun, are we not rebuilding? :facepalm:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The CH is so broken that this rebuild should take minimum 4 years.. Other than Suzuki (who is our future 1c or 2c, no player should be off the table (doesn't mean they have to be traded). Until we have a legit 1c & 2c for a decade to come, then, and only then should we start to move forward in acquiring assets.
During this period, with some lottery luck -- we land a 1D. Otherwise we have to develop or D prospects to be at least 1 slot better (investment).
Bottom 6 players need to be developed still through our system.
We have 3 legit G prospects, which bodes well for the future NHL - as Goalie Tandems are the only way to succeed.

4 years time: we can start to get better

drafted player -Suzuki/draft NEEDED - drafted player
developed player - Suzuki/Poehling - Caufield/Anderson
developed player/Lehkonen - Poehling/Dvorak/Evans - Armia/Gallagher/Ylonen
vet developed player - vet developed player - developed vet player

draft NEEDED - developed player
Romanov/Guhle/Norlinder/Fairbrother - Brook/Mailloux
Harris/Clague - player

Primeau /Dichow/Dobes /Vrbetic

Trade for Picks/Prospects Immediately
- Drouin / Toffoli / Hoffman
- Entire D
4 years?

Gorton should quit now.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Acquiring a 23 yrs old 1st pair D would't be that against the rebuild
Depends on what is going the other way. For example Chiarot, Petry, Harris, and Struble no one would squat but seeing as the Yotes want to rebuild that isn't the deal they're looking for. Both the Habs and the Yotes are gonna rebuild. They're not a match when it comes to trading partners. We can forget about it.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Why? If Chychrun can be a top dman and a core piece, that offer is pretty low.
I'd be concerned about Chychrun and his durability. Never played more than his 1st season at 68 games and multiple 50 game seasons. Not sure he's the asset I through a ton of prospects and picks at while were in a rebuild.

Also, I'll add again that this whole rumour was started by Friedman saying he hasn't heard anything but thinks the Habs would like Chychrun. If that's not a click bait comment, I don't know what is.

I'm putting this down in the "not going to happen so move on" category.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I agree for the most part. In terms of the a few years then potential UFA, I would not be as worried about if we were contenders looking for that 1 piece. But we are not and yeah, why bring him here to drown in this rebuild?

If the Habs are indeed in on Chychrun, are we not rebuilding? :facepalm:

For argument's sake, say we were 2 years into our rebuild, then yeah, I'd think Chychrun would be a good get. I just think if he were to come in for 2022-2023, which is year 1 of our rebuild, we'd just be wasting too many years getting good. That said, I'd rather a player like Chychrun with 3-years left on a rebuild than Savard with his 3-years.

Anyhow, I'm not saying don't get him but I guess it'll depend on exactly what our team is doing? Are we rebuilding, retooling or going all in? I said that last one facetiously by the way.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North

* Rights to Harris
* Norlinder
for
* Chychrun

So a late 1st round pick and 2 B level prospects for a #1 23 year old Dmen ? Yea Arizona laughs at this offer

Think more

Caufield +++

Reactions: Benstheman

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
So a late 1st round pick and 2 B level prospects for a #1 23 year old Dmen ? Yea Arizona laughs at this offer

Think more

Caufield +++

That's why I'm out. Chychrun is good, and he would fit a rebuild timeline, but the price tag is just too much, and all we have are futures, which we need to use for our own rebuild.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Honestly, as unrealistic as it may be, I would bring back KK if the Canes don’t qualify him. With MB (and Ducharme soon) out of the picture, there’d be no bad blood. Maybe he’d be open to coming back.

I’d sign him to 4.5x6 deal.

Wright
Suzuki
Kotkaniemi

:naughty:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad