Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
There will be a trade today.

Games tomorrow and Tuesday. Need this new player here for practise tomorrow morning.

McCarron for Hanzal. That is my guess.

Edit: Believe there will be more to it than 1 for 1. My guess is another pick/prospect from Montreal and Duclair could be involved too.

Last edited:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

Games tomorrow and Tuesday. Need this new player here for practise tomorrow morning.

My guess is we trade for Sharp or Vanek.

Pleks in untradable I'm sure, we need to suffer through the end of his contract and wait for a clear upgrade at C. In the meantime, an upgrade at LW will be just fine.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
A reasonable position but I don't think I'd necessarily lump Markov in. In terms of cap hit/expectation/performance I'd say Markov realtively speaking has been pulling his weight.

At $5.75 million, my, and I expect the team's, expectations were higher. If other players were over producing, you could accept his 'relative' level of production. Other than one or two, they are not, thus the struggles the team is encountering.

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
My guess is we trade for Sharp or Vanek.

Pleks in untradable I'm sure, we need to suffer through the end of his contract and wait for a clear upgrade at C. In the meantime, an upgrade at LW will be just fine.

These, and other proposed trades, are nonsensical. Montreal is not one or two players away from being a legitimate contender. To trade away future assets for any fading, rental player who in all probability will not re-sign with the team is regressive and will only contribute to the team's growing legacy of failure.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
These, and other proposed trades, are nonsensical. Montreal is not one or two players away from being a legitimate contender. To trade away future assets for any fading, rental player who in all probability will not re-sign with the team is regressive and will only contribute to the team's growing legacy of failure.

I think Hanzal would be in the team's long term plans. But he is only a secondary piece.

Hard to know if Sakic will indeed trade one of this stars or wait until the offseason. But my guess is Bergevin is aggressively targeting one of them. Why wouldn't he? Trading for a young top 6 forward with term helps this playoff and the next two seasons.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I really want Montreal to resign Price and Pacioretty to 6 year contracts. They'll probably be worth 9.5 and 7.5 million give or take 1 M from either. This will be easier if habs don't resign Radulov. Just hear me out.

On RW, the organization removed from Radulov has Gallagher, Shaw, Scherbak, and Bitten. I'm okay with that. The right side is fine moving forward. It's at LW where they struggle. If Pacioretty on the off chance doesn't resign, Lehkonen would be the top LW. That's unacceptable. Moving forward habs should obtain another LW because getting a centre would definitely change the core and at that point, why would you. To join Pacioretty, Lehkonen, Hudon, and Byron, MB should offer sheet the hell out of Drouin.

That's why you don't sign Radulov. Drouin's younger and will be a better player in my opinion plus habs desperately need a LW not named Pacioretty (whom has all star calibre) to play with Galchenyuk and their styles' would complement eachother well. Obviously this still leaves a weakness down the middle but I believe Danault, McCarron and possible Bitten (C/RW) whomcan also play the position at the NHL level, will be fine with good wingers.

Habs should trade for a pending UFA D to compliment Weber until Sergachev comes up. Kulikov is a possible option. Next season it be Weber, Sergachev, Markov, Petry, Beaulieu, and possibly Juulsen if he has a good camp. Juulsen has a mature game to him and KC has been grooming him for the past 4 years in Everett under quite possibly the best defensive system in the CHL as their #1. I believe he could compliment Beaulieu's game very well. He has no weaknesses. He's a prototypical utility D whom has all the tools but will never be a top pair D.

It's very important to integrate young players because habs need to resign Pacioretty and Price. By my math the salary cap will be at just under 70 million once Pacioretty, Price are signed long term and the kids are on their bridges. Markov, Emelin, Plekanec, Desharnais will all be gone by then. Next year habs could look like this:

Pacioretty-Danault-Scherbak
Drouin-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Shaw
Byron-McCarron-Mitchell
Sergachev-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Juulsen
Price
Montoya

That's a better team than the current one. Yzerman is in a mess. He desperately needs a top D and he's playing with limited cap space. MB should offer Drouin 6.5 at 7 years. He should offer the same to Galchenyuk. Because of the limited cap space, habs need to desperately integrate A LOT of young players either next year or the year after that.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

Except that I don't think we should or even can be a contender this year, if you read the Galchenyuk trade you'll see what my position is. This year is a write-off, get a band-aid to make the playoffs and appease some of the fans. 2018 and 2019 is where it's at, in terms of bad contracts being gone and young guns coming up for CJ to develop them.

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
I think Hanzal would be in the team's long term plans. But he is only a secondary piece.

Hard to know if Sakic will indeed trade one of this stars or wait until the offseason. But my guess is Bergevin is aggressively targeting one of them. Why wouldn't he? Trading for a young top 6 forward with term helps this playoff and the next two seasons.

My comments were addressing the idea that by adding one or two rentals the team's fortunes would somehow be positively altered . This is not the 1970-1971 Montreal Canadiens who paid a lot to acquire Frank Mahovolich late in that season. That was a team with a strong core (with a plethera of future assets) who needed the one dynamic element that would allow them to compete with the Bruins. This is a much different team which has no real expectations of besting any of the current NHL powers. You have to make a trade with your eyes open. Does anyone really believe that this team, with one or two rental players, could beat Washington or a healthy Pittsburgh team in a seven game series?

If the consideration is making a fundamental trade where core assets are exchanged for other core assets, that is another consideration.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Except that I don't think we should or even can be a contender this year, if you read the Galchenyuk trade you'll see what my position is. This year is a write-off, get a band-aid to make the playoffs and appease some of the fans. 2018 and 2019 is where it's at, in terms of bad contracts being gone and young guns coming up for CJ to develop them.

This year playoff experience is necessary. Upsets happen too. So once you are there it is anybody's game.

I don't think cheap old bandaids help this team. Sure Doan/Iginla would be nice stories. Sharp has a big cap hit, so somebody has to go the other way. Or Dallas has to retain salary. Otherwise a Sharp acquisition seriously handicaps the team from adding anything else.

Duchene has two more years on his contract after this year. I'd like to see him come in and play a round or two with the habs before the window opens in 2018 and 2019.

Also would love Landeskog.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
My comments were addressing the idea that by adding one or two rentals the team's fortunes would somehow be positively altered . This is not the 1970-1971 Montreal Canadiens who paid a lot to acquire Frank Mahovolich late in that season. That was a team with a strong core (with a plethera of future assets) who needed the one dynamic element that would allow them to compete with the Bruins. This is a much different team which has no real expectations of besting any of the current NHL powers. You have to make a trade with your eyes open. Does anyone really believe that this team, with one or two rental players, could beat Washington or a healthy Pittsburgh team in a seven game series?

If the consideration is making a fundamental trade where core assets are exchanged for other core assets, that is another consideration.

If they could add some size up the middle and another top 6 player, then yes I do think they can compete with Washington and Pittsburgh.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I want Weber to not be our problem at all. Not this year or next or the one after. If he's slowing down now, and he definitely is, it's very likely he'll be even worse very very quickly. He's getting called out every game now for his defensive flubs and lack of offensive talent. He's also clearly overrated in the intangible/leadership front considering this year's collapse.

With all due respect, your post is equal parts ridiculous and ignorant.

A few things: Anybody who has watched Shea Weber closely the last few years can tell you unequivocally that your main statement is absolutely false. Shea Weber is in no way "slowing down now" let alone "definitely" slowing down. His foot speed and acceleration are exactly as it has been for several years, so you are opening with a false assumption that you have pulled entirely out of where you are sitting. It's total nonsense. You then double down on ignorance to declare that it is "very likely he will be ever worse very very quickly." This is a ridiculous statement that you have entirely fabricated.

He's getting called out every game for his defensive flubs? Called out by who? The hockey geniuses who post here?

The people that think Paccioretty is garbage and needs to be traded?

The hockey experts that think Carey Price is done and needs to be dealt while he still has any value at all?

Any opinions or assumed consensus you gather from this place is dubious at best.

And he is "clearly overrated" as a leader? You are honestly questioning the leadership of a guy that wears a letter for Team Canada? This just makes you look foolish. So everybody in the coaching and management team for Canada's Olympic and National Teams are wrong and you are right? And not only are you right, but he's "clearly overrated" in this regard?

You entire thesis of this post is based on nonsense and that to that mix of nonsense you had hyperbole. It's a toxic blend.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I think if we can grab kulikov for a 3rd rounder, or 4th, I would do it. low risk, high reward as a bottom pairing guy.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I think if we can grab kulikov for a 3rd rounder, or 4th, I would do it. low risk, high reward as a bottom pairing guy.

I think the Habs need a top 4 dman more than another depth bottom pair guy.

Wouldn't be shocked if habs dealt Pateryn for him though

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Edit: Believe there will be more to it than 1 for 1. My guess is another pick/prospect from Montreal and Duclair could be involved too.

I really don't see what getting Hanzal accomplish unless you can trade Plekanec away and sign Hanzal at the end of the season for less than 6 millions.

Moving AG to left wing for Hanzal is an extremely bad move. Hanzal + Danault is not a contending team top 6. It's a waste of time. Maybe AG is a waste of time too but we got to try with him.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
I really don't see what getting Hanzal accomplish unless you can trade Plekanec away and sign Hanzal at the end of the season for less than 6 millions.

Moving AG to left wing for Hanzal is an extremely bad move. Hanzal + Danault is not a contending team top 6. It's a waste of time. Maybe AG is a waste of time too but we got to try with him.
Hanzal is simply a much better player than Plekanec is at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad