HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
You just lumped a 5'08 player and a 6'01 in the same category.
?
1- You completely missed the point.
2- Pionk's height & weight are listed as 6' 190.

Smallish for the game they play is what they have in common. It's really not that hard to understand, I have no idea why it's complicated for you :dunno:

Go take a quick look at the PIM leaders this year... Of the 90min+ group, Bennett is one the smallest (Domi the shortest, Pospisil the lightest, Bennett is lighter than Domi & shorter than Pospisil... All the rest are taller & heavier than him).

Do the same for dmen and hit leaders (Pionk was 6th).

Hits & PIMs, while not definitive, speak to the type of game guys play.

Bennett & Pionk are smallish for the type of game they play.

Pretty straightforward

You're asking the b1pster to live in a world where 6'1 can be called 'small'. You don't know what you've done.
Clearly I've offended something lol

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
?
1- You completely missed the point.
2- Pionk's height & weight are listed as 6' 190.

Smallish for the game they play is what they have in common. It's really not that hard to understand, I have no idea why it's complicated for you :dunno:
Give it up you were wrong, it's easy to do.

"I thought Bennett was smaller than that lol, my bad"

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

I don't think you are actually reading the posts you are replying to... That, or you don't understand what you are reading and I can't really make it any simpler.

Carry on being "right" :lol:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Or you don't know how to use it? Lmao.

I've challenged you on the notion that you called Bennett small. You were wrong, he's at the very least "league average" and above average for forwards.
Not all forwards play the same game.

Again, you missed the point entirely. Go back and reread it, or don't. Nothing more to add from my end.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Being disappointed with Slaf at the start of the year and wanting to get rid of him are two very different things, and I definitely didn't see a lot of the latter.
True, but there was a lot of Bust comments and we should’ve taken that player or that player so without saying I wanted him gone, wishing for other players is essentially saying I don’t want him here.

You’re right in the sense though that there was not many trade proposals involving Slaf

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
No, but a vocal group were adamant he was the wrong pick and wouldn't shut up about it despite how obviously short sighted their poorly grounded takes were.

A few at least owned it, but others continue to try to spin a different tune now that the kid made them eat their words... Par for the course for those types of posters.

Point is that the mob sentiment is rarely well informed & not a good reference point to assess a player. Pionk seems to be well appreciated by the players & coaches that he competes with, that's a more solid reference point than what some disappointed jets fans on this site might feel about him.
There be always ones very happy...
Go Slaf

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Necas has dubious hockey sense and will look to cash in. The team that signs him to the terms he'll command will instantly regret it before the ink dries.

He was fine for the time that Carolina had him at his current contract, not so at what he'll demand on the market. That's why they're ready to trade him.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016

Dude, he once accused me of being a Slaf hater with a bunch of awful takes. When I asked him to point those takes out, I've actually been a cheerleader since the pick, he told me that it was my job to find them (there were none) and that he didn't want to read my bad takes anymore. Literally can't admit when he's wrong.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Dude, he once accused me of being a Slaf hater with a bunch of awful takes. When I asked him to point those takes out, I've actually been a cheerleader since the pick, he told me that it was my job to find them (there were none) and that he didn't want to read my bad takes anymore. Literally can't admit when he's wrong.
I know, I like to make a point to make 'em look like fools.

He's about ot mention Josh Brook to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Heffyhoof

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Necas has dubious hockey sense and will look to cash in. The team that signs him to the terms he'll command will instantly regret it before the ink dries.

He was fine for the time that Carolina had him at his current contract, not so at what he'll demand on the market. That's why they're ready to trade him.
I've moved on from Necas, have to pay him so much money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad