HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You try to make Necas hitting 70 points once is a positive, but act like Suzuki getting it isn't.
I didn’t do that at all. Pointless discussing with someone that’s trying to read between lines that aren’t there.

But I guess I should know better. You complain about playoff production of a player then suggest trading for Mitch Marner as an answer :laugh:

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Habs sign Brett Pesce that will be very good no?
All depending the ask but for 3 years and less yes !
Alexandre Carrier is a free agent this year. He's an under-rated RD. I think he'd be a good partner for Xhekaj.

Both Carriers: William (Vegas) and Alexandre (Nashville) would be solid pickups.

Pesce will be expensive, and a lot of teams will show interest, including both Vancouver and Toronto.

Matt Roy (LAK) is another quality RHD going to market. He'd be a good partner for Matheson. But like Pesce, I think there will be a big market for him.
William Carrier would make a lot of sense and he was a Hughes client so I wouldn’t be surprise

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I want a couple of guys that can skate and hit like a truck this offseason.

Maybe trade Savard and get a similar younger D.

Really like Ehlers, but I wonder how much he would cost. Probably Winnipeg's pick + one of our best prospects.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I want a couple of guys that can skate and hit like a truck this offseason.

Maybe trade Savard and get a similar younger D.

Really like Ehlers, but I wonder how much he would cost. Probably Winnipeg's pick + one of our best prospects.
Agreed
Need to be more physical is a must along with 2nd scoring to get this sad PP better

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I love Ehlers and I'd go for him too but we probably don't have what they want.. but maybe they'd be interested in bringing in Justin Barron.

Just think Carolina as an organization would take surplus picks and a Harris/Struble for Necas.
With a recent 2nd round exit, strikes me as buy low opportunity. We need upgrades at many forward positions. An influx of 4-5 forwards with talent and/or grit. So that many opportunistic trades or high first rounders, while dropping that many boat anchors.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
The team needs to get bigger, tougher and meaner forwards.
It will take a few years to get a good mix.

Just got reminded that Utah has 10 2nd and 7 3rd round picks the next 3 drafts, and they only have 3 RFA men on the roster. We have Baron, Harris, Harvey-Pinard we could dangle for some of those 2nd and 3rd.

Reactions: Hannibal

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Yes to Necas, it's a no brainer depending on the cost of acquisition.. Winnipeg 1st++ and draft Lindstrom/Iginla.

Iginla/Lindstrom-Suzuki-Slafkovski
Caufield-Dach-Necas

Great size in the top6 imo. Necas us a tremendous passer, Caufield would benefit so much playing with these 2.

Still great bottom six left prospects wise.

Newhook-Kapanen-Roy
Tuch-Beck-Xhekaj

Get him Hughes!
Are you projecting for 2025-26 or 2026-27? If we get either of those players players, there is a fair possibility that they stay in juniors. But if they did make it to the NHL, I doubt that they would immediately be on the first line.

We have to stop rushing prospects, and both these guys could benefit from another year in juniors probably.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
More like Montreal. I'm sure Carolina would think long and hard about getting a top 4 defenseman on a 4.5m contract with their salary structure.

Many are saying Matheson's value is now at its highest. I don't see Hughes wanting to trade Matheson anytime soon, but if he did, his value might be highest next year, or the year after. If Matheson can again put up numbers like he has ever since he's been in Montreal and healthy, that will show his first year and a half weren't a fluke. More importantly for his trade value, if he continues to be paired with Guhle, his defensive metrics may greatly improve.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Many are saying Matheson's value is now at its highest. I don't see Hughes wanting to trade Matheson anytime soon, but if he did, his value might be highest next year, or the year after. If Matheson can again put up numbers like he has ever since he's been in Montreal and healthy, that will show his first year and a half weren't a fluke. More importantly for his trade value, if he continues to be paired with Guhle, his defensive metrics may greatly improve.
True. Although I think Carolina is one of the few teams who would really want Matheson due to his great cap hit production ratio

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Can they somehow discard Kotkaniemi?
Buyout or trade with retention. I don't think anyone will take that full cap hit.

Kotkaniemi, another example of the dangers of drafting for need - and bad judgement on the part of Timmins and Bergevin. Tkachuk's size was also clearly a need. And they loved Tkachuk. But they were focused on drafting for the greater need of a big center, at the expense of the talent separation.

Reactions: DAChampion

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
They likely won't have the cap space to give him the contract he'll want.
Of course they will, it’s all about choice as Friedman said yesterday the ”orgs priorities” are:
- sign Jarvis
- extend Slavin who is UFA after next season

Necas apparently wants too much per how Canes value his worth - he’s priced himself off the team

Last 4 playoffs: 48GP / 21pts
These playoffs are a mirage IMO, he’s on the contract prowl, buyer beware ….and Canes realize that IMO

Last edited:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
More like Montreal. I'm sure Carolina would think long and hard about getting a top 4 defenseman on a 4.5m contract with their salary structure.
Definitely, of the 7 dmen that played in the playoffs for them, 4 are UFAs. The other 3 are all UFAs next summer. There's no proof Nikishin will even come over for them as he's now the captain of the second or third biggest KHL team and basically the best player in the league. At the very least he won't be there next year. They need cost controlled or term controlled D bad if they want to be a playoff team.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Of course they will, it’s all about choice as Friedman said yesterday the ”orgs priorities” are:
- sign Jarvis
- extend Slavin who is UFA after next season

Necas apparently wants too much per how Canes value his worth - he’s priced himself off the team

Last 4 playoffs: 48GP / 21pts
These playoffs are a mirage IMO, he’s on the contract prowl, buyer beware ….and Canes realize that IMO
The same Canes team that thought Kotkaniemi was on the verge of breaking out? Yeah, I’ll let Kent decide this one.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Buyout or trade with retention. I don't think anyone will take that full cap hit.

Kotkaniemi, another example of the dangers of drafting for need - and bad judgement on the part of Timmins and Bergevin. Tkachuk's size was also clearly a need. And they loved Tkachuk. But they were focused on drafting for the greater need of a big center, at the expense of the talent separation.
How do we know they loved Tkachuk?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The same Canes team that thought Kotkaniemi was on the verge of breaking out? Yeah, I’ll let Kent decide this one.
They apparently tried to trade for KK. May have been low ball offers though if it was all Dundon's idea. Either trade him for peanuts or we'll give him an offer sheet. Hurricane management may have had no interest i him.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad