HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
OK but I don't usually like using a 5th pick on a 10-OA player.

Me either but that narrative just don't apply to this draft from 2-10+. I had that hunch before Bob said it and after he said it, I really believe it now.

I am not buying for one bit the BPA list narrative from 2-10+ in this draft. Remember, we took Reinbacher who was a hot riser as well.

Dig into Tig a bit more for me. Video and asking others you trust. I really have a hard time nit picking his flaws.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I think you are sleeping on Iginla because of the 16 vs 10 ranking from mid to end of season (bob's ranking). I think you need to consider that there is no real BPA from 2-10+. This draft is loaded with all kind of potential in that range. The rankings you see on the net are major guesses and Bob said it as well. 2-10+ is very unpredictable. Someone like Eiserman goes from 2 to 4 to 13 from beginning-mid-end of season.... and he didn't really have a bad season one bit. Just goes to show how much talent there is and our job is to find the one who has the best D+1 and D+2 improvements. That guy is Iggy for me.

Watch this video and tell me again that Iginla doesn't have top 6F or top line potential in the NHL? Already showing great edge work and already has a NHL shot. Cross overs are impressive. 185 lbs already and is one of the youngest. This is a hot rising stock if you were investing. Very difficult to find any flaws

1.5 months away from being in the 2025 draft. Think about where he would be compared to the 18 year olds who are in this top 5 like Lindstrom.

After watching that video, how he is ranked only 10 to 14? I mean, he's top 5 material. He's so much better than KK in every aspects. And he might a much better attitude, work ethic and life habits than Galchenyuk. His qualities are all what it takes to the nhl level.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
After watching that video, how he is ranked only 10 to 14? I mean, he's top 5 material. He's so much better than KK in every aspects. And he might a much better attitude, work ethic and life habits than Galchenyuk. His qualities are all what it takes to the nhl level.
Missing top level skating.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Missing top level skating.
But he is already nhl level in board battles. I watched his vids and the opposition is stronger than let's say Demidov opposite skaters and goalies. I don't evaluate skaters with specific aspects like what you say top level skating. I saw a pretty decent skating in his case. This might be one of the very few aspects he can improve, like defensive play. Nothing to be worried about, it can be improved in 2 years. His shot is already nhl level too with his hockey IQ, his compete and passing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think it's amazing that a team was able to trade up from 27th to get San Jose's 11th overall pick in 2022, by only adding a couple of 2nds.

But, I don't see that happening this year. The top 15 seems too valuable.
There’s always an idiot in the room Sphere.

Hughes needs to get to him before someone else does.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Wont matter for him. Rest of his game is too good. I predict Iginla will succeed at the NHL level. I will be extremely surprised if he becomes less than a 30 goals and 60 points player. He has become one of my favorite player in this draft.
How does he (Tij, not Jarome) compare to Lindstrom?

How about Sennecke?

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's valuable and not. All those kids are a few years away from being an impact playing in the NHL, while the 10-15 teams all want to compete next season outside of SJ and the Flyers.

So it's not more picks you trade with the Winnipeg 1st to move up, it's a roster player(s) and/or near NHL ready prospects. You just need to find a match...
Ok but San Jose traded the 11th pick for the 27th pick and two 2nd round picks.

How does he (Tij, not Jarome) compare to Lindstrom?

How about Sennecke?
I think that is the million dollar question. Because it looks like HuGo will take one of those three if a defenseman isn't leaps and bounds ahead of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Please stay away from PLD. He’s the worst player I’ve seen in a while. Think Josh Anderson making his current $5.5 mil with 7 goals.
Not remotely simliar,I MO, but sure...

PLD is still a 60+ point producer. He had a bad season after shifting to a new team and system, with a coach that likely wasn't his biggest ally.

Three-time 25+ goal scorer
Three-time 60+ point producer

All on two different teams with different coaches.

Those things don't just disappear for someone who'll be just 26 soon. It's not like he's Gallagher

Reactions: kinghock

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Ok but San Jose traded the 11th pick for the 27th pick and two 2nd round picks.

I think that is the million dollar question. Because it looks like HuGo will take one of those three if a defenseman isn't leaps and bounds ahead of them.
Unfortunately, at 5th OA, if both Lindstrom and Demi-Glace are both gone, a remaining D will likely be leaps and bounds ahead of them.

Iginla at 5th Oa might be a reach, but Sennecke at 5th OA is a major reach right now, even if he ends up better in 5 years!

I'm hearing Eiserman might become an end of 1st round pick. Could that be a Habs pick with the WIN pick?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Unfortunately, at 5th OA, if both Lindstrom and Demi-Glace are both gone, a remaining D will likely be leaps and bounds ahead of them.

Iginla at 5th Oa might be a reach, but Sennecke at 5th OA is a major reach right now, even if he ends up better in 5 years!

I'm hearing Eiserman might become an end of 1st round pick. Could that be a Habs pick with the WIN pick?
If, and i don't think it will happen, Eiserman drop to the winnpeg pick it's a no brainer imo.

Reactions: 26Mats and Pat Riot

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
If there's any FA to throw money at this year, it's Brett Pesce.

I'd give up a conditional 2025 2nd for his early negotiating rights.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

No Eiserman will be taken top 15 for sure, probably before Sennecke and MBN.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I wonder what it would take to acquire SJ's second first round pick from Pittsberg. I feel there will be a very good player available at that range. I mean there could be chances that a guy like Catton, Sennecke or Eiserman be available that far in the draft.

I would dangle CGY's 1st in 2025 along with WPG's first this year to try and acquire a second pick in the top 15 this year.
No thanks.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

So trade down with a team that really wants a specfici d-man, and go for whoever is still available betwewen Igionla, Eiserman, or Sennecke, while picking up a nice bonus for the trade-down.

Hence the trade-down strategy. Another option is to trade UP from the Winnipeg rank to get Sennecke.

Price only knows.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Not remotely simliar,I MO, but sure...

PLD is still a 60+ point producer. He had a bad season after shifting to a new team and system, with a coach that likely wasn't his biggest ally.

Three-time 25+ goal scorer
Three-time 60+ point producer

All on two different teams with different coaches.

Those things don't just disappear for someone who'll be just 26 soon. It's not like he's Gallagher
PLD seems to be a headcase..................stay away for sure. Let him eat up someone else's cap....
It's too bad, he has the tool box, but just nothing in there, it's empty. He could use Gally's heart though....

Reactions: Runner77

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
PLD seems to be a headcase..................stay away for sure. Let him eat up someone else's cap....
It's too bad, he has the tool box, but just nothing in there, it's empty. He could use Gally's heart though....
Come on.... we have Marty the magician .One wave of his magic wand will turn PLD around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad