HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I don't believe so. I don't think he is that evil and I think the whole thing has been exaggerated past reality because lots of fans are tired talking about it.

I personally think this is a alienate him type narrative now.

I'm perfectly find chit chatting about it with respect. Some people just can't handle it.

Yes, I have to repeat it. It's a new post about Dubois.

Come on man... if you don't like it, don't fuel it. That's a reasonable statement
The general opinion of Dubois now is that he is a selfish and lazy player. Not just on Habs’ board. Not the type of influence you want around young player during a rebuild, or at any time for that matter.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The general opinion of Dubois now is that he is a selfish and lazy player. Not just on Habs’ board. Not the type of influence you want around young player during a rebuild, or at any time for that matter.

If you have paid attention, I don't fall for general opinions. I have my own and you don't have to agree with it. I feel it's gravitated to a lets alienate him more than what it is. I see this a lot in society these days. Especially on the net.

Want me to repeat? Sure. lol. What I see with Dubois is someone who is very motivated when playing with talent. He was near pt/game with Connor and he fades without talent on the Jets. He's not the type to lead a line by himself. Kings paid a big price in trade value and contract and decided to spread their talent over 3 lines with Dubois playing 3C with limited talent. That's not how I would manage Dubois. I think he won't get bought out and I do think they try to manage his usage differently next year. But if he does get bought out, I'm all over the value contract for free and not spending assets to acquire.

Now some will try to nit pick... Well, you have plans to play Dubois at 3C so it makes no sense? I know some will try this. My answer to that is he comes on a value contract and he's playing with Newhook and Roy and gets 2nd PP unit time. I think this is a situation that he is motivated. 3 very good lines we can roll.

I can't wait for someone new to bump it forward again. lol.

Jul 6, 2016
Is Toffoli really interested to sign for the Habs ? If so, that would patch a big hole in the top six. The guy can play either L or R too. And can still score 30 goals per season.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Is Toffoli really interested to sign for the Habs ? If so, that would patch a big hole in the top six. The guy can play either L or R too. And can still score 30 goals per season.
I have a feeling he will sign to ANA. Must be missing the California beaches

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's a cost/availability formula.
I don't look at cost in strictly monetary terms. None of those guys come across as having "team first" personalities.
There will be a huge price to pay if we bring in players that don't meet the standards Hughes is setting.
I also doubt moving Guhle for Zegras would be looked upon favorably nor do I think Guhle is available.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't look at cost in strictly monetary terms. None of those guys come across as having "team first" personalities.
There will be a huge price to pay if we bring in players that don't meet the standards Hughes is setting.
I also doubt moving Guhle for Zegras would be looked upon favorably nor do I think Guhle is available.

I'm not drooling over the Guhle for Zegras idea. Very tough one to decide on and lots of fans would have the Sergachev/Drouin vibes. All I am saying is nobody saw the Romanov trade coming.

The thing about Laine and Dubois is I personally don't think they are cancer in the room. Of course they are not perfect in terms of attitude and consistency but these are two types we need and I do trust MSL would manage it well and turn around their careers.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm not drooling over the Guhle for Zegras idea. Very tough one to decide on and lots of fans would have the Sergachev/Drouin vibes. All I am saying is nobody saw the Romanov trade coming.

The thing about Laine and Dubois is I personally don't think they are cancer in the room. Of course they are not perfect in terms of attitude and consistency but these are two types we need and I do trust MSL would manage it well and turn around their careers.
I think the proof is in the pudding for both those guys the flags aren't telling a great story.
Laine has averaged 43 games a season for the past 4 years with a high of 56 and a low of 18.
A huge pass for us given our man games lost history. Not a chance do we take a chance on this.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think the proof is in the pudding for both those guys the flags aren't telling a great story.
Laine has averaged 43 games a season for the past 4 years with a high of 56 and a low of 18.
A huge pass for us given our man games lost history. Not a chance do we take a chance on this.

I understand how it looks. I also have seen many players mature in the age 25-30 age range. I get it, you rather make more conservative moves. It's respectful

I just don't think they are cancer like some are making it out to be. MSL would not be allowed to talk about it (CBA rules) but I would love to hear his opinion on these two players and how he can turn them around.

Forget about those exact moves. The main thing here is how we are going to use our draft power and prospect pool to improve the team faster. Because if we keep drafting, Suzuki will be 30+ by the time the younger ones (Reinbacher and the next two drafts) are touching their prime.

I'm sure Hughes is going to explore but it's difficult to guess how he uses his draft power to add pieces close to Suzuki, Caufield, and Dach's age. It's not easy

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Definitely hard to ignore the postive change in team performance of whichever team trades Dubois. I do question how Dubois would fit in with the team's locker room, not to mention the media attention that would come with having Dubois.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Out of our young defenseman, Guhle is one I dont see moving. He compliments many of our other top D prospects like Hutson, Mailloux and Reinbacher quite well. Zegras will take a haul, but it's one I don't think Guhle will be a part of.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
KH sounds like he will be active on the trade front. No surprise there.
He need to move Ds to make some space and probably a forward or two (multiple ones are UFAs next season so better to move some during the summer than everyone at the deadline).

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
What would you say if these chain of events happened...

1) Guhle for Zegras

2) Habs use our pick to draft a D (to replace Guhle). This unblocks our D clutter for this season and next.

3) Habs use pieces like the Anderson, Dvorak, Jets 1st, Mesar, to add Laine.

4) Dubois gets bought out and signs a small deal with the Habs. 4 years at $4M.

Slaf / Suzuki / Laine
Zegras / Dach / Caufield
Newhook / Dubois / Roy
Armia / Evans / Gallagher

RHP, Pezzetta, Ylonen, Farrell
Beck, Kapanen, Tuch

Matheson / Reinbacher
Hutson / Savard
Xhekaj / Mailloux

Struble, Barron, Harris, Kova, Engstrom
Not sure who we would draft on D.

Monty / Primeau
Fowler
You lost me at Zegras! Made me puke at Dubois!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
KH sounds like he will be active on the trade front. No surprise there.
I get the feeling Hughes really wants a forward because he knows we need one.

But once the scouts start talking to him about the players, if a dman is too good to pass on, he won't pass on a high talent dman for a less talented forward. And, if a dman is 5th on the list he'll first try to trade up. He may trade down. But the price would have to be right. We have a depth of assets. we need elite talent.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

But once the scouts start talking to him about the players, if a dman is too good to pass on, he won't pass on a high talent dman for a less talented forward. And, if a dman is 5th on the list he'll first try to trade up. He may trade down. But the price would have to be right. We have a depth of assets. we need elite talent.
I think Lapointe had an interview a little while back where he also mentioned that they wanted to go with a forward not that long ago so I don't think it's just Hughes pushing for a forward.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal

Very possible a scenario like you indicated will happen, Exciting off season it will be, to say the least.

Reactions: 26Mats

SamHabsFan

Apr 6, 2016
Quebec
watching the carolina/NYR game and man I would offer the moon for Svechnikov...Hurricanes kinda need a 2C since KK completely lost it but we do not have a 2c to spare... and I saw that they might lose 3 of their D's this summer..and the 3 others next summer..they do have nice D prospects in Morrow and Nikishin but, I assume they will need more.

So, if Brady Skjei and Brett Pesce decide to walk this summer, I would offer :

Mike Matheson + Mailloux or Xhekaj + Calgary's 1st round pick in 2025

for

Andrei Svechnikov

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
watching the carolina/NYR game and man I would offer the moon for Svechnikov...Hurricanes kinda need a 2C since KK completely lost it but we do not have a 2c to spare... and I saw that they might lose 3 of their D's this summer..and the 3 others next summer..they do have nice D prospects in Morrow and Nikishin but, I assume they will need more.

for

Andrei Svechnikov
No reason to trade him

Reactions: Whalers Fan

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Very possible a scenario like you indicated will happen, Exciting off season it will be, to say the least.
Snake saying on the sick podcast he thinks Lindstrom will be there at 5, and be the Habs pick.

for

Andrei Svechnikov
Svech seems like a cornerstone of the franchise kind of piece in Carolina.

Reactions: Justin11

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think Lapointe had an interview a little while back where he also mentioned that they wanted to go with a forward not that long ago so I don't think it's just Hughes pushing for a forward.
True!

BUT, he just had an interview where we got the 5th pick on TVASports and he said adamently they will take the best player available.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
True!

BUT, he just had an interview where we got the 5th pick on TVASports and he said adamently they will take the best player available.
If the scouts really feel they can't pass on a D that is available at 5, they will probably go with that pick. I believe it will be a RD only. Anyway, I think it will be a fwd.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Someone from the Golden Knights will be a Hab is my guess, I’m not sure who it will be, but they have far too many guys making big money, and holes to fill from pending UFAs that they can’t re-sign that something will have to give.

Pavel Dorofeyev would be a solid addition to our top 6 group. He’s only 23 and has all the ability and talent to be an elite sniper. I think he’d be great on a line with Kirby Dach, and would really benefit from Dach’s playmaking ability.

If we could pry Dorofeyev and Nicholas Roy out of Vegas for some picks (say the Avs 2nd and Jordan Harris), I’d pull the trigger on the deal.

Habs lineup could look like:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Dorofeyev - Dach - Newhook
Roy (Joshua) - Roy - Anderson
Gallagher - Evans - Armia

Matheson - Guhle
Xhekaj - Savard
Struble - Reinbacher/Mailloux/Kovacevic

Montembeault
Primeau
I've got a feeling Nic Roy will be a Hab come the fall...

Dorofeyev, not so much... Knights need cost controlled talent & while he's got nice upside, hasn't shown enough to be pushing for a massive RFA deal. Doubt they entertain any offers short of massive overpayment for him.

Roy, as solid as he is, is easier to replace in their bottom 6 at a cheaper cap hit (either internally or via a vet willing to take a sub 2M$ ufa deal)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad