HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
lol people Anaheim isn’t trading zegras for Mailloux one for one. Way overvalue a player who doesn’t have much stock around the league due to his past. Then undervalue player like zegras. It would cost a 1st to move Josh Anderson
You keep posting this. No GM cares about his past. He has been reinstated. That and his ability is all they care about.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZUKI

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Yeah and it's just insane to think that is what they want while talking about not wanting to draft Catton because of his size. Zegras is the same slight player but with less of an inside game.

Probably just Anaheim trying to raise the price on Zegras the same way Winnipeg did with Dubois.

If we someway ends up with Lindstrom, i’m ok woth Zegras aquisition. That would give us good balance of size and skill in our top 6.

We might even make a bigger deal with Anaheim. Switching our top pick to put us is Lindstrom range with Zegras
In the deal.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Yeah and it's just insane to think that is what they want while talking about not wanting to draft Catton because of his size. Zegras is the same slight player but with less of an inside game.

Probably just Anaheim trying to raise the price on Zegras the same way Winnipeg did with Dubois.
I think like last year they want to add two pieces.

Last year they got the small but fast winger via trade (newhook) and the RHD by draft (Reinbacher)

I think this year they want to add two pieces too. A skilled forward and a power forward. Which ever they don’t trade for they will draft.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Listened to Arpon and Godin notebook on potential Dach and Newhook deals.

They echod my thoughts that Zegras is exactly who this managment team wants.

The offer they were spitballing was Mailloux + Anderson + Winnipeg pick.

Strubble, Dvorak, WPG 1st... That's a better fit for both sides imo, though if Verbeek preferred Anderson/Mailloux, I'd pull that trigger.

I think some around here underestimate the value of KH/MSL knowing Zegras very well. The talent and competitiveness to be an elite top 6 player is evident... If they are confident that he's coachable and hungry to become the best player he can be, there's no reason to doubt it.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Strubble, Dvorak, WPG 1st... That's a better fit for both sides imo, though if Verbeek preferred Anderson/Mailloux, I'd pull that trigger.

I think some around here underestimate the value of KH/MSL knowing Zegras very well. The talent and competitiveness to be an elite top 6 player is evident... If they are confident that he's coachable and hungry to become the best player he can be, there's no reason to doubt it.
Now, it's not like I've watched Zegras much, maybe a half dozen times at the NHL level (full games) but I've never seen a compete level I'd be happy with on our team. To me he's the classic definition of a floater waiting for a breakout or staying out of the dirty areas in the offensive zone.

I have no doubts that management knows him well, not sure anyone does or would dispute that, I just don't see the allure in his game play to put our team over the top or even significantly better.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022

I try to remember the last time a bottom feeder traded a young talented player for a package of lesser pieces and no name comes to my mind.

These packages (Mailloux Anderson or Dvo Struble) + first is the kind of package used to acquire a soon to be veteran UFA at TDL. Cap dump plus crapshoot in the dark never equals talented but disgruntled under 24 player

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I try to remember the last time a bottom feeder traded a young talented player for a package of lesser pieces and no name comes to my mind.

These packages (Mailloux Anderson or Dvo Struble) + first is the kind of package used to acquire a soon to be veteran UFA at TDL. Cap dump plus crapshoot in the dark never equals talented but disgruntled under 24 player
Mailloux is not a shot in the dark. And players like Mailloux would never be used for a UFA vet (at least not by a competent GM). The only way you get a good young defenseman, other than the draft, is to tale a shot in a trade. It would all depend in what Verbeek's crew think of Mailloux.
A lesser defenseman than Mailloux got Gauthier.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Now, it's not like I've watched Zegras much, maybe a half dozen times at the NHL level (full games) but I've never seen a compete level I'd be happy with on our team. To me he's the classic definition of a floater waiting for a breakout or staying out of the dirty areas in the offensive zone.

I have no doubts that management knows him well, not sure anyone does or would dispute that, I just don't see the allure in his game play to put our team over the top or even significantly better.
Couldn't disagree more with your assessments

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

WPG 1st, Strubble, Dvorak
WPG 1st, Mailloux, Anderson

Both are better value (assuming cap space is not a concern, which it isn't for Anh) than 13th/66th picks we gave up for Dach or 31st/37th picks we gave up for Newhook.

Zegras is more established than both, but to say that package deals for more talented young players don't happen is odd considering we've had 2 in the past 2 seasons :dunno:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Matheson was the 9th highest scoring D in the league last year. Any prospect we have has proven nothing at the NHL level. Although we may be stocked about our prospects, we can only make a lateral move at best with them, but probably worse. For Matherson, a team who wants to win now would give up futures, even futures that are a year or two away.
Which team? Which futures?

Teams were tight on giving up futures at this trade deadline.

Reactions: Bacchus1

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
WPG 1st, Strubble, Dvorak
WPG 1st, Mailloux, Anderson

Both are better value (assuming cap space is not a concern, which it isn't for Anh) than 13th/66th picks we gave up for Dach or 31st/37th picks we gave up for Newhook.

Zegras is more established than both, but to say that package deals for more talented young players don't happen is odd considering we've had 2 in the past 2 seasons :dunno:
Genuinely curious,

Why do you call him Strubble? Am I missing some kind of obscure reference?

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Why is everyone proposing a defenceman in a deal with Anaheim? They have better D prospects than we do, that is why they dealt one for Gauthier. If I am not mistaken, last year they had the top defenseman in all 3 CHL leagues. The Duck's fan that wanted to acquire Evans should be an indication that they would want a top forward in any Zegras deal, not defense or cap dumps like Anderson. If you want Zegras, the price will hurt, losing Anderson does not.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022

In what world do you even think Anaheim will give away a priced good young player for cap dump in either Christian Dvorak and or Josh Anderson? It would cost 2nd or 3rd to rid of Dvorak and 1st round pick to rid of Josh A.

Then in one deal you offered of a C or D prospect which Anaheim has no use for & late 1st

Anaheim doesn’t need Logan as they have plenty of Top D stud prospects. They aren’t taking in cap dump of Josh without additional 1st round pick. So Trevor Z gets 1st round pick. Josh Anderson: you give up an additional 1st to rid of him. That’s how this works. Take off your homer blinders

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
What you said is blatantly false and is bias fan thinking. Some gm or majority of gm’s absolutely do care.
There may be a GM or 2 who would hesitate. Most wouldn't give a damn. He has been reinstated by the NHL which is all most care about. And Hughes would not offer him if there was a continuing problem or he the ask would be so low to account for that. He was going to be drafted in the 2nd round if MB hadn't taken him. I suspect there were several teams ready to take him.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Here's a spicy meatball:

1st pick and Guhle to Calgary for their 1st, Vancouver's 1st, Coronato and Sharangovich.

I'm assuming here that Montreal's pick stays #5 and Calgary's #9.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Why is everyone proposing a defenceman in a deal with Anaheim? They have better D prospects than we do, that is why they dealt one for Gauthier. If I am not mistaken, last year they had the top defenseman in all 3 CHL leagues. The Duck's fan that wanted to acquire Evans should be an indication that they would want a top forward in any Zegras deal, not defense or cap dumps like Anderson. If you want Zegras, the price will hurt, losing Anderson does not.
Because there is no reason to move Zegras unless they are looking to replace Drysdale.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

I highly doubt anyone would want Dvorak at least until the trade deadline. Then if he has a good year, a longshot, a contender might be interested for depth.

Reactions: Runner77

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
There may be a GM or 2 who would hesitate. Most wouldn't give a damn. He has been reinstated by the NHL which is all most care about. And Hughes would not offer him if there was a continuing problem or he the ask would be so low to account for that. He was going to be drafted in the 2nd round if MB hadn't taken him. I suspect there were several teams ready to take him.
He literally took himself out of draft because he wasn’t going to be drafted. Only MB was the only GM who didn’t listen

He took himself out of the draft as gms were not drafting him but MB ignored that and took him

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Nobody cares about his past. What are you talking about?
False , blatant false, not all fans turn a blind eye, same way most Gm’s don’t in most sports especially depending on the state and or nightmare the team could face in a certain state

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad