HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Anderson + Gallagher + CGY 1st for Huberdeau (1 mil retained) + Andersson

Would you guys do

MTL : Gallagher + Anderson
for
CGY : Huby

HUBERDEAU f***ING SUCKS. THAT CONTRACT IS TRASH. IT'S SO BAD GALLAGHER AND ANDERSON HAVE WAAAAAY MORE VALUE THAN HIM. THERE'S 7 YEARS LEFT AFTER THIS ONE WHILE GALLY AND ANDERSON HAVE 3. DON'T EVER BRING HIM UP AGAIN.

If he's concerned about how the fans view him, then he probably won't be mentally able to handle the playoffs.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Hello Habs fans, do you believe that Jake Evans could possibly be available in a trade this offseason? The Ducks need a right handed 4C who can win faceoffs and kill penalties. Stenlund and Carrick are UFA options, but if we can’t land either of them, Evans seems like a great fit. I would be willing to offer a mid round pick or a forward who is getting squeezed out of our lineup (Max Jones, Isac Lundestrom, BO Groulx, maybe Brett Leason). Would that fit what you would theoretically be looking for?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
HUBERDEAU f***ING SUCKS. THAT CONTRACT IS TRASH. IT'S SO BAD GALLAGHER AND ANDERSON HAVE WAAAAAY MORE VALUE THAN HIM. THERE'S 7 YEARS LEFT AFTER THIS ONE WHILE GALLY AND ANDERSON HAVE 3. DON'T EVER BRING HIM UP AGAIN.
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but …should stop beating around the bush…..

1714186761914.gif

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Hello Habs fans, do you believe that Jake Evans could possibly be available in a trade this offseason? The Ducks need a right handed 4C who can win faceoffs and kill penalties. Stenlund and Carrick are UFA options, but if we can’t land either of them, Evans seems like a great fit. I would be willing to offer a mid round pick or a forward who is getting squeezed out of our lineup (Max Jones, Isac Lundestrom, BO Groulx, maybe Brett Leason). Would that fit what you would theoretically be looking for?
Unless somebody comes around willing to pay something worth while, he’s more valuable as a stop gap then in a trade. We have a ton of prospects and picks, we aren’t looking to add other teams scraps for roster players.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
- I disagree that Matheson gets us a prospect like Hutson or Reinbacher, or a young player like Guhle.

- Hughes would trade Matheson if he thought it would benefit the team. he'd just make sure it was to a destination Matheson would be happy with.

- Buffalo doesn't need LD's. They already had Power and Dahlin and they just added Byram. I know you said Buffalo may not need Matheson. But it begs the question, who does? And who is willong to give up a lot to get him?

I'm actually really excited to see Matheson have a season where he's not the only one carrying the offensive load. I really want to see this dcore next year:

Matheson Guhle
Hutson Savard
Xhekaj Barron/Struble/Harris/Kovacevic/Mailloux/Reinbacher
Matheson was the 9th highest scoring D in the league last year. Any prospect we have has proven nothing at the NHL level. Although we may be stocked about our prospects, we can only make a lateral move at best with them, but probably worse. For Matherson, a team who wants to win now would give up futures, even futures that are a year or two away.

Reactions: Habs Icing

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Matheson will start trending towards his proper slotting next season this improving his game, as his TOI starts decreasing as Hutson inevitably assumes PP QB responsibility

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Would you do ANA 1st for MTL 1st + Evans? You'd basically fall down 2 spots, but you're looking for defense anyway, and we can get the forward we want!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Once we draft Celebrini, Evans gets squeezed out of the 4th C position by Dvorak. ;)

Reactions: sampollock

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Matheson will start trending towards his proper slotting next season this improving his game, as his TOI starts decreasing as Hutson inevitably assumes PP QB responsibility
As a 2nd pairing D, Matheson could well slide into a 40+ point-producing, PMD and be much less exposed than he currently is.

Ironically, that would make him a cheaper version of the best Petry he was actually tradedforin the first place.

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Mailloux

next year.

Matheson gets traded for an impact forward in the final year of his contract, packaged along with the CAL (FLA) 1st round pick in 2025.

2025-2026 D-Corps:

Guhle -Mailloux
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Engstrom

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I get as annoyed as anyone on some of Matheson’s obvious gaffes, but you have to admit that Hughes absolutely fleeced the Penguins on that deal.

Not only was he able to dump a couple of guys who didn’t want to be here in Petry and Poehling, he got a veteran who was a top 10 in defensive scoring and a draft pick.

We gave up crap and got something valuable out of it, and that’s a testament to Hughes’ ability to judge and evaluate talent. Matheson has also become a big part of the leadership group.

He’s being forced to play as a number one guy when he isn’t one, but Matheson is a valuable guy to have on the team, and has increased his value exponentially. That’s only going to help when he’s eventually (inevitably) moved.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

We have no center depth ourselves, so it's really doubtful he gets traded this summer.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Listened to Arpon and Godin notebook on potential Dach and Newhook deals.

They echod my thoughts that Zegras is exactly who this managment team wants.

The offer they were spitballing was Mailloux + Anderson + Winnipeg pick.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Knowing Hughes, he'd probably ask for a 2nd, maybe a 3rd.

We like Evan's a lot. We'd need a reason to move him. What's in it for us?

What would you give for Dvorak, 50% retained?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not for mid round pick. We swamped with extra picks now. I personally would keep Evans. He's evolved into ideal 4th center

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Listened to Arpon and Godin notebook on potential Dach and Newhook deals.

They echod my thoughts that Zegras is exactly who this managment team wants.

The offer they were spitballing was Mailloux + Anderson + Winnipeg pick.
Mailloux+Anderson+first is what Basu preferred. Godin preferred Reinbacher 1 for 1, which in my opinion will not happen and I would not entertain.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Mailloux+Anderson+first is what Basu preferred. Godin preferred Reinbacher 1 for 1, which in my opinion will not happen and I would not entertain.
Reinbacher is a no go. The other package isn’t enough unless they see Mailloux as a potential 1st pair RHD.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Mailloux+Anderson+first (for Zegras) is what Basu preferred.

We could add to the Winnipeg first for Zegras, but giving up Mailloux in order to move Anderson is not remotely close to my idea of a smart move.

Or, to put it another way, Mailloux for Zegras one-for-one is already doubtful, but giving up a first to move Anderson is nuts.

Godin preferred Reinbacher 1 for 1, which in my opinion will not happen and I would not entertain.

I'm not sure I like this one. Trading a 5OA for a former 9OA who has already used up his cheap years is not normally something I'd do. Now, it is a closer call because I think Zegras is 6th or 7th in a re-draft and Reinbacher may not be a 1D, but he is still a good shot at a 2D (1st pair) whereas Zegras is not likely to be a first line forward, so still no. But I understand this offer if the one proposing it evaluates Reinbacher as no better than a 2nd pair D. For me, it's still a below-average risk-reward equation..

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I get as annoyed as anyone on some of Matheson’s obvious gaffes, but you have to admit that Hughes absolutely fleeced the Penguins on that deal.

Not only was he able to dump a couple of guys who didn’t want to be here in Petry and Poehling, he got a veteran who was a top 10 in defensive scoring and a draft pick.

We gave up crap and got something valuable out of it, and that’s a testament to Hughes’ ability to judge and evaluate talent. Matheson has also become a big part of the leadership group.

He’s being forced to play as a number one guy when he isn’t one, but Matheson is a valuable guy to have on the team, and has increased his value exponentially. That’s only going to help when he’s eventually (inevitably) moved.
This post can't be repeated often enough!

I'll also add that once his minutes get reduced to 21-22 minutes a game, he'll reduce his gaffes.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Zegras does nothing for me. I know he’s buddies with Cole but the few times I’ve watched him he hasnt impressed.

Yeah and it's just insane to think that is what they want while talking about not wanting to draft Catton because of his size. Zegras is the same slight player but with less of an inside game.

Probably just Anaheim trying to raise the price on Zegras the same way Winnipeg did with Dubois.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
We could add to the Winnipeg first for Zegras, but giving up Mailloux in order to move Anderson is not remotely close to my idea of a smart move.

Or, to put it another way, Mailloux for Zegras one-for-one is already doubtful, but giving up a first to move Anderson is nuts.

I'm not sure I like this one. Trading a 5OA for a former 9OA who has already used up his cheap years is not normally something I'd do. Now, it is a closer call because I think Zegras is 6th or 7th in a re-draft and Reinbacher may not be a 1D, but he is still a good shot at a 2D (1st pair) whereas Zegras is not likely to be a first line forward, so still no. But I understand this offer if the one proposing it evaluates Reinbacher as no better than a 2nd pair D. For me, it's still a below-average risk-reward equation..
lol people Anaheim isn’t trading zegras for Mailloux one for one. Way overvalue a player who doesn’t have much stock around the league due to his past. Then undervalue player like zegras. It would cost a 1st to move Josh Anderson

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Yes he did so let's fleece another team again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad