HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #86: 2023-2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
They have over $7 million in cap space. I don’t think they’ll need to move anyone to sign Kane.
But they desire Armia so much in exchange.

1699922054864.png

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
What hole exactly? Because of injuries? Teams with 2 goalies would have the same problem.
Teams usually have a goalie in the AHL that can be recalled in case of injuries.
Dobes is a rookie. He shouldn't be number 1 in Laval to begin with. So not the ideal candidate for a recall.

Friedman said this morning that the Habs are trying to solve the 3 goalies problem.
But they must know what is going to happen with Montembeault before doing anything.
They are trying to sign him long term but apparently he wants 4-5 years at an AAV higher than Allen is making according to Mathias Brunet.
If they trade Allen now, they will lose leverage in negotiations.
If they can't sign Montembeault, they will probably trade him, rather than lose him for nothing.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
I perhaps missed where Killorn moved to C? But either way, I don't think you'd find much support for an attempt to argue that he has anywhere close to Nylander's value on a UFA contract. Nylander will easily sign for significantly more than Killorn did last summer... That was my point (highlighting that summer UFA value is a factor of supply/demand, & this summer there will be huge demand & very limited supply for what Nylander represents= major contract).

To your last point... Yes and? I don't think anyone would suggest otherwise.

The question is not Nylander's value vs Huberdeau. That's obvious Nylander > Huberdeau (even if hubby is at 8M vs Nylander 10M+

But
Nylander @7x10+ vs
- Hubby @7x8M +
- 3x2nd +
- cond 1st +
- offloading Anderson/Armia/Price

& Now I think you might see how the scales look a bit different.

No idea how desperate the flames will get, and their ownership is notoriously stingy (so retaining may be a non starter), but if they get desperate enough, there's a deal that could make sense for us to choose that risk over the other risky propositions to add a legit top - 6 or top line talent

Hughes may forgo any risk all together and just patiently wait for internal prospects +/or Dach/Newhook type bets to pay off... But if we do go fishing for established top talent, Hubberdeau is at least worth kicking tires on
The Habs are not trying to ''offload'' Anderson.
He doesn't have negative value just because he's in a slump right now.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't accept 3 2nds for him.
If they trade him, it's gonna be for something more significant.
They'll want quality, not quantity.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
4-6 of their choice of Montreal's best players/trade assets.

Wouldn’t that simply recreate the Oilers current problem here ?

I’m all for giving him whatever salary he wants as an UFA ($12-15M ? done ! ) but if we need to trade Guhle, Dach & Caufield, yes we get the better player but would we really be a significantly better team after ?

Just feels lately that depth is almost as important during the playoffs run, all it takes is a cheap shot on your star and you’re out.

We had a great cup run but the 3 teams we beat were missing one of their top6 C.

Reactions: themilosh

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Teams usually have a goalie in the AHL that can be recalled in case of injuries.
Dobes is a rookie. He shouldn't be number 1 in Laval to begin with. So not the ideal candidate for a recall.

Friedman said this morning that the Habs are trying to solve the 3 goalies problem.
But they must know what is going to happen with Montembeault before doing anything.
They are trying to sign him long term but apparently he wants 4-5 years at an AAV higher than Allen is making according to Mathias Brunet.
If they trade Allen now, they will lose leverage in negotiations.
If they can't sign Montembeault, they will probably trade him, rather than lose him for nothing.
I wouldn't go more than 2 mil for 2 years. Take it or your gone.

Reactions: Habit11

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
The Habs are not trying to ''offload'' Anderson.
He doesn't have negative value just because he's in a slump right now.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't accept 3 2nds for him.
If they trade him, it's gonna be for something more significant.
They'll want quality, not quantity.
LOL.... Kent would be crazy, if he refuse 3 second round pick for Anderson.

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
What hole exactly? Because of injuries? Teams with 2 goalies would have the same problem.

Teams have guys like Kinkaid or guys like Primeau.....we don't have any of that. We have Dobes who's barely ready for the AHL, not even sure he is actually.

We don't need to get a good goalie for that......but we do need one.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Teams have guys like Kinkaid or guys like Primeau.....we don't have any of that. We have Dobes who's barely ready for the AHL, not even sure he is actually.

We don't need to get a good goalie for that......but we do need one.
Habs easily got Hammond two years ago when all the goalies were injured. They just need to have such a trade lined-up or get one back when they trade a goalie.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
Wouldn’t that simply recreate the Oilers current problem here ?

I’m all for giving him whatever salary he wants as an UFA ($12-15M ? done ! ) but if we need to trade Guhle, Dach & Caufield, yes we get the better player but would we really be a significantly better team after ?

Just feels lately that depth is almost as important during the playoffs run, all it takes is a cheap shot on your star and you’re out.

We had a great cup run but the 3 teams we beat were missing one of their top6 C.
I get what you're saying but we are talking Mcdavid here... best player ever.

Guhle and Dach is a solid base, 2 proven nhl ready top prospects. Very enticing for EDM... And very replacable on habs end. Add a first rounder or 2 or another D prospect and the offer is as good as it gets.

We still have quality everywhere, our pipline is already deep and we have the assets for a great pitch if it ever gets there....

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I get what you're saying but we are talking Mcdavid here... best player ever.

Guhle and Dach is a solid base, 2 proven nhl ready top prospects. Very enticing for EDM... And very replacable on habs end. Add a first rounder or 2 or another D prospect and the offer is as good as it gets.

We still have quality everywhere, our pipline is already deep and we have the assets for a great pitch if it ever gets there....
Guhle is not easily replaceable but if he gets hurt again it might be worth moving him.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
If he or Draisaitl are dealt, I agree Buffalo makes a lot of sense

It is the way forward for Edmonton. If Holland is smart, Edmonton can easily retool and become a better all around team after that trade.

RNH-Draisaitl-Kane
Benson-Cozens-Hyman

Still plenty of cash to upgrade G or D

Reactions: themilosh

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Time for a new thread. It's no longer off-season.

Savard & Allen are must trades at TDL.
I doubt he's trading Allen, just gave him a big contract. Monahan and Savard my bets to be moved. Pearson too, he's taking a roster spot away from a young forward. Who can use the ice time. We can judge him better

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I doubt he's trading Allen, just gave him a big contract. Monahan and Savard my bets to be moved. Pearson too, he's taking a roster spot away from a young forward. Who can use the ice time. We can judge him better
The Habs don't want to stay with 3 goalies for much longer, once they sign Monty, Allen is gone. Or they trade Monty because he's asking too much.

It's going to be before the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad