Confirmed with Link: Trade: Peter Budaj & Patrick Holland for Eric Tangradi (mod warning post #863)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I guess we can cross player for player trade off of Chevy's list now.

I think this helps us in goal. No idea about the other guy coming our way.

Mtl fans will be upset it seems there big move was to acquire a 4th liner for a good backup.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
This is a pretty solid trade i think

2 players for 1

Edit# Habs are my #2, Holland is prob more AHL than tangradi, but Holland is young and could crack a top 6 fwd ahl role. He makes smart plays. If he can crack nhl he would be a smart player. Not bad given the trade imo. Budaj is a solid backup, I think he could give Pav a solid look.

what does this mean for hutch?

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Well that gets their one-way contract in the farm off the books.
sneaky sneaky. nicely done.
What are these guys' contracts like?

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Weird. What happens to Hutch Drej now?

You have ONE job Romang. one job :shakehead

6zBB2ue.gif

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Well that gets their one-way contract in the farm off the books.
sneaky sneaky. nicely done.
What are these guys' contracts like?

Budaj last year $1.4M caphit
Holland final year of ELC $640k caphit

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Habs fan dropping in..

You guys win this deal in terms of players, but Montreal needed to make room for Dustin Tokarski and Mike Condon. Condon needed to start in the AHL and Tokarski would have had to clear waivers. Pretty simple to see what Bergevin had to do.

Tangradi sucks, we know that. He's going right to Hamilton where he should be alright.

I actually think Holland is also a better player than Tangradi. Holland is 22-years-old and looked pretty good in his 5 NHL games this year. He's not a fancy player and he's not going to put up a ton of points in the NHL, but I think he can make it as a guy who won't hurt you whatsoever. Think of him as a great #13 forward who can play when needed and take a regular shift.

In the AHL, he should be Top-6. Our Hamilton coach is god awful. Ignore last year's production, he'll put up 30-50 points in the AHL this year, IMO.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Newest icecap jersey just became holland. This is a great trade for the icecaps and the jets but more so the caps. Welcome back hutch

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Budaj is not particularly good and was easily 3rd best in Montreal. Maybe Holland is the player Chevvy really wanted, and he had to take on Budaj to get him.

Low cost move though, so stakes are not high.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Habs fan dropping in..

You guys win this deal in terms of players, but Montreal needed to make room for Dustin Tokarski and Mike Condon. Condon needed to start in the AHL and Tokarski would have had to clear waivers. Pretty simple to see what Bergevin had to do.

Tangradi sucks, we know that. He's going right to Hamilton where he should be alright.

I actually think Holland is also a better player than Tangradi. Holland is 22-years-old and looked pretty good in his 5 NHL games this year. He's not a fancy player and he's not going to put up a ton of points in the NHL, but I think he can make it as a guy who won't hurt you whatsoever. Think of him as a great #13 forward who can play when needed and take a regular shift.

In the AHL, he should be Top-6. Our Hamilton coach is god awful. Ignore last year's production, he'll put up 30-50 points in the AHL this year, IMO.

unfortunately the jets are set at the useless 13th forward position.

This is a AHL trade with a backup goalie thrown in.

EDIT: BUT WHO CARES!

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Patrick Holland scouting report from THN,

SCOUTING REPORT
Assets: Has good offensive touch around the net, so he can become a decent scorer in the National Hockey League. Can play both wing and center, which also helps. Shoots the puck with aplomb.

Flaws: Isn't overly big, so he needs to get physically stronger in order to maximize his offensive upside at the highest level. Also, he definitely needs to work on his defensive play if used at center.

Career Potential: Versatile forward with some upside.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
So, Jets get a backup goalie that will likely be taken off the waiver wire and a low cost AHL'er on a two way contract in exchange for a guy they would have paid $700k To play for the Caps. Montreal gets a $700k AHL'er. Something is off here. Montreal could have just walked away from Budaj if he was taken off waivers. What is in it for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad