Confirmed with Link: [TRADE] Max Domi, Dylan Wells to DAL; 2025 2nd & Khudobin to CHI

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I've never loved the player, not very good defensively and takes way to many penalties for a guy who doesn't really hit. But his playmaking talent is wonderful and Dallas has desperately needed that for a while. Should fit in really well with Seguin offensively.

Reactions: Elysian

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Count me in the camp of this isn't Dallas' best year to go all in. As long as Suter is killing everything. Faska is a pretend good player, and Dallas' over all blue line is lackluster, trading blue chip assets is a bad idea. That's especially true in a down year in the West. Why shove all in when arguably you've got a legit shot to make it the the Cup Finals without doing so, saving your best pieces to add to an already good roster next season.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I don't want to sound ungrateful, because Nill did better than most finding deals that address weaknesses at minimal costs. But man, this is the weakest the western conference has ever been and regardless of whether the team gets better or worse in the following years, this is the easiest pathway the Stars will ever have and it would have been nice to upgrade the blueline.

Reactions: David Castillo

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Thoughts on Domi thus far?

A victim of the Marchment-Seguin line getting taken away too soon? Getting unlucky? Has to play with Faksa? Bad defensively, as advertised? Just needs time?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Thoughts on Domi thus far?

A victim of the Marchment-Seguin line getting taken away too soon? Getting unlucky? Has to play with Faksa? Bad defensively, as advertised? Just needs time?

His point totals would definitely be higher if he didn't lose his line right away, but imo he still doesn't look settled in, or maybe it's just part of his game and I haven't seen enough of him to know that. Lots of turnovers, lots of risky plays. Honestly think that's just his game tho. Definitely not great defensively but about what I expected there. I still like the speed and playmaking ability he brings, he just needs to get some chemistry going with his line.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
It doesn't help that he's gone from being featured on Chicago's #1 PP to playing on the 2nd unit here where the coaches have given up on having a functional secondary unit after going the entire season failing to identify who should be running it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad