Confirmed with Link: [TRADE] Max Domi, Dylan Wells to DAL; 2025 2nd & Khudobin to CHI

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
It's an acceptable price. With Chicago taking Khudobin back it's essentially like a 3rd rounder in true cost. Not the biggest fan of the player (and especially not the apparent simplistic rationale of "he played good against us last week") but it does make the team better.

You'd have to think the hoped-for Game 1 roster now looks like:

Roberston-Hintz-Pavelski
Benn-Johnston-Dadonov
Marchment-Domi-Seguin
Kiviranta-Faksa-Dellandrea

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
It's an acceptable price. With Chicago taking Khudobin back it's essentially like a 3rd rounder in true cost. Not the biggest fan of the player (and especially not the apparent simplistic rationale of "he played good against us last week") but it does make the team better.

Roberston-Hintz-Pavelski
Benn-Johnston-Dadonov
Marchment-Domi-Seguin

Seguin is only gonna be getting ice time while killing penalties for his 2 linemates. :laugh:

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018

Roberston-Hintz-Pavelski
Benn-Johnston-Dadonov
Marchment-Domi-Seguin
That 3rd line going to have a -1000 goal differential

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
So he’s going to play with Seguin but does he play wing or Center? If he plays wing, either him or Marchment are going to have to play their off wing. Apparently he isn’t good defensively so you probably do not want him at Center.

Let’s get crazy:
Robo - Hintz - March
Benn - Wyatt - Daddy
Domi - Seguin - Pavelski

Reactions: Jackattack030

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
That move makes me happy. Not a bad price at all and most importantly in this bonus year, Dallas didn't sell any of their big pieces going forward. There's absolutely room now for both Harley and Stankoven to make this roster next year and make it better.

Nill gets a lot of flack but that was a good price to pay for an above average player that won't wreck the cap going forward. Well done. We didn't overpay.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Just curious since it obviously doesn't matter, but of the players remaining ... would you have preferred JVR or Domi?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Love this.

Gurianov, Khudobin, and a 2nd for Dadonov and Domi? Fantastic. I'm glad we aren't dumping assets into rentals like the East is, but we did need some additional scoring. This is probably the best value we could've got.

We actually end up saving real dollars with this trade as well, assuming nothing is retained on either side.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Actually I didn't account for whoever the AHL goalie is. I'm gonna guess it'll be Dylan Wells or Alex Stalock, in which case the money in versus money out is equivalent.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
I like Domi at center with Benn and Johnston. They should be able to cover for him defensively. Also put Domi on the 2nd unit in Marchment's place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad