Proposal: Trade Letang Malkin Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
This thread makes Jeff Goldblum cry, you NEVER make Jeff Goldblum cry.
jeff goldblum reaction gif | WiffleGif

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Actually I'm gonna back track, can we archive this thread, this has the potential to join such legends as Dustin Rose, Petr Prucha is better then Crosby and Olli Jokinen/Turkey Girl as an all time Hall of Fame HFThread.

since70

Sep 27, 2016
If you can get great value for Malkin and Letang you trade them, but Crosby stays here even if he needs a wheelchair to get to the ice. I think Letang is about 5 years past his due date, and Malkin right now doesn't move the needle much right now.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
During trade deadline, EJ Hradek was on local radio. Boy did he a have a negative (realistic?) view of the Pens. Basically every Pen the host asked about, EJ felt they had negative value. Of course first talked about Guentzel, and he said, "yeah, he's a great player, but he's a rental, he's not going to bring back much." Turned out he was right.

Then all the other Pens, it was "well they have term, no one is going to want that contract", haha. Said, Letang, negative value, Malkin negative value. Even Jarry he felt wouldn't attract much because of his term.

The host never asked about Sid. Guessing cause he didn't feel it was realistic the Pens would move him.

EJ's view was basically, Pens are screwed, the sooner they blow it up, the better.

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
It's nice hockey time, Crosby has more to give, it nice if Crosby changes the environment, it's SC and rumor, Crosby is going to new team are felt.

Last edited:

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
It's nice hockey time, Crosby has more to give, it nice if Crosby changes the environment, it's SC and rumor, Crosby is going to new team are felt.
Yeah you've been saying this on repeat for the past 3 pages have anything original or are you just gonna parrot yourself?

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Yeah you've been saying this on repeat for the past 3 pages have anything original or are you just gonna parrot yourself?

I'm here because of discussions.

I'm feeling a new era in the Penguins if three names it's say three top players lost.

Smaller famous players and younger players can work coupled.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
During trade deadline, EJ Hradek was on local radio. Boy did he a have a negative (realistic?) view of the Pens. Basically every Pen the host asked about, EJ felt they had negative value. Of course first talked about Guentzel, and he said, "yeah, he's a great player, but he's a rental, he's not going to bring back much." Turned out he was right.

Then all the other Pens, it was "well they have term, no one is going to want that contract", haha. Said, Letang, negative value, Malkin negative value. Even Jarry he felt wouldn't attract much because of his term.

The host never asked about Sid. Guessing cause he didn't feel it was realistic the Pens would move him.

EJ's view was basically, Pens are screwed, the sooner they blow it up, the better.

This is the reality.

But I disagree with the bottom point.

Yeah, Jake's outright refusal to talk extension, with the Pens or otherwise, f***ed his value.

Also Kyle Dubas wanting one of his old players and trying to make it a "win now" trade without being creative about it.

Look at Washington. I'm not a big Sandin guy, but that's what they did last deadline. Traded Hathaway and Orlov for a return and then immediately flipped pieces for a younger player.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

This maybe gives more credence to the idea that "people are f***ing stupid".

Guentzel, as a rental, brought back: An NHL roster player who is top 6 capable, a 2nd round pick prospect, another 2nd round pick prospect, a 4th round pick who is PPG as a fresh/soph in the NCAA, ANOTHER 2nd round pick which could become a 1st, and a 5th.

This idea that we didn't get a good return on Guentzel is so f***ing stupid that it makes me question if majority of these idiots are even real. This non-sense has been repeated enough times to make em think it's the work of some eastern block country troll farm.

Letang and Malkin do not have negative value. They have value to the Penguins but that's not necessarily the same as the value they would have to other teams. Remember, it only takes 1 team to make a trade with. I would bet that of the 31 available teams, there is 100% a team that would take Letang at $6.1mil. I would also take the wager on Malkin. That doesn't mean teams are lining up to give us a haul for these guys but the idea that we would have to pay to get rid of them (which is usually what negative value indicates) is utter non-sense. The fact that Dubas isn't out shopping them is no not an indicator of value. "Well Dubas can't trade them because they have negative value" is a completely baseless claim to make.

There were reports that teams were calling about Jarry, Neds, and Blomqvist prior to the TDL. What those teams are willing to pay is anyone's guess but I have to assume if Saros and Markstrom are being talked about in the 1st+ category, Jarry is easily on par or a smidge behind. But then we get into the discussion about perception of the returns.

Jake brings back a roster player, 3 2nds, a 4th, and a 5th and people are crying because we didn't a 1st. How stupid can you be? So if Jarry brings back a lone 1st, I would be a bit disappointed since the asking price on Markstrom was 1st+Holtz which NJ seemed okay to do. If Jarry brought back a 2nd+prospect on par with Holtz, that would be a massive win but who knows if that would be considered a good return or not to moron like this who thinks Letang and Malkin have negative value and that Jake didn't return much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad