Proposal: Trade for D

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
They need to do something I think because this defense and goaltending isn't going to work come playoff time if they get there

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Would you trade either Faulk, Hanifin, or Pesce to the Isles for Beauvillier?
I would. That team is desperate for a quality forward. Beau could be a star there for years. I think it is a fair deal.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Maybe another three-way? I am sure Montreal would at the very least "think" about overpaying for Beau..French Canadian pride runs deep. I could totally see them drop Galch and a few picks or something else.(yes, I know, they don't have a lot of "something else").... Galch doesn't have to be involved...I'm just giving an example...could be for Mete, which makes sense for us.

I doubt Beau will be traded straight up for Hanifin, which is the only player, I'd be open to trading for..

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
Not completely convinced that our defensive failures are not system related. Can we use an elite defenseman? Yes. But I think this group can play way better then they are playing. This is a new system and I'm not sure everyone has bought into it yet.

Reactions: bigtim1988 and dood

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Maybe another three-way? I am sure Montreal would at the very least "think" about overpaying for Beau..French Canadian pride runs deep. I could totally see them drop Galch and a few picks or something else.(yes, I know, they don't have a lot of "something else").... Galch doesn't have to be involved...I'm just giving an example...could be for Mete, which makes sense for us.

I doubt Beau will be traded straight up for Hanifin, which is the only player, I'd be open to trading for..

Can we stop making it seem like Beau is a star in the making? the difference between Beau and Barzal is a mile wide and a mile long right now. Beau had 24 points last year and is 2/2 so far this year. He's pretty much a heck of a 3rd line center potentially but until he shows a lot more that's about it.

He wouldn't fetch any of Carolina's stud defense prospects right now.

Let's not be like so many other team threads here who look at ALL of our prospects as headed for Top 6 and Top 4 roles because they are that damn good. That's just unrealistic.

As for the original premise of the thread, I'd love to find an experienced Top 4 defender like a Marc Methot to allow us to move on from Hickey, who is now plateaued as a bottom pairing. An upgrade on DeHaan would be desirable too. Ho-Sang and DeHaan for a Doug Hamilton or Chris Tanev would be the type of trade I'm talking about.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
beauvillier wouldnt be close to nab one of those guys-----beau and a 1st probably could get a top 4 from someone and is something i would seriously consider--we need a top 4 d

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
The problem with trading for defense right now is that the teams that will be the bottom feeders at the deadline are Arizona, Florida, Buffalo, Edmonton and possibly Carolina.

If those are the teams, the best dmen are not going to be traded (OEL, Ekblad, Ristolainen, Klefbom) because they are as young as the prospects we would be trading

Carolina is probably not trading their guys, they have played less games I think they are going to make the playoffs this year

So who is left

Jason Demers - is he even worthy enough to play over CDH?
Keith Yandle - short term solution at best, and probably will cost a good pick or two

I would be wary of dealing futures since he may need futures to step up to fill in the roster spots next season

That being said, I would deal Beau/JHS and 2 firsts for Aaron Ekblad

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I'd like to see a few games with a healthy Pelech and Mayfield in the line-up along with Leddy, Boychuk, deHaan, and Pulock before we made any trades. But since it seems like we're one good Dman away from really making some noise, I'm not outright opposed to a trade.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I'd like to see a few games with a healthy Pelech and Mayfield in the line-up along with Leddy, Boychuk, deHaan, and Pulock before we made any trades. But since it seems like we're one good Dman away from really making some noise, I'm not outright opposed to a trade.

One good dman and a hot goalie... it is all about Tampa... that team owns us and Kucherov really ticked Isles off last year, after they killed us 4 times early last season, he said he wished he could play the Isles every night.

I also am thinking the way we blow out teams these days, you need an enforcer on the ice, in games where you are up 3-5 goals and still have half a game to play, our players like to pad their states, we can live with Ross Johnston and not use him in regular shifts but run him regularly when we have a 3 goal or more lead. HIs offensive production will be similar to what either Kulemin or Chimera put up today.

Reactions: mm11

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If COL goes into full rebuild mode then a guy like Barrie could be available. Garth and Joe Pt II.

Reactions: bigtim1988

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
One good dman and a hot goalie... it is all about Tampa... that team owns us and Kucherov really ticked Isles off last year, after they killed us 4 times early last season, he said he wished he could play the Isles every night.

I also am thinking the way we blow out teams these days, you need an enforcer on the ice, in games where you are up 3-5 goals and still have half a game to play, our players like to pad their states, we can live with Ross Johnston and not use him in regular shifts but run him regularly when we have a 3 goal or more lead. HIs offensive production will be similar to what either Kulemin or Chimera put up today.

Ross Johnston is garbage and should be nowhere near this team. You do not need an enforcer in today's NHL and if the team did, they could do better than Johnston. Mayfield and Boychuk are more than enough on the defensive side of things, both of whom are willing to drop the gloves when necessary. Ladd, Lee, and Kulemin can all drop the gloves on the offensive side. That's more than enough. Is anybody really afraid of those guys? No, not really, as they're not heavyweights. No team is intimidated by Ross Johnston being in the lineup either and that actually helps the opposition because 1) He can't really play 2) He'll just rack up PIMs.

Reactions: MJF and Strummergas

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Ross Johnston is garbage and should be nowhere near this team. You do not need an enforcer in today's NHL and if the team did, they could do better than Johnston. Mayfield and Boychuk are more than enough on the defensive side of things, both of whom are willing to drop the gloves when necessary. Ladd, Lee, and Kulemin can all drop the gloves on the offensive side. That's more than enough. Is anybody really afraid of those guys? No, not really, as they're not heavyweights. No team is intimidated by Ross Johnston being in the lineup either and that actually helps the opposition because 1) He can't really play 2) He'll just rack up PIMs.

Good teams that can roll 9 forwards that can score goals, like where we are now for the most part can carry a goon. I would hate for one of our guys to get injured in a lopsided game because the other team is being humiliated and there is 28 minutes of action left. Isles can score fast and get big leads (completely unchartered territory since Reagan was in office), the very good teams in the league carry a guy who can fight and is intimidating, Pitt got Reaves for a reason... Nashville got McLeod last year... Anaheim has Boll, watch Tampa acquire a guy at the deadline this year,

I don't want Mayfield, Lee, or Ladd dropping the gloves and getting hurt like Hamonic did last year... and Kulemin doesn't even know how to make a fist, he has more estrogen than Jane Nelson. Kulemin has never fought as an Islander. I am not saying to start Johnston every game, but rotate him on the 4th line with Chimera. Let's say Isles have Sabres on the calendar for a home game, you put Johnston in the lineup, Isles will decimate them and the last thing we need is Evander Kane punking out Eberle who is trying to get a hat trick in the 2nd periond.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl

I am counting the games tough guys run Barzal or even JT. Thought that big Russian whatever his name is on Colorado was going to target #13 whom was buzzing all night.... I think its a great idea to have a policeman lurking around the corner.....

Reactions: IODCPiper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad