Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Offseason Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
He's still one of the better PP point man in the league so he does have some value left. He's bad at pretty much everything else now sadly. We'd have to really shelter him and give him calculated minutes.
We do have precedence with Erik Gustafsson. As long as he's not that much of a liability as Gus, I'll happily take Yandle (pending on the contract)

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I think Savard makes sense. He seems to fit what we are doing. I wonder if Fleury or Brook will get a proper shot at making the team?
It'd be nice, but for some reason they've completely disregarded Fleury. I thought he was playing decent before they sent him by the wayside.

Brook, I haven't watched enough of him but a player of his type is desperately needed (an offensive type who can be good on the PP if given a shot).

Reactions: McGees

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Seattle is not going to touch that LTIR contract and gamble on 5 years (5 years at $8M) whey they feel we are bluffing and he returns for the playoffs.

No... I think that the habs are ok with exposing him and lose him to Seattle if he's declare medically unfit to return. I don't think Seattle would take him... but again it's all about value. What is the value of Weber's contract in a future deal to a team with cap issue vs the value of a Byron, Allen or Lehkonen?

Let say they could get a late 1st at a trade deadline for his contract. what is more valuable then??

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No... I think that the habs are ok with exposing him and lose him to Seattle if he's declare medically unfit to return. I don't think Seattle would take him... but again it's all about value. What is the value of Weber's contract in a future deal to a team with cap issue vs the value of a Byron, Allen or Lehkonen?

Let say they could get a late 1st at a trade deadline for his contract. what is more valuable then??

Honestly, I don't consider that value. I consider it risky to move and you could get caught

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
It'd be nice, but for some reason they've completely disregarded Fleury. I thought he was playing decent before they sent him by the wayside.

Brook, I haven't watched enough of him but a player of his type is desperately needed (an offensive type who can be good on the PP if given a shot).

Brook had a very good year in Laval. Fleury not so much... didn't play much. Brook gained momentum as the year went on and made big gains. Do both those guys need to clear waivers? I guess losing Juulsen might hurt more this year...

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
No thanks. Better options available out there. Not even sure I'd take him as a last resort as he's no longer a number 1 but gets paid like one. I wouldn't trust him to anchor our D more than Petry so why give to get a player lesser than you already have but makes way more. Pass.
I understand the lack of entusiasm , but hes still at 0.5ppg on an very average Arizona team eating 20 mins of ice time against top opposition.
I'd wager his point total increases and he could help in the puck moving aspect of things....

Otherwise....standing pat is a good way to try and draft high , but we have almost 30m to Spend.

LW and D are the needs but what's our credible alternative.

More 2nd pair Ds wont matter much (Leddy Hamnic etc), no 3rd pair Ds its 1-2 or standpat......

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
So you move the contract only to LTIR after the season starts? Use it to be at the cap before the season starts? Seems logical I guess cause the Coyotes did trade for the Hossa contract

Not 100% sure how that works. Can you move them off and on of LTIR each off season? Or once they are on LTIR, they are stuck there unless healthy again?

My understanding is that LTIR only kicks in on day one of the season, but as you know the contract still count against the cap at all time, so the team can only access the extra cap when the season starts. So during the offseason, you can use the 10% "over the cap" and that is it.

I think the league re-assess all players on LTIR and only the one that have been declare unfit to return (like Kesler) may be exempt. I believe the Kucherov had to give regular update on his status to the NHL during the last season.

So Weber to the Coyotes would mean that they get the full cap hit, but dont pay the actual salary as the insurance would do it, and if on day 1 of the season they need to go over the cap they can by the value of his contract (that wont happen due to internal budget).

But MTL only trade Weber if he's never returning..... so he may or may not get the NHL exemption, but he would stay on LTIR or retire if he leave mtl.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Lehkonen would be protected in my scenario.

Gallagher
Anderson
Toffoli
Anderson
Lehkonen
Evans
One of Drouin/signed Danault/signed Perry

Exposed: Byron and another player signed (Drouin or Perry)

Kotkaniemi?

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
If Hamilton is not an option, MB has to kick the tires on Jones. If he’s willing to sign here, then prepare a package.

KK, 1st, prospect, +

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Upgrade on Gustafsson, but sucks defensively and afraid to take a hit.

Gus was a defensive liability while we were on the PP!

So as long as Yandle isn't that, I'd sign him to a cheap deal if he wants to come here.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
OEL has to waive his NMC and he said he’d do it for Boston and Van. Don’t see how he’s any less of a dream than Jones or Hamilton.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I understand the lack of entusiasm , but hes still at 0.5ppg on an very average Arizona team eating 20 mins of ice time against top opposition.
I'd wager his point total increases and he could help in the puck moving aspect of things....

Otherwise....standing pat is a good way to try and draft high , but we have almost 30m to Spend.

LW and D are the needs but what's our credible alternative.

More 2nd pair Ds wont matter much (Leddy Hamnic etc), no 3rd pair Ds its 1-2 or standpat......
I agree. But I don’t see him as a no. 1 who you’d anchor your entire D around. Think Petry is better, already part of the core and cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad