Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Try to get Vince Dunn, lose Chiarot to Seattle, trade Drouin, sign Chara lol

I honestly think Danno needs to walk

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Then NJ won’t draft Beniers if they really want to keep Hischier. Drafting 3 centres 1st round is a recipe for conflict.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Then NJ won’t draft Beniers if they really want to keep Hischier. Drafting 3 centres 1st round is a recipe for conflict.
Rarely will all drafted centre’s pan out. The more the merrier amd worst case, you trade your 3rd favourite for another asset(s) and they have high value. If I was a GM, I’d almost always err on the side of drafting centres.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
1. Eichel
2. Ovechkin
3. Tarasenko
4. Landeskog
1. We won't get Eichel without including Suzuki or Caufield. They are probably asking for both too.
2. OV would be great, but can't see him signing for anything over 1 year.
3. Tarasenko needs to be dirt cheap for me to be interested in him
4. Landeskog will be likely resign

Reactions: Saxon

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Definitely interested in a Tarasenko trade AFTER the expansion draft. Boy, do we ever need a quality left shot winger. Guy can pass too.

Think we go 4D, 4F for expansion. Chiarot, Weber, Petry, Edmundson, Gallagher, Toffoli, Kotkaniemi, and Anderson.

We'll see who Seattle takes, but I wonder if we can move Drouin for Tarasenko. Blues have no 2nd or 4th round pick this year either.

Drouin, Lehkonen, 2021 2nd & 4th round draft picks and a B prospect for Tarasenko and a 2022 3rd round draft pick.

Salaries should be close to matching up.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
1. We won't get Eichel without including Suzuki or Caufield. They are probably asking for both too.
2. OV would be great, but can't see him signing for anything over 1 year.
3. Tarasenko needs to be dirt cheap for me to be interested in him
4. Landeskog will be likely resign
Not none team is gonna give up a package like Suzuki and Caufield for eichel
Kk and Caufield I would do. Not Suzuki
He’s gonna go for prospects or Kakko or lafraniere plus picks

Reactions: blarneylad

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Not as high on Dunn. Gut feel, but admittedly didn't see him play last 2 years.more than a few shifts.
Just what I've read and more so what I saw when he was in the OHL

Should be interesting to watch this play out. Ill just guess it'll be a player not mentioned often here.
Drop the obvious contracts ( Dru/Tatar )
Let Armia walk if ya can grab Kilorn ( or equivalent type )
Sign Perry 1 yr @ 1mil if he is interested.
D, who knows.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think the trap we need to avoid is overpaying Danault.

I really like him as a player but he will get more than he should.

I would move away from him and promote Poehling and possibly get a cheap veteran center on a 1 year deal for support. Possibly Brassard.

For the rest, I would have a wait and see approach. I think after the first few big signings the price will stabilize and we could get bargains because most team are close to the cap. I know we have grown to appreciate the likes of Armia and Perry but if they ask for more than the market it would not be worth it especially if it's longterm. Maybe, even, yes re-sign a guy like Tatar on a cheap 1 year deal. I think there will be a few steal later on as there are a lot of players available and few competitors that can offer what we have, a decent cast and good center.

I think the best option for this year offseason is patience. If we can get the right deal we will be fine and if we continue merging some younger player to the team it will be even better for the long run. At least with KK, Suzuki and Caufield there is hope beyond Price/Weber.

Edit: I would also highly consider buying out Byron contract.

Last edited:

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
No way I'm trading Caufield or Suzuki.
Really? You wouldn’t trade Caulfield for eichel? A ppg centre. Pure craziness. No offence man
Great centres make average wingers look good.
In a heartbeat cusdield and kk and prospect and pick for eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad