Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Offseason Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
We have the cap room and assets to pull it off. Nobody is trading a Suzuki quality for Eichel. Most will offer futures package but most don't have the cap space either.

I think it would cost alot, as in a KK+1st+2nd+ a top prospect. I do agree it wont be a guy like Suz/Caufield though.

Too much info is out on Eichel on his health and his unhappiness in Buffalo

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think it would cost alot, as in a KK+1st+2nd+ a top prospect. I do agree it wont be a guy like Suz/Caufield though.

I'd easily offer KK, 2021 1st, 2022 1st, and another prospect. Eichel/Suzuki/Danault with Price for 3/4 good years, decent amount of vets still, and that youth on D coming? Yeah, I'd make this all in move

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

With Eichel's playing career in jeopardy, it would be foolish to trade for him at this point. Just my opinion though

Reactions: Schooner Guy

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If we can get Jack Eichel and keep Nick Suzuki. That would be the best heritage by Marc Bergevin when is going to retire. (KK + Romanov/Guhle + 2 1st pick is maybe a good offer).

Imagine having

Eichel
Suzuki
Evans
Poehling

That would be... nasty.

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Trade Drouin for Schmidt
Sign Hamilton
Back to the Cup ….
I would rather trade Drouin for Letang in the last year of his contract pick up 50% of Drouin's contract that would save Penguins 4.5 million so they can go get another d-man and Letang could run the PP and if he played well could re-sign him to a short term deal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
When Suzuki, KK, Caufield, Romanov are in their prime? That’s the time frame this team should be building around.

Prime years are important yes but in 3 years, none of them are 24+. I just don't see a liquidation sale on the contracts we have as an option. Would have to retain and take less value in return and it's risky. Most GM's would try in this 3/4 year with with Price and then do a reset/retool after that.

The other angle of it is to add players while those kids are on ELC/Bridge years and we still have Price. The key is making sure that any player we sign has the right term that falls in line with our direction. This is why I say 3/4 years for Danault and allow him to cash in his early 30's with a much higher salary cap. I think he considers it

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Prime years are important yes but in 3 years, none of them are 24+. I just don't see a liquidation sale on the contracts we have as an option. Would have to retain and take less value in return and it's risky. Most GM's would try in this 3/4 year with with Price and then do a reset/retool after that.

I’m also not saying to sell everything now. Just look at adding with building around the young core. It means not adding contracts like OEL, which will probably be a bad contract in 3-4 years.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I'm sure they'd prefer to trade him as far away as possible. Habs just have to come up with the best offer.

I'm just leary about trading for him , because i think he ends up in Boston when he has a chance as a UFA....So you're goona get 5 years of him and chances are he is out after that.
Is 5 years worth paying a huge price?

He said he would like to play for his hometown team someday...be a dream ./

For that reason alone i would pass...lol

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’m also not saying to sell everything now. Just look at adding with building around the young core. It means not adding contracts like OEL, which will probably be a bad contract in 3-4 years.

I'm not sure with OEL to be honest. What I see is a lean player who has age 30-36 years left. I think that ages well. I also think he still has his skill and shot from the point and his numbers have slipped cause he is on a crappy team that focuses on defense more than we do! Regardless, he has to be open to come to Montreal and we have to agree on a trade. Hard to say as fans but I feel he's a good option vs thinking we can get Hamilton or Jones or even Lindholm.

Very curious to see how this off season plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad