Speculation: Trade, FA & Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I'm not sure that Maurice will be quick to bench Beaulieu off the start. Maybe if he struggles. But Mau is pretty high on him as a player. Maurice credited him with a lot of our (limited) success, and other than the stint he had playing his offside with Bitetto, he gave a boost to the lineup every time he came back. I do agree that Forbort seems to be the fallback on Samberg. There's no sense yet whether the Jets want to keep Heinola with the organization this year. Starting him at d+2 ensures that we are going to get prime years out of him. Samberg seems to be the priority this year to get into the lineup. But if there is a prospect we have that can win a job on his talent this year, it's probably Heinola.

He was so high on him that he gave him the 9th highest toi/g for defenceman last year hah

Reactions: surixon

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
He was so high on him that he gave him the 9th highest toi/g for defenceman last year hah

8th, and that was because Poolman was playing top pairing with Morrissey, early in the year. Heinola played with Pionk for a cup of coffee, and Sbisa was bumped up with Pionk while Kulikov was out. From the time De Melo came over he was consistently 5th or higher on the team in ice time, as part of the top PK unit.

If you listen to interviews with Maurice about Beaulieu you get some perspective on what the coach thinks about him.
The one thing that stands out is the Jets paid more for Beaulieu than Forbort, in the offseason, and gave him more term, if you are looking at numbers. There will be more competition for the 2LD and 3LD spots than last year that, much is a guarantee.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
8th, and that was because Poolman was playing top pairing with Morrissey, early in the year. Heinola played with Pionk for a cup of coffee, and Sbisa was bumped up with Pionk while Kulikov was out. From the time De Melo came over he was consistently 5th or higher on the team in ice time, as part of the top PK unit.

If you listen to interviews with Maurice about Beaulieu you get some perspective on what the coach thinks about him.
The one thing that stands out is the Jets paid more for Beaulieu than Forbort, in the offseason, and gave him more term, if you are looking at numbers. There will be more competition for the 2LD and 3LD spots than last year that, much is a guarantee.
BooBoo should be our 7th defenseman if you ask me, he's not a very good player. I'm very much hoping Forbort is better than BooBoo because if not Samberg better be ready to be our 4th .

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Expansion draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad