Trade, FA & Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
We still don't know if he is or isn't making the team. He's in tonight and on the second pp unit over Pionk so maybe his pp prowess has played himself on.

Agree, and unless we're getting an equal aged and talented forward, not sure what the hurry is.

I see Kovacevic is on waivers today. Habs fans talking about selecting him.
I hope he doesn't get claimed. Not the end of the world, but we don't have a huge stable of RHD with some size.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
Need to send down or trade one player away, Stanley to Edmonton or Ottawa has many possibilities

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
What's in it for Montreal? There is nothing there for them. Less than nothing. They spend more money and gain zip.
How do you see that? Schmidt is a good D and a mentor for guhle

Dvorak is now a 3C not the 1C they traded for… he’s likely behind Suzuki and dach this year or next…

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Schmidt brings leadership pedigree and personality to the room. He also produces on the ice and seems to enjoy it here.

I think you move pionk because Schmidt can replace his production at a similar cost. I'm not sure what pionk returns... definitely a 1st but... what on top of that and what do we need really? A wheels replacement in 2 seasons? Hello lambert. A center to likely replace 1 but not both of Scheifele or Dubois.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Kovacevic will never get roster spot on the Jets, just hasn't shown enough. Going to the Moose is in the best interest for Lambert needs to work on his all around game and he will get plenty of ice time with the Moose

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I'm sure Chychryn would report, but that trade really wouldn't make sense for the Coyotes. They want young assets as they really only began their rebuild last year. Pionk and a retained Wheeler for 2 years doesn't make sense for 3 years of control for a top-20-30 NHL defensemen. The first round pick and one of the young d-man, sure. But it would require another top prospect and another piece on top of that (might get away with a B or B+ prospect or 2nd round pick). Price you pay for a proven high-end defensemen like Chych.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015

From the article that you posted:

Johnsson & Pinho Placed on Waivers​

This brings us to today. At a minimum, 14 players have to be re-assigned. At 2 PM ET, the waiver wire news was released. Andreas Johnsson was on the list. A surprise of sorts given that Johnsson is a NHL veteran and has played 246 NHL games, 121 with the Devils. Not so surprising if you have seen Johnsson in preseason games this year. In short, he has been real bad. He has mishandled passes, misread plays, and been out of position well more often than a veteran of his experience should be. His underlying numbers - his one saving grace in his two seasons in New Jersey - for preseason have not been positive. I had high hopes for him solidifying the top-six at wing in the past. He has not provided the production or the performances to justify a solid spot on the New Jersey roster. As much as I want to believe he can be better than he has shown in this preseason, management has decided that he can prove that away from New Jersey. I cannot really fault them for the demotion.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

This brings us to today. At a minimum, 14 players have to be re-assigned. At 2 PM ET, the waiver wire news was released. Andreas Johnsson was on the list. A surprise of sorts given that Johnsson is a NHL veteran and has played 246 NHL games, 121 with the Devils. Not so surprising if you have seen Johnsson in preseason games this year. In short, he has been real bad. He has mishandled passes, misread plays, and been out of position well more often than a veteran of his experience should be. His underlying numbers - his one saving grace in his two seasons in New Jersey - for preseason have not been positive. I had high hopes for him solidifying the top-six at wing in the past. He has not provided the production or the performances to justify a solid spot on the New Jersey roster. As much as I want to believe he can be better than he has shown in this preseason, management has decided that he can prove that away from New Jersey. I cannot really fault them for the demotion.
I put much more stock in a 4 year track record with almost 250 games than 1 bad preseason reported by a blog. He is only $2.5 million cap and on an expiring contract, the Jets have enough space to make this a no-brainer if they are willing to move on from Toninato/Harkins. Even if it doesn't work out, a player like him gets flipped for atleast a 3rd at the deadline. Almost no downside to claiming him.

Reactions: hockeyarena

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg

Also from that article
If Johnsson is claimed, then he’s not the Devils’ problem anymore. If someone wants Johnsson without losing their spot in waiver claims and he is not on Johnsson’s no-trade list, then the Devils can ship him out for likely a minimum return. It may be harsh from a player perspective, but from a cap and money perspective, this is not a bad decision at all.

Ummm.... ;)

Reactions: NA Hockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad