Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs. Canucks - time to make Vancouver rainier than usual

Victor?

• Total voters

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Again, holy shit.

Makar too, sheesh.

Some pretty special talent available to watch these days.

So, let's get them on TV for playoffs at 10pm Eastern, right?
1715111273174.png

And definitely not Saturday nights when it was clearly possible, but apparently need to try to help get Demko closer to ready or something.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
i think one could argue holloway has higher hockey iq than foegle lol
sad but true

At least Holloway is young and there is growth potential... his stops and starts, 4-way skating is elite... should allow him to develop into an excellent two-way player if not a smothering shut down role player.

Foegele has proven again and again he refuses to play the north/south game he is perfectly suited for anytime he gets a sniff of offensive production.

For another club with a hardass coach... maybe Foegele can turn it around.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I was 11 years old at the time and even I knew that dealing him was telegraphed for at least a year leading up.

Broke this child's heart, but I knew it was coming.
I remember when teams would trade us rights to upcoming UFAs. Remember we got Mike Richter? My friends freaked out, I was like, no son - he isn't an Oiler, because I was hanging out on HFboards at the time and knew better!

although we did up with Corey Potter from that trade.

Reactions: K1984

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
i think one could argue holloway has higher hockey iq than foegle lol
I don't really agree with this. Holloway has relied a lot on his athleticism and doesn't do well "slowing the game down"

Foegele isn't great either so you aren't definitely are not wrong.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I kinda worry Holloway lacks the IQ and will defer to Mcdavid too much. I'd rather try Foegele

Holloway deserves his shot tho, even Janmark deserves his shot over Foegele
McDavid needs a solid, smart, decisive winger, otherwise it's going to be McDavid and some random winger passing the puck back and forth in the Ozone not shooting.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I remember when teams would trade us rights to upcoming UFAs. Remember we got Mike Richter? My friends freaked out, I was like, no son - he isn't an Oiler, because I was hanging out on HFboards at the time and knew better!

although we did up with Corey Potter from that trade.
that's the coolest profile pic in the history of HF...

"next"

Reactions: Kinibo

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
McDavid needs a solid, smart, decisive winger, otherwise it's going to be McDavid and some random winger passing the puck back and forth in the Ozone not shooting.
Don't be surprised if Kane finds his way onto McDavid's line.

I'm not so sure Henrique will be out.

The second line could end up as Draisaitl and two scientists. Nuge and Henrique.

my favourite part of it is that Leon didn't even score. He just knew the Kings were finished at that point.
My first thought was Drai would be awarded an automatic goal. It didn't even matter to him.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I don't really agree with this. Holloway has relied a lot on his athleticism and doesn't do well "slowing the game down"

Foegele isn't great either so you aren't definitely are not wrong.
yeah that was kind of my point, foegle is a dog that does what you tell him to he isnt creative

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
yeah that was kind of my point, foegle is a dog that does what you tell him to he isnt creative
I have to disagree.

I can't see any coach "not telling Foegele to get the puck in deep".

He refuses. He turns the puck over. He gets demoted.

Rinse and repeat.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Consumer distributors reminds me of the old Sask Liquor store when I went with my dad. Write the stock number on a slip of paper with a pencil and the union paid dude would walk into the storeroom, show you the bottle and quickly hide it in a paper bag and take your money.

ALCB used to be like that too.

Reactions: brentashton

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I kinda worry Holloway lacks the IQ and will defer to Mcdavid too much. I'd rather try Foegele

Holloway deserves his shot tho, even Janmark deserves his shot over Foegele
No need to worry. If you had watched the games he’s been playing there for a while,

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
My first thought was Drai would be awarded an automatic goal. It didn't even matter to him.
I thought that was the rule? Although I'm surprised he didn't shoot the puck. The EN would have been a hat trick and would have put LA down 2 with 20 seconds left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad