PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Unload all upcoming UFAs:

Filppula
Cleary
Miller
White
Huskins

Get all the picks and prospects possible, even if they are 7th rounders.

The only one we will miss is Fil, but the return for him will probably be pretty nice. And we have Tatar/ Nyquist/ Jarnkrok coming to fill his shoes soon.

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
I wonder what the price for Stafford would be. I think he'd be a great addition at the deadline for us. Wonder if we could swap Franzen for him?

I'm a Sabres fan first but I've watched a ton of the Wings this year and I think a Stafford to the Wings deal could make a lot of sense. I think Staff with either Datsyuk or Zetterberg could be a great combination, and he shouldn't be overly expensive (although this is ultra-patient Darcy Regier we're talking about). What about something like Andersson, 2013 3rd, and 2014 4th? Stafford's value might be higher than that in a bidding war on the open market, but I like Andersson and getting back multiple picks would be nice. Stafford might be able to fetch a low 1st or a 2nd and young player or prospect, but who knows.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
So... from Babcock:

“Bert and Helmer and Sammy (Mikael Samuelsson) have been on our roster, but I haven't seen them. It would be like a trade-deadline deal (getting one or two back). It would be unbelievable to have them."

Sounds familiar.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
implied-facepalm.jpg

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
So... from Babcock:

“Bert and Helmer and Sammy (Mikael Samuelsson) have been on our roster, but I haven't seen them. It would be like a trade-deadline deal (getting one or two back). It would be unbelievable to have them."

Sounds familiar.

Normally I'd be a bit annoyed but I kind of agree that getting Helm & Bert, both back at 100%, kind of is like a TD move :dunno:.

We aren't ready to go for the cup so trade some dead weight for picks and hope for the best once we make playoffs.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Helm is obviously a big boost, and so is Bert replacing one Abby on the second line.

But that just means Nyquist and Andersson are probably gone. Overall it's a very small net gain because we refuse to field the strongest team.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Normally I'd be a bit annoyed but I kind of agree that getting Helm & Bert, both back at 100%, kind of is like a TD move :dunno:.

We aren't ready to go for the cup so trade some dead weight for picks and hope for the best once we make playoffs.

I would agree about Bert and Helm. Now if we could trade the dead weight in the bottom 6 to bring up Nyquist and Tatar to play full time we would a) field a better team b) get some possible prospects for the future trading certain guys and c) know what we have for forming the team next year.

CloneHakanPlease*

I agree with ChadS completely.

Trading a (relative) low amount of assets for a buy low guy like Stafford or Robidas would be fine. Trading away a A-Level prospect and 1st for Iginla wouldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

garry1221

Mar 13, 2003
Walled Lake, Mi
Visit site
So... from Babcock:

Sounds familiar.

Nice to see a solid party line :help: The only thing I agree with is getting legit top 6ers back into the top 6.

Trade more likely if Wings do well in the next 6 games.

So if you want this team to do better, hope and pray for a good run.

Agree and disagree here. If we are buyers at the deadline, I only hope Kenny doesn't mortgage too much of the future to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad