Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Yeah Iginla to the Hawks is something I could definitely see. Of course the Flames always overvalue their guys so they could end up asking for too much and blow their shot at getting anything for him.

I hope you're right, Chicago is good enough already, the last thing we need is them adding Iginla.

Unless of course it costs them a ton, then it might not be so bad.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
So with Morrow getting Morrow, he is having a rough 1st season in the AHL, if we hit a rough patch, say a 5 game losing streak and we go 2-7-1 in the next 10, do we trade Filppula?

I've gotta think yes I mean look at the overpayments that are being thrown around. If we could have gotten someone like Morrow for Filppula I think we take it.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
So with Morrow getting Morrow, he is having a rough 1st season in the AHL, if we hit a rough patch, say a 5 game losing streak and we go 2-7-1 in the next 10, do we trade Filppula?

I've gotta think yes I mean look at the overpayments that are being thrown around. If we could have gotten someone like Morrow for Filppula I think we take it.

We could probably get Stamkos for Flip and White at this rate. Pittsburgh bent over and took it hard in this deal. It is obviously a sellers market. Best to get what we can for our depth now.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
We could probably get Stamkos for Flip and White at this rate. Pittsburgh bent over and took it hard in this deal. It is obviously a sellers market. Best to get what we can for our depth now.

And Steve does owe the Wings one for showing him the ropes for the first little bit of his front office career. I guess him trading us Stamkos for 2 pending UFAs makes us even. :sarcasm:

If a trade like that happened is the league able to veto the trade?

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
How about Ian White, Dan Cleary and a 3rd for Jagr and Pittsburgh's 5th?

All UFA's. Chance to resign if you like them. And we give up a 3rd and they give up a late 5th.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI

All UFA's. Chance to resign if you like them. And we give up a 3rd and they give up a late 5th.

What are you gonna use Jagr for for a month? He's old, won't re-sign (dude is greedy and only play for the team that pays the most which detroit won't and shouldn't)

I would rather have that 3rd rounder and draft a Athanasiou or similar that might give the red wings something in the FUTURE

Key word is FUTURE

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

Not sure why Dallas would want such a package. They could probably get a legit prospect or a first.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
What are you gonna use Jagr for for a month? He's old, won't re-sign (dude is greedy and only play for the team that pays the most which detroit won't and shouldn't)

I would rather have that 3rd rounder and draft a Athanasiou or similar that might give the red wings something in the FUTURE

Key word is FUTURE

I'm just assuming Dallas is sellers and I think it's tragic that Pavel doesn't have a legit winger. If Pavel's last year is next season then I think Jagr would consider signing a 1 year deal just to play with him. Nice way for both to go out IMO.

And, yeah draft picks are great, but they're no guarantee. Honestly, I think a 5th in the Wings hands is maybe just as good sometimes.

I think a lot of people just forget that aside from the playoff streak (which I think we all agree shouldn't cause management to do anything rash) we don't have to tank the next couple years just waiting for younger guys to develop. Getting a vet who can still play and who won't cost you prospects, but rather just picks, is worth it.

With Jagr, Bert and Helm coming back does make me feel like the Wings in the playoffs could catch fire. Would still want a top 4 D-man, but defensive units have come together in the past and our own unit is showing a lot of poise. Still, if we can get rid of Lashoff (to save Babs from himself) and Ferraro (who I think is in a "sell high" position right now) plus picks or another roster player, I don't think it's out of the question. And if we're a more solid team up front, I think a Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar 4th line becomes more likely to roll out in the playoffs.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
How about Ferraro, Cleary (for salary) and a 5th for Jagr and a 4th?

I would rather we didn't trade any youth for short term value. I would like to see us move some depth for prospects /picks. Maybe we can get a couple second and third round picks out of buyers. Perhaps even a first. Seems like prices are crazy.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I would rather we didn't trade any youth for short term value. I would like to see us move some depth for prospects /picks. Maybe we can get a couple second and third round picks out of buyers. Perhaps even a first. Seems like prices are crazy.

Indeed... Paul Gaustad = 1st rounder..

Some teams could be really desperate at the 11th hour... I hope Kenny stays active all the time

MrTaterSalad

May 29, 2011
A third and sixth round pick and Valteri Fippula to Nashville for Patric Honvquist. I have no idea why Trotz and Co. would make that trade, really I don't. I just want Hornvquist that much.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
I get that people would love to keep draft picks or only trade UFAs for amazing players...

But I think what most people are suggesting by not being willing to part with any prospect or pick is that we're willing to tank the next 3-4 years until the next generation takes over. I don't think that's fair to or a good use of Pav and Z's talents. And just plain unrealistic.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
Indeed... Paul Gaustad = 1st rounder..

Some teams could be really desperate at the 11th hour... I hope Kenny stays active all the time

Gaustad was a guy people wanted last year, plenty of Wings fans included. I don't know who the equivalent of our "depth" that would be... aside from Helm, whom I wouldn't move.

And acquiring 2013 picks for players who won't play in Detroit for 5 years at least? What's the point in that? We have Zetterberg and Datsyuk on the roster now. We're a "classy" franchise because we don't waste people's careers like Calgary. We owe it to our best players to be good. And we have a ton of prospects (too bad we didn't earlier in the decade, but that's where we are) to give us the flexibility to actually try to turn this season around. One top 6 forward and 1 top 4 D-man and we could be back in business. The adversity has made everyone better... and separated the future from the detritus.

Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner
Filppula-Datsyuk-ACQUISITION
Bertuzzi-Helm-Samuelsson
Miller-Andersson-Tatar

Nyquist, Eaves, Cleary, Emmerton, Abdelkader, Tootoo

Kronwall-ACQUISITION
Kindl-Ericsson
Smith-White

Quincey, Huskins, Colaiacovo (Dekeyser)

Howard
Gustavsson

I'd take my chances in the playoffs with that team.

bgkennedy19

Jan 24, 2011
I honestly think KH will do nothing with some of the guys people on this forum want to get rid of.
No chance Cleary is going anywhere, Quincy is staying put as well. I think White might be the only one to be moved.
Also think Filp will get a contract from the Wings that he is not worth in the new cap, 5m ish. I would love to trade him as we have Tatar and Nyq to replace him. Especially if we can someone like J -Bo or Yandle.

Any interest in Burmitstrov from Winnipeg? Former 1st that is getting healthy scratched.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Any interest in Burmitstrov from Winnipeg? Former 1st that is getting healthy scratched.

Hell yes, depending on asking price. Guy can skate and has skill. Would be a nice 3c so we can get back to 3 scoring lines.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
If the Wings were to re-sign all their impending free agents, they'd have 17 forwards on the books. If Kenny doesn't do anything at the deadline to address this - i.e. trade at least 1 of these guys for whatever he can get - then it'll further my belief that Kenny fails to understand how his loyalty obsession is costing us assets, even if only an extra 4th or 5th rounder. Same thing with not trading White, who obviously has no future here and isn't an impact player for us in any respect.

At the very least, I'd like to see Kenny ship out White and Eaves who, at $1.2M for another season, is costly for a 4th liner that is easily replaced by Andersson, et al.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
And Steve does owe the Wings one for showing him the ropes for the first little bit of his front office career. I guess him trading us Stamkos for 2 pending UFAs makes us even. :sarcasm:

If a trade like that happened is the league able to veto the trade?

lawlz, was exaggerating for effect, but Pittsburgh literally gave up the world for an over-the-hill winger whose time looks very limited. I just think we could get some good value for our pending UFAs at this point. Filppula could probably land us a pretty nice package at this point.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

I highly doubt he's available. You don't trade a former top 10 pick at the age of 21 when his value is at an all-time low, regardless of whether he's a healthy scratch or not. At worst, his value in 1-2 years will be no less than it is now.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Looking at what Morrow returned, we would have to sell our whole farm team to get him.

Morrow cost so much because its a seller's market - the prices are ridiculously high right now. If you extrapolated from the Morrows trade what Loui is worth, you'd probably be looking at your 3 of your top 5 prospects. In other words, it would never happen. Which is telling, because the chance that Loui actually is available is slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad