Rumor: Trade Deadline - What TWO Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Highest you go is Saad, Anisimov and one prospect or draft pick outside of any 1st, Joker, Beaudin, Mitchell and Boqvist.

Hawks shouldn’t trade anything which would affect our future too much.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Highest you go is Saad, Anisimov and one prospect or draft pick outside of any 1st, Joker, Beaudin, Mitchell and Boqvist.

Hawks shouldn’t trade anything which would affect our future too much.

I’d move our 1st (assuming it would end up out of lottery) and Anisimov if it was a sign and trade for 8 years. Similar to the Khalil Mack trade. He would be our 1st next year. Rather keep Saad at this point.

Reactions: clydesdale line

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Just listened to the part of Friedman's podcast where he talked Hawks. He did mention Anisimov as a potential guy who could be moved. He also said that someone he knew mentioned Hawks could be in on Panarin, but that he (EF) doubts the Hawks would do that at the trade deadline.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I hope we do not trade for panarin.
If they end up signing in free agency so be it. Great player.
But is it just me, do we really need another small forward. What happen to Debrincat when panarin takes his spot on the power play.
Maybe I'm way overthinking this. I just don't understand why we need him as of now with the offense we have going forward.

Reactions: LarmerHOF

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Just listened to the part of Friedman's podcast where he talked Hawks. He did mention Anisimov as a potential guy who could be moved. He also said that someone he knew mentioned Hawks could be in on Panarin, but that he (EF) doubts the Hawks would do that at the trade deadline.
Oh god....Just wait until July. No need to give up assets for him. What would change between now and then? This makes me a little freaked out and the Hawks would have to know he's re-signing now in order to do it.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
The ONLY way it would make any sense at all is if you knew you were getting him to sign for cheaper next summer and he's made it very clear he's hitting free agency. Giving up assets for him is completely nonsensical for them.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Debrincat is giving us Panarin-like production, and has chemistry with Strome, thus giving us a 1-2 punch on offense.

I love Panarin.. but I don't want him to sign here now. We need a legit top pair LD and some two-way forwards.

____-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-____
Saad-____-____
____-Kampf-____

____-Murphy
Gustafsson-____
Keith-Seabrook

Crawford
Delia/Ward

Blanks can be filled via trades, FA signings or internally (Kahun, Caggiula, Perlini, Hayden, Sikura, Fortin, Highmore / Jokiharju, Forsling, Dahlstrom, Koekkoek, Mitchell, Boqvist)

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Trading futures for Panarin now doesn’t make sense. Only thing that would make sense is if it’s already known behind the scenes he is coming here and his value is tanked. And by that, I mean they’d be happy to get Anisimov and a small add back.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
anyone interested in Wayne Simmonds? maybe not necessarily as a trade deadline move, but an overall add maybe in the off season as a player to help shore up our third line?? he brings that size/grit/speed that we need and a net presence for our power plays that would be much needed on pp2..I keep hearing Flyers are moving him despite their own playoff race, he would be a tire to kick IMO.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
anyone interested in Wayne Simmonds? maybe not necessarily as a trade deadline move, but an overall add maybe in the off season as a player to help shore up our third line?? he brings that size/grit/speed that we need and a net presence for our power plays that would be much needed on pp2..I keep hearing Flyers are moving him despite their own playoff race, he would be a tire to kick IMO.
Wayne Simmonds is slowing down. No interest in extending that guy.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Always liked Simmonds, but he's slowing down and I don't think he's going to age well with his style. If he came on a 1 year deal I wouldn't complain, but I'd imagine he could get more than that, so I'll pass.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Always liked Simmonds, but he's slowing down and I don't think he's going to age well with his style. If he came on a 1 year deal I wouldn't complain, but I'd imagine he could get more than that, so I'll pass.
good post and i agree. but i am more than sure his agent will be totally against it.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Wayne Train came flying out of the gate with 6 goals in 8 games but only 10 in 52 since. Always liked him but he had some injuries last year and hasn’t come all the way back yet. Might be a good gamble on a 1 or 2 year deal but no longer IMO.

Reactions: AmericanDream

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Trading futures for Panarin now doesn’t make sense. Only thing that would make sense is if it’s already known behind the scenes he is coming here and his value is tanked. And by that, I mean they’d be happy to get Anisimov and a small add back.

i couldn't have said it better. now the team is soooo close to fixing this team, this is the time to look for the future.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Debrincat is giving us Panarin-like production, and has chemistry with Strome, thus giving us a 1-2 punch on offense.

I love Panarin.. but I don't want him to sign here now. We need a legit top pair LD and some two-way forwards.

____-
Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-____
Saad-____-____
____-Kampf-____

____-Murphy
Gustafsson-____
Keith-Seabrook

Crawford
Delia/Ward

Blanks can be filled via trades, FA signings or internally (Kahun, Caggiula, Perlini, Hayden, Sikura, Fortin, Highmore / Jokiharju, Forsling, Dahlstrom, Koekkoek, Mitchell, Boqvist)

Yep, and yep!

Jesus, what is this obsession with Panarin? What he brings does not fill the absolutely gaping holes on the roster.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Trading for Panarin makes zero sense for this team.

I think it’s makes a littttttttle sense. If the pick is going to be in the 16-20 range then I guess it’s at least somewhat reasonable to go out and get Panarin now, sign him to an 8 year (instead of 7) deal for a cheaper cap hit.

Depends what the package is though. It’d be pretty lame for Saad to trade him to CBus twice. Anisimov+Saad+2nd would make sense though.

I doubt it happens, it’d be very anti-Bowman

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Check this out for a second, I know the whole thinking now has shifted to not go for Panarin and it makes logical sense if you think about it with how the offense is going now but remember this team just got it’s Toews back, he was non existent when Panarin was in town, now imagine a line of Panarin-Toews-Kane right Playing together the the way all 3 are performing, that would be lethal, no one will stop them, it will be very entertaining to watch!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Yep, and yep!

Jesus, what is this obsession with Panarin? What he brings does not fill the absolutely gaping holes on the roster.

Panarin-Toews-Kane
DBC-Strome-Kahun/whoever

Kane would get like 130pts/year and the Hawks would score like 4.5 goals a game :laugh:

There’s no one for them to spend defensive cap space on anyway for the next few years

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You want to know what would make things worse for me in the sports world? Trading assets for Panarin, regardless of whether or not they re-sign him. After the Machado BS this week idk if I could take something else at that level of stupid.

Reactions: JaegerDice

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
Thinking about the Panarin - Toews - Kane line can give you an erection, that's no doubt.

...and it's really possible that Stan doing the trade at the deadline. At least, I can imagine it. Wouldn't like it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad