Rumor: Trade Deadline - What TWO Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
would Fleury cost all that? I haven't been that impressed with him, can't stick in the Canes lineup as it is right now after playing almost all of last year with them..I do not focus much on him so maybe you or others would know better.

I don’t know, he’s still young and the Canes have a lot of decent to good guys on defense. He could be good, but just in a rough situation

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don’t know, he’s still young and the Canes have a lot of decent to good guys on defense. He could be good, but just in a rough situation
the Canes are deep, but it is odd if they have this kid, they go out and get Hamilton and Fox in that Hanifin trade...either they are't 100% sold on him, or just being very patient. either way, to me that is not what I would target on defense. I want a player with experience that can help right now/next year. guys like Greene and Martinez fit that bill - we need help there, guys who can mentor others and have a proven history of being solid defenders. we already have young guys like Fleury in Dahl and Forsling trying to make their mark as is.

I am all in for going for the Fleury types on offense, the players young and not getting true opportunities or just need change of scenery...I know that might sound hypocritical, but that is just how I want to see it as we have enough young kids on defense ready to jump, let's not block it any more than needed for them to sign here long term. offense though, we have 2-3 kids coming up that I believe will be here and help soon, outside of that wayyyyy too many wild cards and unknowns...

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I would push hard to trade Saad & Gus to Edmonton for Puljujarvi & Nurse

Nurse is a force out there. He’s elevated his game quite a bit this year, would love to have him. He looks like a 1D.

The other night in OT, he was caught in the offensive zone, someone tried to clear the puck up ice and he batted the puck out of the air after it was already past him, knocked it down and took it back in on the goalie for a scoring chance. Unbelievable play.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Although it was likely Jensen, I wonder if the 3 Leafs scouts were taking a look at Murphy. They have been present at the past few Hawks games.

Now I like Murphy, I think he's our best defender, but if Leafs want to overpay because they're desperate for a top 4 RHD I'm fine with that.

Basically I'll take Nylander for Murph. Or Kap + Bracco.

What that means is our defense would be absolutely screwed this year, but it frees up a rhd spot for next season so we can run Jokiharju, Mitchell, Seabs down the right side.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Although it was likely Jensen, I wonder if the 3 Leafs scouts were taking a look at Murphy. They have been present at the past few Hawks games.

Now I like Murphy, I think he's our best defender, but if Leafs want to overpay because they're desperate for a top 4 RHD I'm fine with that.

Basically I'll take Nylander for Murph. Or Kap + Bracco.

What that means is our defense would be absolutely screwed this year, but it frees up a rhd spot for next season so we can run Jokiharju, Mitchell, Seabs down the right side.

Nylander for Murphy? Has Murphy’s stock skyrocketed that much, of has Nylander’s bottomed out that much?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Nylander for Murphy? Has Murphy’s stock skyrocketed that much, of has Nylander’s bottomed out that much?
neither, Musto hitting the bath salts again lol..

his Kapanen for Murphy package would make more sense since they likely will not be able to keep/afford Kapanen and moving him out now to get something they need back for this years run is where I could see them looking..but even that is iffy because Murphy still makes too much money for them to fit once Marner signs IMO.

it makes less sense for us, as moving out Murphy should be a flat out NO at this point with what we have on defense.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
22.1 mil? What? Did he try to add 10.5 twice and come up with that? No, that doesn’t explain it. We don’t have that much cap space right. I’m confused.

Their pro-rated cap space will be ~21.2m at trade deadline.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Does anyone know if the Hawks could put an 8 year on the table instead of 7 if they acquire him midseason?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Sign and trade?

oh man getting Pan back this yr thru a trade..... is the FO really want to screw everything up by giving up assets to try to make a push for the Playoff ?? while the defense is the area that needs fixing. it is the defense that will carry this team in the playoff as it has in the past.

i am for trading with CBJ and it would be for a forward in the minors and/or draft picks..... even if it is in the 3rd round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad