GDT: Trade Deadline Madness Part 2 - Do or do not, there is no try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

Sounds like the teams most interested in Russell (Bruins, Penguins, Kings) are sending a message that the asking price is too high.

Might not see a deal done until Monday depending on how this plays out.

The information "leaking" is definitely a ploy to get BT thinking, but at the same time, obviously everyone's going to do their homework and exhaust all options before trading a 1st+.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
DAL
Russell

CGY
Ritchie
1st 2016?

Edit: never mind didn't realize Dallas wasn't interested in Russ

Dallas had shown interest earlier. If they lose on Hamhuis look for them to come back.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Players that Calgary will move before the deadline:

Engelland - has been fine this year and I don't mind him for 1 more yr.
Jooris - decent depth for us. it wouldn't be worth it trading him. 4/5th rounder MAX
Colborne - he i could very well see being moved. more in a package deal though.
Bouma - he's had a horrendous season and with his contract I doubt moves before next years deadline if at all.
Wideman - I hope so.

Jones only if they Pick up half the contract (Don't spout about ownership's beliefs)

my thoughts bolded. I doubt any of those players get moved besides Colborne really.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
There is no way Russell plays tonight with a #1 pick and a prospect on the line.

I liked how I saw "if he was 100% he'd be in the lineup", think it was a Hartley quote on Twitter. Couldn't stop my eyes from rolling :laugh: yah ok

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I liked how I saw "if he was 100% he'd be in the lineup", think it was a Hartley quote on Twitter. Couldn't stop my eyes from rolling :laugh: yah ok
I believe him, Russell was just injured, had he not been injured he'd be playing

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
my thoughts bolded. I doubt any of those players get moved besides Colborne really.

Engelland gets moved because they can't move Smid. Toronto wants to move Bernier. Can't have a goalie getting hot.

Bouma has GM's that are fans of his style of play (Sutter, Armstrong, Nill will like Bouma)

Jooris will be an add-on.

Detroit, Tampa (If they can find some cap $), and the NYR all could use Widemans PP expertise.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I believe him, Russell was just injured, had he not been injured he'd be playing

Umm, I know he was injured, but there's a thing called asset protection. I guarentee there is no rush to agitate said injury or get him hurt again. They're asking for a 1st and a prospect for him, no way they risk him getting hurt playing meaningless games. There's also the possibility that potential suitors have asked he be sat as a precaution. Hartley can "insist" until he's blue in the face.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Whispers of Fiala moving out of Nashville could mean Russell is involved.

That and it sounds like a Treliving move...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Umm, I know he was injured, but there's a thing called asset protection. I guarentee there is no rush to agitate said injury or get him hurt again. They're asking for a 1st and a prospect for him, no way they risk him getting hurt playing meaningless games. There's also the possibility that potential suitors have asked he be sat as a precaution. Hartley can "insist" until he's blue in the face.
you know you are more or less saying the same thing right? but the Flames have never been known to sit guys just because they are on the market, I don't expect that to start now. If Russell is not playing it is because he is not 100%, I don't doubt him being on the market is apart of it, but only do to the risk oh him making the injury worse. Had he never been injured he would not be sitting out at all.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Engelland gets moved because they can't move Smid. Toronto wants to move Bernier. Can't have a goalie getting hot.

Bouma has GM's that are fans of his style of play (Sutter, Armstrong, Nill will like Bouma)

Jooris will be an add-on.

Detroit, Tampa (If they can find some cap $), and the NYR all could use Widemans PP expertise.

Only way we take on Bernier, whom I wouldn't mind as a reclamation project, would have to retain $1M on his deal since they both expire end of next season. And besides WE need a guy like 'England' on our team.

He may have 'fans' but when it comes to the logistics of it, the stagnant cap, he's going to garner little interest, or garner a paltry return to what he means to our bottom 6.

If he is moved, agreed.

and I just don't see some team ponying up anything of interest or worthwhile, especially with his cap hit for next season. Wideman IF HE MOVES, will be in the off-season or next deadline. IMO.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
you know you are more or less saying the same thing right? but the Flames have never been known to sit guys just because they are on the market, I don't expect that to start now. If Russell is not playing it is because he is not 100%, I don't doubt him being on the market is apart of it, but only do to the risk oh him making the injury worse. Had he never been injured he would not be sitting out at all.

I have no doubt he's fully capable and healthy to play, hence teams still being actively interested in him. But whatever, pointless argument :laugh:

I forgot the mention, how in the **** did Edmonton get a 3rd for Jultz?????

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Might be just wishful thinking but I'm hoping BT has something up his sleeve. The Hudler deal just seems to have gone down too quickly and quietly, with a meh return. Not very characteristic of Tre, like he's got bigger fish to fry.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Only way we take on Bernier, whom I wouldn't mind as a reclamation project, would have to retain $1M on his deal since they both expire end of next season. And besides WE need a guy like 'England' on our team.

He may have 'fans' but when it comes to the logistics of it, the stagnant cap, he's going to garner little interest, or garner a paltry return to what he means to our bottom 6.

If he is moved, agreed.

and I just don't see some team ponying up anything of interest or worthwhile, especially with his cap hit for next season. Wideman IF HE MOVES, will be in the off-season or next deadline. IMO.

Doubtful Bernier trade is 1 for 1. Engelland is worth more than Bernier. Swap of prospects with the flames benefiting.

Bouma is a gut feeling. With the arms race St. Louis and or Dallas might feel the need to get a little grit.

Colborne I see as an Anaheim trade. They have been quiet to this point and they are looking for some offense. Joe's size fits their mold. Could be a three way trade involving Tampa freeing up some cap money in Tampa with Colborne ending up in Anaheim. Not sure how it all comes out in the end.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Doubtful Bernier trade is 1 for 1. Engelland is worth more than Bernier. Swap of prospects with the flames benefiting.

Bouma is a gut feeling. With the arms race St. Louis and or Dallas might feel the need to get a little grit.

Colborne I see as an Anaheim trade. They have been quiet to this point and they are looking for some offense. Joe's size fits their mold. Could be a three way trade involving Tampa freeing up some cap money in Tampa with Colborne ending up in Anaheim. Not sure how it all comes out in the end.

guess we'll just have to wait and see what transpires over the next 48 hrs.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
So I'm watching the Leafs-Habs game on and Parenteau left the ice midway thru the period and never returned. he also was NOT injured to. possible trade incoming

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011

This made me laugh for some reason.

Post-Reimer era! :laugh:

That's like calling it the Post-Berra era!

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Everything the Leafs do is so melodramatic. On Facebook I saw a reaction article, "How Twitter reacted to Reimer trade" :facepalm:, as if they just traded Patty ****in Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad