Speculation: Trade Deadline Discussion Part VIII - loud noises, a gasp, and a thud

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
For Conacher? I don't see that as a great deal for Tampa at all....

Losing Conacher is big blow no doubt, but scoring goals isn't their problem. As much as Bleedred might shun me for this, I really think Bishop can be an excellent goalie in the NHL in the near future. There defense is still terrible but a tandem of Lindback and Bishop will be great for them, both young and very talented goalies that will push each other a lot.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
The Sens are gonna be so good in a few years. If bishop
Turns out to be a number 1 it's not a bad deal, but as of now it looks terrible.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The good news is we only have to play Tampa twice next season!:laugh:

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
It's really not that bad, Tampa has a surplus of promising, young forwards (Killorn, Panik, Palat, Connolly, and Johnson). Tampa really needed a goalie they can build around, and IMO Bishop and Lindback is a good tandem to start with. Also, there's Vasilevski coming up in the future. He dealt from a position of strength to deal with a weakness. Conacher is not even very proven, he just had a very hot start to the season. Plus, Tampa got Conacher for free!

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 18s

The Canucks are involved in at least 4 trade discussions ranging from Luongo potential to depth players. Now waiting

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m

Doesn't sound like there's been any progress made between Leafs and Canucks on Luongo as the clock ticks. #tradecentre.
Expand

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Losing Conacher is big blow no doubt, but scoring goals isn't their problem. As much as Bleedred might shun me for this, I really think Bishop can be an excellent goalie in the NHL in the near future. There defense is still terrible but a tandem of Lindback and Bishop will be great for them, both young and very talented goalies that will push each other a lot.

Now I'm never reading anything you say again!:sarcasm:

Just kidding man it's all good!

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
You haven't ever seen Conacher play, have you? He's a poor man's Marc Savard.

He could very well win the Calder this year, he's going to be a legitimate 50-60 point player for a long time. Guy is a machine.

Conacher is another tiny center from a U.S. college. He's barely 5-8. There aren't many spots in the league for a guy like him. Savard was bigger and with a greater talent base to work off of.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We'll score 0 goals both times :laugh:

Sounds like the Devils! Let's just hope Luuu don't come to a team we have to play again this year.

I got a question for somebody. The deadline is 3:00 PM but we might not hear the news until sometime after that right?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Steve Y needs to stop gambling on backups and flavor of the month goalies and get a legitimate #1 guy.

A Schneider/Conacher+ deal would have made much more sense.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Hah, that's hilarious. Columbus takes the best of all of Philadelphia's goaltenders, makes Mason expendable, sends Mason to Phily.

Philadelphia is a perpetual mediocre goalie machine.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
An already BAD goalie on a team with notoriously bad defense like Philly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad