GDT: Trade Deadline (Apr 3) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Kevin McGran ‏@kevin_mcgran 4m

Correction: NHL rosters may expand starting tomorrow as long as players on roster fit under cap. (Leafs may add player w/o subtracting)

Oh... I didn't know that can happen. If that's the case, then getting Kipper for a 3rd or 4th round pick is perfectly fine (though I hope Kipper lets them know he would retire after this season).

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m
Now it's official. Jagr is a Bruin. DAL gets MacDermid, Payne and conditional 2nd round pick.

Fun well it lasted

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
Kevin McGran ‏@kevin_mcgran 4m

Correction: NHL rosters may expand starting tomorrow as long as players on roster fit under cap. (Leafs may add player w/o subtracting)

Oh... I didn't know that can happen. If that's the case, then getting Kipper for a 3rd or 4th round pick is perfectly fine (though I hope Kipper lets them know he would retire after this season).

if the Kipper trade is pending, why is Kipper practicing with Flames? I would think he would talk to Nonis prior to the practice about his plans and willingness to play for the Leafs. I think he wants to finish the season with Flames (his 2nd baby was just born) and retire at the end of this season.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m
Now it's official. Jagr is a Bruin. DAL gets MacDermid, Payne and conditional 2nd round pick.

Fun well it lasted

It was going to happen.

Good pick up, We're probably the team is 2nd most effected cause mathematically they're the likely opponent at this time.

I didn't use the "p" word^.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
if the Kipper trade is pending, why is Kipper practicing with Flames? I would think he would talk to Nonis prior to the practice about his plans and willingness to play for the Leafs. I think he wants to finish the season with Flames (his 2nd baby was just born) and retire at the end of this season.

Kipper practiced at about 11am, Nonis may have not talked to him yet. They could have something set up around now.

Also, it never hurts to practice...

Tomorrow will be the teller, The Flames should have a game day skate... if he skates, then he probably will be staying, if he isn't there is a good chance they have a deal worked out.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
It was going to happen.

Good pick up, We're probably the team is 2nd most effected cause mathematically they're the likely opponent at this time.

I didn't use the "p" word^.

well actually i think were set to steam roll the peg after this season ends and that 2nd season begins :laugh:

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
Kipper practiced at about 11am, Nonis may have not talked to him yet. They could have something set up around now.

Also, it never hurts to practice...

Tomorrow will be the teller, The Flames should have a game day skate... if he skates, then he probably will be staying, if he isn't there is a good chance they have a deal worked out.

Usually players soon/close to be traded, do not practice with the team to avoid any potential injuries. It would be in best intrest for Flames/Leafs teams (if the deal is actually in place) for him to sit practice out.

I think we should find out later tonight the outcome of the today's conversation between Kipper and Nonis.

I'm hoping he is staying with Flames... :sarcasm:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Usually players soon/close to be traded, do not practice with the team to avoid any potential injuries. It would be in best intrest for Flames/Leafs teams (if the deal is actually in place) for him to sit practice out.

I think we should find out later tonight the outcome of the today's conversation between Kipper and Nonis.

I'm hoping he is staying with Flames... :sarcasm:

I get the feeling we will be getting him and Robidas... I really really want Robidas... Kipper I would love, I always loved him, and should Reimer get hurt, I am not fully comfortable with Scrivens-MacIntyre just doesn't sit right.

Kipper is insurance, apparently will come cheap, and the Leafs want him (per Dreger) I think at this point, it's the outcome of the Nonis and Kipper discussion that will determine things (which should come out some time today).

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I feel a lot of fans anxious for trade. These forums will explode even if we do minor move...

well this time is filled with anxiety cause you're always wondering about something big happening out of the blue. But anyone who is EXPECTING a trade is looking into this a bit much. If you've watched the team all year you know that we don't really have many holes. We could use a center but how many are available as an upgrade, we could use a d-man but what's the price? It's all speculation at this point. I don't expect any moves from Nonis

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Randy Sportak ‏@SUNRandySportak 1m

#flames Kiprusoff refused to talk about whether he's talked to Maple Leafs. Addressed his sub-standard play last 2 games.

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
I get the feeling we will be getting him and Robidas... I really really want Robidas... Kipper I would love, I always loved him, and should Reimer get hurt, I am not fully comfortable with Scrivens-MacIntyre just doesn't sit right.

Kipper is insurance, apparently will come cheap, and the Leafs want him (per Dreger) I think at this point, it's the outcome of the Nonis and Kipper discussion that will determine things (which should come out some time today).

I'm up for adding Robidas or Morris.

However what I don't like about Kipper coming to the leafs is his contract $5.8mil next year and his effect on Reimer/Scrivens tendem. We have few UFA/FA to take care over the summer and we don't need $5.8mil backup goalie.

However Kipper might be retiring at the end of the season, in which case this trade would make more sense. Too be honest I would still give kids a chance, even if it means Scrivens/MacIntyre...

I'm just freaking happy we are closing on playoffs first time in 9 years... So maybe rewared and ride the guys who got us here in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad