GDT: Trade Deadline (Apr 3) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Maybe we should be praising the GM's that acquired them for so little to improve their teams?.

Let their own fans praise their own GMs. Why do we have to do it?

I'm absolutely amazed at the ghetto level of prospects that are being moved for legitimate pieces yesterday and today.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I would say you should only give up as much as they did for ON if they think they have a shot at the cup.

can't imagine they added him thinking they wanted to get to the second round

Of course not, they had every reason to think they could win. Any Team adding a big name at a premium is doing it to win. Only one Team can win though.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Nolan was a stud player and was not a rental. that was a veteran team of hall of famers that had to be buyers at the deadline.

it's unfortunate that nolan blew out his knee but that doesn't make it a bad trade. the picks never turned into anything close to as good as nolan.
Boyes and Stuart aren't anything to sneeze at

but they weren't going to help when the team was ready to win

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
Conditional 2nd rounder BOS will give DAL in Jagr deal becomes a 1st rounder if BOS wins two playoff series. BTW, deal still not official.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
At this price, Nonis should have brought in Roy. I'm not liking how his patience is letting all the good players get traded somewhere else. I honestly don't think the teams above us are that much better, we should be looking for upgrades because this season we have proven we can play with the big boys.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Nolan was a stud player and was not a rental. that was a veteran team of hall of famers that had to be buyers at the deadline.

it's unfortunate that nolan blew out his knee but that doesn't make it a bad trade. the picks never turned into anything close to as good as nolan.

I still see Nolan shirts at the ACC.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto

Everyone knows this, mess is just posting nonsense he doesn't actually believe again. No reason to revisit this topic.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
We might not get passed the first round if we don't get some help for the D. Even if we play a southeastern team.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008

Boyes went on to score 40 goals, McAuley was nominated for the Selkey ironacilly he too had his career ruined do to injury and that 1st round pick turned out to be a serviceable D men who's name alludes me at the moment.

Nolan didn't just have a knee injury. His back injury crept up just like a boat load of those vets that Quinn went with to win were never healthy in the playoffs.

Your thinking of the Leetch trade, that one cost the Leafs nothing.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
At this price, Nonis should have brought in Roy. I'm not liking how his patience is letting all the good players get traded somewhere else. I honestly don't think the teams above us are that much better, we should be looking for upgrades because this season we have proven we can play with the big boys.

Grabovski has 4 more goals than Roy.

How much of an upgrade does Roy represent over what we have here?

And is that improvement worth a 2nd and a prospect?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Boyes and Stuart aren't anything to sneeze at

but they weren't going to help when the team was ready to win

Mark Stuart was just the player that happened to be selected with Leafs draft pick..

Opportunity loss expends to all players still on the board and available at the spot. Players like Corey Perry, Mike Richards, Ryan Kesler, Patrice Bergeron, Shea Weber etc etc.

A different team including the Leafs themselves wouldn't have necessarily picked Stuart, nor are they bound by what another team did.

Brad Boyes at 25 Kessel's age now had a 43 goal season something that Phil himself hasn't accomplished.

The damage was done and on top of that trade it cost the Leafs millions to buyout Nolan to have him go away.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
Conditional 2nd rounder BOS will give DAL in Jagr deal becomes a 1st rounder if BOS wins two playoff series. BTW, deal still not official.

Ray_Shero_Penguins3.gif

:laugh:

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Grabovski has 4 more goals than Roy.

How much of an upgrade does Roy represent over what we have here?

And is that improvement worth a 2nd and a prospect?

Compare their careers, both small centers who aren't very good defensively but Roy is better offensively. He also has a 4M caphit compared to Grabovski's 5.5, I guess you haven't seen how Grabo has been a cancer to whomever he's played with this year, and whenever his linemates get moved to another line their play improves greatly.

I don't know if I would have traded a 2nd + prospect, but if the price for Roy was that low, I think Nonis should have been all over it.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Mark Stuart was just the player that happened to be selected with Leafs draft pick..

Opportunity loss expends to all players still on the board and available at the spot. Players like Corey Perry, Mike Richards, Ryan Kesler, Patrice Bergeron, Shea Weber etc etc.

A different team including the Leafs themselves wouldn't have necessarily picked Stuart, nor are they bound by what another team did.

Brad Boyes at 25 Kessel's age now had a 43 goal season something that Phil himself hasn't accomplished.

The damage was done and on top of that trade it cost the Leafs millions to buyout Nolan to have him go away.

How do you drag kessel in to this? How many other players at that age did not score 43 and turned out amazing? Or how bout I just say Cheechoo :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad