Speculation: Trade deadline acquisitions (All rumors/proposals/etc) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
1 move at the deadline isn't going to make them legit cup contenders. It's going to take several moves. Better off waiting until the offseason.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I can't believe how quickly you all bail. People think this team is not a cup contender? People think this team won't make the playoffs? People think we should punt at the TDL because it's hopeless?

I just can't believe what I'm reading on HF today. No ability to see the forest through the trees.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
I can't believe how quickly you all bail. People think this team is not a cup contender? People think this team won't make the playoffs? People think we should punt at the TDL because it's hopeless?

I just can't believe what I'm reading on HF today. No ability to see the forest through the trees.
you're insane if you think they are getting out of the west with this current team and current play.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

They will make playoffs but appear set to be an easy out at best

This roster sucks. Bury your head in sand all you want but reality is

Shaw
Sharp
Bickell
Rozy
Rundblad
Cumiskey
Erixon
Carcillo

Are all trash this year. And Kruger/Smith are worthless outside of PK

Its a 2 line + 3 defender team with goalies who bailed them out earlier in year but cant do it right now

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

not if Q keeps playing Roszival the most minutes on D, continues to put Carcillo in the lineup only get pummelled in a fight....rewards shaw and Oduya for being useless and continue to play Sharp with a 4th line role and has Richards float around looking like he is going for a sunday skate with 65 year olds...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Is Sharp still good?

Hasn't shown anything nor does he deserve a top 6 role at this point

Steeger + Saad have been easily better then him

The team isn't as good as people wanted to believe (I was wrong and believed they were better team). Offseason was mistake not trading Sharp

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
wow, look at all the chicken littles here...this team has been doubted many times before, and though I agree a trade is needed to spark some fire, this team still has the talent to make it to the Cup final yet again...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
wow, look at all the chicken littles here...this team has been doubted many times before, and though I agree a trade is needed to spark some fire, this team still has the talent to make it to the Cup final yet again...

A big trade is needed

Adding trash like Hannan and more dumpster diving from Bowman wont change anything

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
"They won't go far in the playoffs with the way they are playing right now".... well holy ****, Batman! Who woulda thunk.

I think some moves can be made, but it's not the end of the world if nothing happens.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
looking at a team on paper vs performance on the ice is totally different. On paper they look good. On the ice not so much. Q is gonna Q and continue to not use the pieces he has correctly. Continue to give his favorites ice time even though they shouldn't even sniff the ice. I'm sure tomorrow will be another optional skate since they are playing amazing right now.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
Problem is 2013 depth actually showed up and team had a 7 NHL defenders

This team has no bottom 6 and no #4-5-6-7 defenders of NHL quality

that was also a stretch of what 3 bad games? This has been a stretch of bad hockey since December that is getting worse with each passing game. Huge difference.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
People need to chill the **** out.

This team has struggled since Christmas, but prior to, we've had weeks where we looked like the best team in the league.

We all should realize that this team has the ability to step it up a few notches in big games where they feel a need to win. This level of complacency is hard to come by in the playoffs.

We also have played very well against the Preds, Blues, and Ducks this year. Doesn't necessarily mean success in the postseason, but it's absolutely a silver lining.

Still, this team needs some help. Hate to say it, but our best move would be to trade away Sharp, and use the cap space to sign a solid dman (not a guy like Hannan).

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The only player on the roster that isn't a NHL talent is the one guy you've defended all year. Everyone else outside of maybe Erixon can play a role at this level.

Cumisky isn't an NHL talent either.

Of our depth Dmen, Rundblad is really the only solid option. Q just decided he doesn't like the way he laces up his skates or something, and thus opts not to play him despite the fact that he outperforms every other guy in that third pairing slot by every metric you could care to look at (while seeing roughly the same competition quality and zone starts).

Oduya potentially being out is going to be a problem, regardless of whether he was playing up to standard or not (though he was improving over the last several games).

As far as the forwards are concerned. Sharp is an issue, not necessarily because he's been terrible, but because the missing offense we usually get from him is a big hole to fill. Even if Shaw and Bickell were playing to their full potential, you wouldn't get 30 goals out of them.

Shaw at center is indefensible at this point. That will not stop Q from continuing it through, regardless of a better option sitting in Rockford.

Also, as predicted Richards is slowing down something fierce. Combined with Kane's shooting percentage coming down from unsustainable levels, we can't count on the second line to out-score our depth woes anymore, and the 1st line is still busy breaking even on most nights against the top competition.

There are two many leaks to fill on this team. One addition is just a waste of assets I'm afraid, cause it probably won't be the difference for a cup.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
People need to chill the **** out.

This team has struggled since Christmas, but prior to, we've had weeks where we looked like the best team in the league.

We all should realize that this team has the ability to step it up a few notches in big games where they feel a need to win. This level of complacency is hard to come by in the playoffs.

We also have played very well against the Preds, Blues, and Ducks this year. Doesn't necessarily mean success in the postseason, but it's absolutely a silver lining.

Still, this team needs some help. Hate to say it, but our best move would be to trade away Sharp, and use the cap space to sign a solid dman (not a guy like Hannan).

They have played well vs those teams but their is no reason to play poorly as they have vs teams who they are better than. Boston had lost 6 in a row and they came right in here and embarrassed the hawks.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Cumisky isn't an NHL talent either.

Of our depth Dmen, Rundblad is really the only solid option. Q just decided he doesn't like the way he laces up his skates or something, and thus opts not to play him despite the fact that he outperforms every other guy in that third pairing slot by every metric you could care to look at (while seeing roughly the same competition quality and zone starts).

Oduya potentially being out is going to be a problem, regardless of whether he was playing up to standard or not (though he was improving over the last several games).

As far as the forwards are concerned. Sharp is an issue, not necessarily because he's been terrible, but because the missing offense we usually get from him is a big hole to fill. Even if Shaw and Bickell were playing to their full potential, you wouldn't get 30 goals out of them.

Shaw at center is indefensible at this point. That will not stop Q from continuing it through, regardless of a better option sitting in Rockford.

Also, as predicted Richards is slowing down something fierce. Combined with Kane's shooting percentage coming down from unsustainable levels, we can't count on the second line to out-score our depth woes anymore, and the 1st line is still busy breaking even on most nights against the top competition.

There are two many leaks to fill on this team. One addition is just a waste of assets I'm afraid, cause it probably won't be the difference for a cup.

There's more than one even

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
They have played well vs those teams but their is no reason to play poorly as they have vs teams who they are better than. Boston had lost 6 in a row and they came right in here and embarrassed the hawks.

Yes, Boston had lost 6 games in a row prior to today. So should we have expected them to continue to not give two *****? The Bruins are only fighting for a playoff spot. Not like they had any reason to actually give a crap today. Bruins we're a very good team tonight.

And yeah, I'm aware that Hawks have a tendency to play down to (sometimes lower than) their opponents. They pulled the same crap last year. Doesn't mean we're doomed. It means that everybody (players, coaching staff, management) needs to be better. These games aren't simply an early sign of a first round exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad