GDT: Trades & Free Agency

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Who would you see leaving vs staying? What’s your 7 if that’s the moves he makes? Out of curiosity?
Butting in here...

I see Rielly, McCabe, Lilly, Benoit and Timmins staying as part of the 7/8.

I see Lyubushkin on a trial basis this season, to see if he can form the partnership we need, for Rielly. If it works, then I can see him being extended 3 x $3 mil. That's, if it works.

If that's the case... you've got

Rielly Boosh
McCabe Lilly
Benoit XXX

I forsee having about $10.2 million, maybe even more, to spend on one D, and a second goalie. Then we've got the capacity to sign a bigger name, whether that's Pesce or any of the other names, for a third pairing guy... but a premier third pairing guy at that. With enough balance, we could run the minutes fairly equally.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Butting in here...

I see Rielly, McCabe, Lilly, Benoit and Timmins staying as part of the 7/8.

I see Lyubushkin on a trial basis this season, to see if he can form the partnership we need, for Rielly. If it works, then I can see him being extended 3 x $3 mil. That's, if it works.

If that's the case... you've got

Rielly Boosh
McCabe Lilly
Benoit XXX

I forsee having about $10.2 million, maybe even more, to spend on one D, and a second goalie. Then we've got the capacity to sign a bigger name, whether that's Pesce or any of the other names, for a third pairing guy... but a premier third pairing guy at that. With enough balance, we could run the minutes fairly equally.
Lyubushkin has looked decent next to Rielly but hopefully we can make it a priority to acquire a real top four defenceman to play alongside Mo. Roy would be fantastic.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Lyubushkin has looked decent next to Rielly but hopefully we can make it a priority to acquire a real top four defenceman to play alongside Mo. Roy would be fantastic.

See, I look at it differently. We don't necessarily need a real top four D man to play with Rielly. His best guys were Hainsey and Schenn while with the Leafs. If we can find someone who makes it work, it gives us additional funds, to find a "Real Top 4 guy" to play elsewhere... spend the same dollars, but make all of the defensive lines strong.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Who would you see leaving vs staying? What’s your 7 if that’s the moves he makes? Out of curiosity?
Rielly
McCabe
Zadorov
Pesce
Edmonsson (depends on $ he makes) or same type of player
Bush (depends on money he makes) or same type of player
Beniot (depends on money he makes) or same type of player

I don't know money wise, but I could see the top 4 making more money and our 5-6 pair making a mill or less

I can easily see Lillygren being moved in the summer for picks or maybe for a forward. Just speculation but judging off of how Treliving tries to build his d-core from Calgary, what he's say about wanting big d-man to help clear the net in interviews, and the trades he's made so far.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Domi is currently 49th in scoring for C's in the NHL. That's mid level 2nd line C stats. That's extremely good production for someone on a $3 million contract. If we can extend at that level, I do believe that we absolutely should as well. With term.

I don't think he defends well enough to play as a center consistently, I feel better when he's on the wing feeding our centers

Reactions: Gallagbi

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Trev will 100% target right shot Dman.

I think Vincent Deharnais will be a top target for Trev
Leafs asked for Desharnais before trading Lafferty to Vancouver. Edmonton declined. They like him.

He’s an RFA this number. I don’t see the Oilers moving him without a significant overpay.

With RHD UFA’s this summer, I don’t Desharnais is a player you overpay in a trade for.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Leafs asked for Desharnais before trading Lafferty to Vancouver. Edmonton declined. They like him.

He’s an RFA this number. I don’t see the Oilers moving him without a significant overpay.

With RHD UFA’s this summer, I don’t Desharnais is a player you overpay in a trade for.
Capfriendly has him as UFA.

Reactions: Al4tdsBundy

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Another thing we re-upping Domi is the need for offense in the top 6 as Tavares either walks as a FA or declines in a retirement deal

With Bert finishing stronger than he started, I wonder if Tre opts to try to keep him and Domi

Bertuzzi and Domi haven't been given a lot of term recently, maybe they'd like it?

3M x 2-3 years for Domi - I think $3M is the right price for him to be honest, he makes money but isn't under a lot of scrutiny only making that.

Bertuzzi, my comfort level is maybe 4x4 or $5M x 3 years

You'll be signing Matt Roy for 6 x 6 in the Summer instead.

I was thinking 5 years 5.5-5.875M range for Roy, offensive output isn't extremely high although I kind of wonder with him being American if we'd be his first choice.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Sneaky option.
Late bloomer? Grown into his body?

He seems to heave recently been bumped up to 2nd pairing. Though, that may have more to do with Ceci being dropped to 3rd pairing.
Unless someone can show me that his advanced stats that suggests he could be a top 4 D, I find it a bit underwhelming.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Tysplakov is the big fish of the Euro UFA pool, but I'm intrigued by this boy as well.
Under contract til 25-26?
Another big dude.
How’s the Czechia league?

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
He seems to heave recently been bumped up to 2nd pairing. Though, that may have more to do with Ceci being dropped to 3rd pairing.
Unless someone can show me that his advanced stats that suggests he could be a top 4 D, I find it a bit underwhelming.
I don’t know much about him other than he’s playing regularly on a good team.

I’d be curious to hear more about him from people with input, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad