GDT: Trade Deadline 2021 - Holland Keeps His Kul-ikov and Gets a Dman

Does Holland trade for Glendening?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
1st for Rakell is hardly going all in. If the rumors are true, I'm not sure why Holland hasn't traded for him
We will see if he is traded for at all.
If he isn't traded for at all, then can't blame him for not getting him as Anaheim probably got gun shy, cause soemome would spend that.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Going for Rakell is also not a "all chips in for this year" kind of move. He has term for next year still. Rakell is a "longer term" move.
I don't disagree but if Rakell isn't moved today, doesn't mean Holland failed. Means Anaheim didn't see anything they liked, doesn't mean it can't happen in the off season.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Not doing anything isn't a fail. Not going all in doesn't mean you just sell all your ufas either.

The cost of standing Pat and going as far as you can is whatever assets you can sell are worth. And because the plan seems to bring the big 3 back, selling them would be a bad idea overall.

Selling UFAs you plan to bring back later so you can add assets now is smart.

Reactions: EagerPug

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
5/6 years ago yeah, today not so much

I disagree. Hall has no clue where the defensive zone is, and turns the puck over at the opposition blue line for an odd man rush goal against regularly. I take Foligno for a playoff run rental all day long over Hall.

Reactions: Raab

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think we can also agree that Hall isn’t the same player he was just two or three seasons ago.

Both are declining.
Foligno is a good locker room guy, and a gritty vet. Hall has done nothing in the playoff and not the best guy in the locker room. Experience can matter in the playoffs.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Selling UFAs you plan to bring back later so you can add assets now is smart.
It's very rare to sell a UFA and have them ACTUALLY come back. It's risky.

Man if people think McDrai would be upset if Holland doesn't add any bit guy, imagine if they trade Barrie, Larsson and Nuge

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I disagree. Hall has no clue where the defensive zone is, and turns the puck over at the opposition blue line for an odd man rush goal against regularly. I take Foligno for a playoff run rental all day long over Hall.
Moot conversation as we are out sitting here with duck anyway

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
In about 2 weeks Boston will realize what they have done once the smell of dogshit And hot garbage permeates their dressing room.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
As they will closer to the deadline, I could see a similar deal to the Ennis one, a 5th for a top 9 FWD who’s left over after the big trades
I think finding someone like that is ideal. Ennis before his injury was a good pick up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad