GDT: Trade Deadline 2021 - Holland Keeps His Kul-ikov and Gets a Dman

Does Holland trade for Glendening?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
My guess would be we have a few offers out for players but not overly negotiating and waiting to see if teams will lower pricing

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Honey, it's time for your Luke Glendening.

4lasbt.gif

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
My guess would be we have a few offers out for players but not overly negotiating and waiting to see if teams will lower pricing
As they will closer to the deadline, I could see a similar deal to the Ennis one, a 5th for a top 9 FWD who’s left over after the big trades

Reactions: YakDavid

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not doing anything isn't a fail. Not going all in doesn't mean you just sell all your ufas either.

The cost of standing Pat and going as far as you can is whatever assets you can sell are worth. And because the plan seems to bring the big 3 back, selling them would be a bad idea overall.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Seriously, in all honesty, do people think Hall really moves the needle to a large degree for Boston? I like Toronto’s add of Foligno way better.
Yes he is solid addition to their 2nd line. If Boston gets healthy they can challenge for sure.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Krejci-Smith
Ritchie-Coyle-DeBrusk

That's a quality top9.

I think both got what they needed. Boston needed secondary scoring and Toronto needed defensive minded player. But if you think Foligno is better player, then you are out of your mind.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Not doing anything isn't a fail. Not going all in doesn't mean you just sell all your ufas either.

The cost of standing Pat and going as far as you can is whatever assets you can sell are worth. And because the plan seems to bring the big 3 back, selling them would be a bad idea overall.
1st for Rakell is hardly going all in. If the rumors are true, I'm not sure why Holland hasn't traded for him

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So maybe they find a deal where they move Oleskiak(sp) through DET, Dallas and Detroit eat on Oleskiak, the Oilers also add Glendenning there, where they move out Jones, Marody and Turris.

I would be pretty happy if they could make something like that happen.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
If we are planning to resign Larson, Barrie and Nuge the idea of trading them away at the deadline doesn't send a very good message now does it. Oh but they will come back next season and bring Taylor Hall too! Yeah right.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Nobody is seriously saying to trade any of the big 3. I think what people are saying is that if we aren't going to go for it this year, why not trade Barrie as he has a lot of value likely. If we don't think we can win anything this year, why keep assets that we are only going to have this year?

North

Jun 25, 2009
Yes he is solid addition to their 2nd line. If Boston gets healthy they can challenge for sure.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hall-Krejci-Smith
Ritchie-Coyle-DeBrusk

That's a quality top9.

I think both got what they needed. Boston needed secondary scoring and Toronto needed defensive minded player. But if you think Foligno is better player, then you are out of your mind.

I think Foligno is a more complete player than Hall.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Leafs drafted their 2 superstars at the same time we drafted ours. Somehow magically they are ready to contend for a cup while our generational talents and core needs "experience". They still have a part of Kessel's salary against their cap hit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad