Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yeah I thought about bringing up Lundell or a similar prospect, but I figure if Fiala is traded it has to be for a guy who will be more of a sure thing next season, and he's definitely not that. I would personally be okay with some sort of move like that, but a lot of people wouldn't. So Vilardi, to me, was a nice compromise where we get younger, and probably worse next season, but we get a young top 6 center beyond that. Plus I've always really liked Vilardi.

I have no idea what Guerin is going to do, and it doesn't really seem (publicly) like he does either, so I'm simply expecting the worst at this point.
Vilardi does seem more like the low end of what they'd want in terms of someone who could contribute next year. At least in my head.

Reactions: 57special and AKL

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think it's probably a 75% chance that trading him ends up being a mistake.

But, for the sake of playing the game, I actually kinda/sorta think this works for everybody:

To LA: Fiala
To Win: Dumba
To Min: Eichel + Jets 2021 2nd
To Buf: #8 + #17 + #21 or #25 + prospect from us (not Rossi or Boldy) + LA 2021 2nd

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

But, for the sake of playing the game, I actually kinda/sorta think this works for everybody:

To Buf: #8 + #17 + #21 or #25 + prospect from us (not Rossi or Boldy) + LA 2021 2nd

Buffalo probably wants players back, not picks.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Buffalo probably wants players back, not picks.

Yeah, who knows. The most talked about rumor so far has been been #3 from Anaheim, so it's hard to say.

Personally, I think it would be a mistake for them to go player heavy, on the return, but GMs face a little different pressure than we do.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Yeah, who knows. The most talked about rumor so far has been been #3 from Anaheim, so it's hard to say.

Personally, I think it would be a mistake for them to go player heavy, on the return, but GMs face a little different pressure than we do.

Also more of a sure thing than an unknown.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

I think LA and Winnipeg would definetly be looking to send money out. But, I’m with you. Eichel/Kap/Rossi/Boldy would a be a core to build around

P10p

May 15, 2012
Only thing that worries me is if/when Eichel will be healthy enough to play again.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Only thing that worries me is if/when Eichel will be healthy enough to play again.
As far as speculation I've just kind of been ignoring that aspect of it since it seems like a deal breaker. If the team doesn't have confidence in his health I don't know how you can justify trading for him at all.

Reactions: P10p

P10p

May 15, 2012
As far as speculation I've just kind of been ignoring that aspect of it since it seems like a deal breaker. If the team doesn't have confidence in his health I don't know how you can justify trading for him at all.

Yeah that's very true. Just as scary, especially from a fan perspective, is even if he gets back to being healthy it may not be this upcoming season

Reactions: Bazeek

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Until I see otherwise, an Eichel offer of Fiala + Dumba + 1st is the best the Sabres are going to get.
I'm with you. At top pair, dman, a 1st liner, and a 1st is more than enough for a guy who (from this mornings Russo show)might not be ready for training camp, and that's if everything goes well.

Maybe we should Kucherov him? LTIR the whole of next year, sign Danualt, barely squeak into the playoffs, then bring him in for the playoffs?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Is Sean Couturier really on the market? Would Fletcher really trade him for a top pairing Dman?

If so, we should drop everything and just get that deal done.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is Sean Couturier really on the market? Would Fletcher really trade him for a top pairing Dman?

If so, we should drop everything and just get that deal done.
Probably not, but if he does, keep in mind the Couts has only one more year left on his deal, and is gonna want to get PAID. I like him, but am not sure that I want to sign him to a long term, high dollar deal when he's 29yo. He is going to want 7/50M at a minimum on a deal that takes him to age 36yo.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.

To Buf: #8 + #17 + #21 or #25 + prospect from us (not Rossi or Boldy) + LA 20ght21 2nd
Holy moly that took a lot of thought. If we end up with a healthy Eichel- Fiala-Dumba that would be fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad