Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
If hertl is included I’ll strongly consider it

thats what im thinking. san jose could be forced into a corner here to get rid of kane, who other than the outside distractions is still a pretty good hockey player. which could force the hand of san jose to give up in other areas to make it happen. Plus depending on the investigation kane could end up suspended or something (im not quite sure if that eliminates his salary)

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
thats what im thinking. san jose could be forced into a corner here to get rid of kane, who other than the outside distractions is still a pretty good hockey player. which could force the hand of san jose to give up in other areas to make it happen. Plus depending on the investigation kane could end up suspended or something (im not quite sure if that eliminates his salary)
at 3.5 for 3 more years it could get pretty sketchy unless we tried to also eat some of that cap and try to sell him to a contender at the TDL?

Reactions: GuerinUp

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Hm. 4 years of Evander Kane? I think the Wild could escape 2 years unscathed, but 4 is a lot. I don't really want to judge a guy I don't know, but there's always been a lot of baggage that's followed him around.

Hertl almost makes it worth while. Dang... it's an interesting question. I think I'd do the deal and then just buy Kane out if he becomes as big a distraction as he seems to have been elsewhere. At 50% retained, we'd only be stuck with 50% of the buyout (San Jose would be stuck with the other half). By that point, what's a couple million more in dead cap?

Reactions: GuerinUp

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
would you take evander kane at 50% retained if they threw hertl into the deal?

sounds like his team doesnt want him back

No. Not enough money to go around. Not interested in giving up the pieces required to get it done. SJ isn't just going to give Hertl away for free for someone to take Kane at 50%. You're still giving up assets.

And Hertl may not even extend here. Why would he?

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Hertl would probably be happy to play here, considering he gets Kap and Zucc for linemates.

The real issue is that it's likely Kane is guilty, in which case his contact will be terminated. So there isn't anything to discuss

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hertl would probably be happy to play here, considering he gets Kap and Zucc for linemates.

The real issue is that it's likely Kane is guilty, in which case his contact will be terminated. So there isn't anything to discuss

That's not how that works :laugh:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i didn't think we'd have any problem with fiala , the team going to arbitration is a very bad sign. im thinking we trade fiala & kaprizov for a kings ransom and rebuild.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami

Oh? Have I missed something?

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
No. Not enough money to go around. Not interested in giving up the pieces required to get it done. SJ isn't just going to give Hertl away for free for someone to take Kane at 50%. You're still giving up assets.

And Hertl may not even extend here. Why would he?

I was thinking somewhere on the lines of greenway, rask, and a pick. Then trade fiala next season if we can resign hertl. Greenway is most likely gone either way, so we really arent losing much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad