Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Probably more than we think. He has a very friendly cap hit with control for a middle 6 center. I think you’ll have to give up a first+. I saw on a capfriendly AZ fans wanting to do Greenway & 1st for Dvorak & 2nd.

While I think that is fair,I know many fans not wanting to give up a first. Maybe Greenway &2nd for Dvorak?
Not that Paul Bissonnette has the credentials of an NHL scout, but he says that he sees Dvorak as a great 3C on a contending team. Given his bias towards Coyotes players and the amount of Dvorak's games he has watched, I tend to take him at his word. I don't think it's worth it to give up Greenway and a 1st for what I would view as a slight upgrade over Rask.

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
I think losing half of our Top 6 could definitely impact their play, yes.
We still have Spurg, Brodin and Dumba and Goligoski essentially replaces Suter's minutes. I believe Goligoski will put up more pts and help us more on the PP than what Suter did. Defensively I think Suter is slightly better than Goligoski but Goligoski is more mobile and plays a heavier game than Suter. I'm not really worried about the bottom 2 guys on our D and they are more or less replaceable and I think Guerin was able to do that.

I'm more worried about actually getting a top 6 center in here to help Kaprisov and Fiala reach the next level in there play. Tired of watching Rask fumble every pass or whiff on most of his shots.

Reactions: Slotski

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
Not that Paul Bissonnette has the credentials of an NHL scout, but he says that he sees Dvorak as a great 3C on a contending team. Given his bias towards Coyotes players and the amount of Dvorak's games he has watched, I tend to take him at his word. I don't think it's worth it to give up Greenway and a 1st for what I would view as a slight upgrade over Rask.

The bolded part has me believing you're trolling us with that comment right?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dvorak would be a big upgrade over Rask, but he also actually is just a pretty average middle six 6. He's gotta be one of the more overrated players in the league. He would be our second best center, which would be nice, but too many people think there's untapped 70 point potential in him for some reason.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
3c on a contender means a lot though. Like sure even Winnipeg has Scheifele and PLD. So 3c makes perfect sense.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Dvorak's even strength production had him tied with Bjugstad and Rask last season. That combined with the hefty price tag Yotes fans seem to be placing on him makes me wary of a trade

Reactions: thestonedkoala

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
im against trading for dvorak, much like i was against signing danault. If youre going to give up assets or a bunch of money it should be for a offensively gifted center. Otherwise just be patient.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
im against trading for dvorak, much like i was against signing danault. If youre going to give up assets or a bunch of money it should be for a offensively gifted center. Otherwise just be patient.

This is largely where I'm at at this point. Dvorak likely can't be had without giving up a 1st+, and where we stand right now for the next several years, it doesn't make sense to trade that kind of package for that guy.

That said, giving up something like Greenway+3rd, where it doesn't really hurt us going forward, would be fine with me.

Reactions: GuerinUp

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
He makes almost 6M AAV for 5 more years, on a back loaded contract, with mediocre production. Awful on FO's.
Not to advocate too strongly for Schmaltz, but if any team can take on backloaded contracts it's the one with $15m in dead cap space for 2 straight seasons.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And Dvorak has never scored more than 38 points while being given 1C opportunities, so it's not like you can't miss with him making 4.5M for the next four years.

Reactions: nickschultzfan

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think losing half of our Top 6 could definitely impact their play, yes.
I find it odd you call it a top 6, when you literally just play 6 in a given game.

That's like calling our forwards the top 12. It doesn't make much sense.

As for what we lost? We lost 1 top 4 defenseman. A good one, which is why our top 4 likely won't be elite anymore.

We lost 2 bottom pair defensemen. Luckily the bottom pair can be sheltered and get limited minutes, so not nearly as big of a problem.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I find it odd you call it a top 6, when you literally just play 6 in a given game.

That's like calling our forwards the top 12. It doesn't make much sense.

As for what we lost? We lost 1 top 4 defenseman. A good one, which is why our top 4 likely won't be elite anymore.

We lost 2 bottom pair defensemen. Luckily the bottom pair can be sheltered and get limited minutes, so not nearly as big of a problem.

It made enough sense for you to understand it was half of the defense. Kind of an irrelevant thing to even mention.

If we want to compare to forwards, it’s the equivalent of losing 2 middle-6 forwards, and 4 bottom-6 forwards. And Soucy & Cole may have been on the 3rd pairing, but they were still significant players. They ate a decent amount of minutes & it’s a lot easier to shelter a forward line than a defensive pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad