Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LI

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Guerin is not going to tank on purpose. The moves he has made/not made may make it seem like it and very well might end up with us getting top 5 picks, but he has visions of this team being competitive during this roster make-over and isn't going to sell the farm for futures.

He's a damn fool then. Dvorak + Rask + Eriksson-Ek + Sturm/Gaudreau isn't enough to put this team over the hump. Plus he's dumping assets for what reason? Greenway should be traded for either a prospect or a pick, not a 25 year old center.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
He's a damn fool then. Dvorak + Rask + Eriksson-Ek + Sturm/Gaudreau isn't enough to put this team over the hump. Plus he's dumping assets for what reason? Greenway should be traded for either a prospect or a pick, not a 25 year old center.

That's not the right lineup.
Dvorak - Rossi - Ek - Sturm/Gaudreau

A 25 year old center who is better than anything more in our pipeline, and would be under team control for 3-4 more years is definitely an asset.

Reactions: ctmagic

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He wouldn't be cheap and there would need to be either salary going back to ARI or they would have to retain.

I'm terrible at this exercise, but maybe something like Greenway + 2022 1st (protected)?
Sounds good to me. Maybe a C prospect like Marat rather than a protected 1st would make more sense. I don't know what they have in goalies now that they have moved Kuemper, not that we have anything of note besides Wallstadt.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
That's not the right lineup.
Dvorak - Rossi - Ek - Sturm/Gaudreau

A 25 year old center who is better than anything more in our pipeline, and would be under team control for 3-4 more years is definitely an asset.

Where's Rask? As much as the Wild fanbase hate him, Evason and Guerin more than like him. More so, Rossi isn't ready.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Where's Rask? As much as the Wild fanbase hate him, Evason and Guerin more than like him. More so, Rossi isn't ready.

I'm not talking about Day 1, 2021. I'm talking about April 2022 and Day 1, 2022. So, you start 2021 with Rask in the lineup, and you work toward Rossi having and bigger and bigger role as the year goes on.

Any re-build or re-tool has to look ahead at least a little way, right?

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Guerin is not going to tank on purpose. The moves he has made/not made may make it seem like it and very well might end up with us getting top 5 picks, but he has visions of this team being competitive during this roster make-over and isn't going to sell the farm for futures.

Lol, I'm not sure 'failing his way' into a top 5 pick is any better. Not trying to be a smarta$$, just made me chuckle the way you phrased it. And I totally agree....he may very well have created the first top 5 pick the Wild have ever had....by not trying to get one.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Oh so maybe he wasn’t just a 4th line signing? Also, does that mean he’s penciling Boldy in Iowa or do they see Gaudreau as a C? I know Russo said something along the lines of him coming in to play wing for us?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Oh so maybe he wasn’t just a 4th line signing? Also, does that mean he’s penciling Boldy in Iowa or do they see Gaudreau as a C? I know Russo said something along the lines of him coming in to play wing for us?

Boldy is probably going to start in Iowa. I can't shake this feeling that Guerin doesn't like Boldy.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

Wonder if he is just gonna try to stack Iowa this year with all of our prospects. Not sure if it would be anything except confidence and chemistry boosting

HobeyBroten

Jul 12, 2012
Lol, I'm not sure 'failing his way' into a top 5 pick is any better. Not trying to be a smarta$$, just made me chuckle the way you phrased it. And I totally agree....he may very well have created the first top 5 pick the Wild have ever had....by not trying to get one.
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think we're going to be close to a top 5 pick. Maybe 12-22ish, but there are FAR worse teams out there than us, even with the roster as it stands now. I expect us to be our typical bubble team - first round loss unless a handful of the kids step up.

Reactions: ctmagic and BagHead

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Whatever we do, I hope if we suck we can do it during the 2022-23 season. Adding Bedard or Michkov to our franchise would be huge

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Stacking the AHL to build up the next team would at least feel like a plan. Not sure how that fits in with Kaprizov's timeline but at least its a plan.

Reactions: MuckOG

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
Oh gosh. If we’re placing them all in IA, then it’s going to be a long year
Not sure I understand why it would be a long year if they are all placed in IA. None of these prospects were on the big club anyway and we took Vegas to game 7. Essentially we lost Parise (4th liner/press box ) and Suter (top 4 dman) from the current team. I can't see us being a ton worse but I also don't see us being much improved either.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Not sure I understand why it would be a long year if they are all placed in IA. None of these prospects were on the big club anyway and we took Vegas to game 7. Essentially we lost Parise (4th liner/press box ) and Suter (top 4 dman) from the current team. I can't see us being a ton worse but I also don't see us being much improved either.
Because we played half our games against teams like AZ, LA, SJ and Ana. It will be interesting how teams stack up when they play everybody in the league again.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Whatever we do, I hope if we suck we can do it during the 2022-23 season. Adding Bedard or Michkov to our franchise would be huge
Come on, you know a Minnesota team that matters is never going to win the lottery in a year like that.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

Why does everyone forget that Vegas was without Patches when we played them? More so, they scored 20 goals vs Minnesota's 13. It wasn't even close.

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
Because we played half our games against teams like AZ, LA, SJ and Ana. It will be interesting how teams stack up when they play everybody in the league again.
come on...Vegas and Colorado also played half there games against AZ, LA, SJ and ANA and we were only a few pts behind those 2 teams. I'm not saying we should be in the same category as them but we're not a bottom feeder team either. We'll do what we do best --> not good enough to contend but not bad enough either to get a top 5 pick.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

And Soucy and Cole

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011

Looks like Evason just said "it could be an option" because they've played together before, nothing as conclusive as the tweet would suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad