Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Guys under 30 usually want term, which is more dangerous than age for us right now.
Yes, but last year showed that younger guys can sign 1 year deals too given the current environment. Hall, Granlund, etc. Signed one year deals. Who's to say lesser players like Ryan Murray, Jake McCabe and Brandon Montour won't?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yes, but last year showed that younger guys can sign 1 year deals too given the current environment. Hall, Granlund, etc. Signed one year deals. Who's to say lesser players like Ryan Murray, Jake McCabe and Brandon Montour won't?
It sounds like Montour is staying in Florida and I'm guessing Murray gets a pretty decent offer. McCabe has been my personal Plan A since the Suter buyout, but part of that is hoping that he'd want to risk a shorter term deal after years of injuries and playing for the Sabres. 1-2 years would have his contract expiring while he's still under 30 and able to cash in. If he ends up signing for less than we hand to Goligoski I'll be a little miffed, but we'll see.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t know what the plan would be for Vegas to make Eichel work if they’re doing Danault and Martinez already

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don’t know what the plan would be for Vegas to make Eichel work if they’re doing Danault and Martinez already
Martinez, Danault, Patrick, a backup goalie and depth guys probably eat up everything they gained from trading Fleury. That team is run by crazy people so you never know, but I don't think they're going after Eichel. It probably comes down to us or Calgary unless Adams relents on his "no Eastern teams" mandate.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Martinez, Danault, Patrick, a backup goalie and depth guys probably eat up everything they gained from trading Fleury. That team is run by crazy people so you never know, but I don't think they're going after Eichel. It probably comes down to us or Calgary unless Adams relents on his "no Eastern teams" mandate.
I don’t know how we don’t beat an offer from Calgary. I just want this to get done though. It’s affecting my work

Also, love the Danault signing for Vegas; he’s perfect for them

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

2FA7BD89-0EBA-4453-8358-4540D858CB2A.jpeg

Reactions: RussosBurner

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Who would get an Eichel jersey if we traded for him?
I certainly would. Even if it guts the team and results in nothing.... He would be, hands down, the most talented player on a wild sweater ever.

To be clear, unless the cost is only one of Boldy or rossi, I'd rather not...

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I certainly would. Even if it guts the team and results in nothing.... He would be, hands down, the most talented player on a wild sweater ever.

To be clear, unless the cost is only one of Boldy or rossi, I'd rather not...
Nobody even knows what he'll be like after his surgery. His health alone is one big question mark.....not something you gut your team for.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Nobody even knows what he'll be like after his surgery. His health alone is one big question mark.....not something you gut your team for.
This. So much this.
In addition to the rumors that he’s a… handful off the ice, no thanks.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
That's the big question though, isn't it? We've been rioting for an actual 1C now for how many years. Do we take a chance on a true, elite 1C even with the health questions? Honestly.... Beats me.... I'm glad I'm not in Guerin shoes. But, if it's only one of Boldy or Rossi (hopefully Boldy) I'll leave the pitchforks in the closet.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This. So much this.
In addition to the rumors that he’s a… handful off the ice, no thanks.
They said ROR was a problem in Buffalo, too, then he was named Captain in STL and won them a Cup. Not saying that Eichel is a great guy, but fanbases, hometown media and the team tend to turn on players that state their unwillingness to be part of the team.

I don't know what he's like, but it's pretty hard to script a worse place for him to start his career. I don't blame him (or Reinhart, or Risto), for wanting out.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
That's the big question though, isn't it? We've been rioting for an actual 1C now for how many years. Do we take a chance on a true, elite 1C even with the health questions? Honestly.... Beats me.... I'm glad I'm not in Guerin shoes. But, if it's only one of Boldy or Rossi (hopefully Boldy) I'll leave the pitchforks in the closet.
Nah. I think for the package you’d be giving up, it’s for the assumption of a healthy Eichel, when that’s not a guarantee.
If they make the move for Eichel and he doesn’t pan out, there’s going to be pitch forks and you set your team back quite a bit. I think you roll with what you have and develop from within. They may not reach the skill of a healthy Eichel buy at least you don’t have sunken cost.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
They said ROR was a problem in Buffalo, too, then he was named Captain in STL and won them a Cup. Not saying that Eichel is a great guy, but fanbases, hometown media and the team tend to turn on players that state their unwillingness to be part of the team.

I don't know what he's like, but it's pretty hard to script a worse place for him to start his career. I don't blame him (or Reinhart, or Risto), for wanting out.
I’m just saying it’s something to consider, especially after BG has made so many moves to change the culture of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad